Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission public consultation on solar panels

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Here is the SI

Max size for a ground array on a residential site is 25 square metres. Max height is 2.5 metres.

if you comply with everything in the regs but Karen next door claims that the glare from your panels is blinding her, she may have grounds for a complaint.

"Development under this Class which causes hazardous glint and/or glare shall not be exempted development and any solar photo - voltaic or solar thermal collector panels which are causing hazardous glint and/or glare shall either be removed or be covered until such time as a mitigation plan to address the hazardous glint and/or glare is agreed and implemented to the satisfaction of the Planning Authority". 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

The houses opposite me reflect light into the office causing glare, does that mean I can get them knocked down or painted black? 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They amended that so, at the first stage it was 4m height exemption for ground arrays

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement