Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Do you have to activate it in the infotainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭eagerv

I had the ID.3 but iiirc you had to set it up first on the lights menu? Could be wrong, memory aint great..

Edit..Beaten to it😊

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Liam2021

It all depends on which model you have. There is no auto dimming lights on the life version. Not sure how far up the models you have to go. My id3 first edition has it and all you do is flick the stalk forward until you get the white logo on dash with auto

• Registered Users Posts: 23,312 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I think allianz do the same. That's who we're with, but about 16 days into our temporary transfer plus maybe a day or 2 from earlier in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭cannco253

Check your Aviva/motor policy for the PC12A clause, it should be standard enough but the dealer will want to see it to confirm it’s in place. They just hand you the keys and off you go.

After a week you tell Aviva you still have the loaner, provide them with the reg and value.

Not sure what happens if it continues for longer then 30 days , you’d have to speak to Aviva and the dealer at that stage.

Had a positive conversation with a service technician today. So far the car is making the right noises. Fingers crossed for Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,516 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Anyone with headlight auto dimming.. I was driving last night and had it on. When it sees an oncoming car should the symbol change from blue with the A to white? And fully dip the lights? That's the way my Tiguan worked but with the id4 it didn't change but I could see the lights dipped a bit? The oncoming car didn't flash me but I don't want to be blinding cars either..

At some points it did dip the lights fully and the symbol changed to white with the A letter..

The lights on dark roads are amazing.. I'm just not sure about the auto dimming

Thanks,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

If you have the IQ lights (Matrix LED, look like eyes from outside) then they dim the portion of the light beam which point to the oncoming traffic. The rest of the high beam will stay on. Standard LED light will revert to low beam once the oncoming traffic is detected.

Will the symbol on the dash change from blue to white?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It'll change to white when the lights go back to dip mode

When the matrix lights are adjusting for other cars then it'll stay blue with the A symbol in the middle

If the symbol is blue with no A then it's manual headlights and won't adjust for oncoming cars

If you're in automatic and want to go back to dip only, then push the light stalk forward to go to manual full beam, and then pull back to flash the lights. That'll reset to normal mode

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Tbh, I only had the car with matrix LED for 6 weeks and never looked at the screen when the dimming was in action. On my car with basic leds it does change from blue to white with A symbol.

Thanks so it works different to my Tiguan.. I'd have expected drivers to flash at me if I was blinding them.. the matrix lights are cool when you change from dip's to full on a dark road.. some lights

Yeah I'm a bit paranoid that I'm blinding other drivers, but no-one is flashing their lights at me so it must be okay

I do switch them off at junctions sometimes as I think it's a lot easier to blind other cars then

They're brilliant lights though, the width of the beams is fantastic and I feel like I can see everything around the front of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭id.4 fan

Hi all, I placed an order for an ID.4 Life on the 20th Sept'2022.

I'm wondering what the real world wait time currently is on delivery to Ireland,

Thanks in advance.

It can be very short if you manage to get a cancellation. If you're flexible on what colour or trim level you want then it's best to let your dealership know, they might ring you if one becomes available

I went for the basic base trim Pro, moonstone grey colour.

Dealer told me it could take anything from 3-6 months but I'm hearing horror stories from different people who ordered other brands of ev cars waiting over 1 year for their cars to arrive!!!!

I think you can be reasonably confident of getting the car within 6 months. Keep in touch with your dealership and when you get a build week then things should get a lot more accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 11 galway111

This question may have been answered multiple times already but its to do with the range on the ID4 Pro (77kW). We only have it a month and most trips are short trips but we did a few long trips which needed a charge along the way. But whenever we charge to 80% at home the given range then varies from 330 to 370km. But should it not charge up to 80% of the 500km range given in the specs. Or is there some calculation in the car based on your previous journeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yes, correct, it uses previous journeys and probably temperature to calculate expected range.

I've been told by a few dealers that in reality the ID.4 range is 400kms not whats advertised by VW.

Maybe true on a perfect day weather wise and driving like miss daisy.

So charging to 80% equates to 320kms.

500km isn't a guarantee, it's an estimate VW have cooked up under certain conditions. Short trips are harder on range. Cooler temperatures are harder on range (your short trip used some battery warming the cabin, and batteries are more efficient at warmer temperatures).

The range displayed is more indicative of how efficient you drive and the range you can expect based on your driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 collatteral

Did anyone else notice this screw on their driver door? It looks as if it was screwed in incorrectly and forgotten. On the passenger door there's a rubber cover 🤔

Yeah the GOM (Guess O Meter) bases it's range on things like driving history, outside temp and cabin temperature

Well, more accurately it looks at the consumption over recent journeys and calculates the range from the remaining battery charge

It's a bit of an open question as to how much historical data the GOM uses in its calculation

In general shorter trips are bad for consumption because you're heating the battery and cabin up every time. The latest software should fix some of those issues

FWIW, I think around 350km is what you'd expect in winter from a full charge, probably over 400km in summer

So.... What should 2.4 look like in the system information screen? I know it should still say 2.3.0, but what software version should it say? 0912?

Got a quick picture for you. Can't remember anything changing from 2.3

Also got a good shot of my bald head apparently 🤣

Oooo, first time seeing/noticing the bigger "max" screen. Nice.

Looks similar to mine. Update done, apparently. Good to have it back

Yeah the big screen is nice, although it does make the graphics look a bit more crappy.

Android auto looks good though so I'm guessing it's whatever tortured graphics engine VW are using which is making the screen look bad

I haven't noticed any difference with 2.4, except I got my first maps update in a while shortly after getting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

what software is coming with new cars? getting mine this week - trading in my id3 first

Advertisement