Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yes. One of the small cigarette lighter ones. Plenty good enough to pump a soft tyre to get you going again from a slow puncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I also ordered mine late Feb and took delivery in July this year....it might be the model mine was a GTX.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I went out and looked and I can't see one in the 1st edition ID4. Did anyone else get an air compressor?

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Nope. Nothing. Some got socks... That was about it.

On 1 set of tires? I'm at ~20k and the set the car came with won't do me into the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Mine came with puncture protection tyres, so I didn't get a repair kit as a result

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Two in the same tyre. Puncture protection sealed one but the other resulted in flat

I got it repaired and hopefully will last a while. But I should probably budget for a new one at any rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭cannco253

Had to change mine after 29,000 km.

probably 50% motorway driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I got it with the ID4 city. Surprised other specs didn’t get it

it’s on with the cables

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

So 4 months or thereabouts.. Wonder if it is still in that ball park or if it's longer now..... 🤔

• Advertisement

Can yours reach the front tyres? The one my mum got with her ID.3 doesn't reach because the 12v is in the boot

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It does. I had a front left wheel punctureon my ID.3 a while a go and the wiring is plenty long to get get power from the 12V socket which is on the right side of the boot.

i had that with a previous car. Trick is to bring it through the car and out the front window or door.

i have not tried the one in the car

Post edited by ted1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Razorfish

Expecting to take delivery of my new ID.4 GTX in next week or so according to the VW dealer. Been waiting an eternity for the car.

Probably some questions I should have thought about when ordering or before now:

Q1. The vehicle SIMI order/ sales contract from the dealer that I received on ordering contains the price plus extras (added options), total, less deposit and balance outstanding. Based on the ID.4 brochure, which wraps the delivery cost into the price, I always presumed this total/ balance outstanding included the delivery cost, €1,300 (the on the road price). Before I call the dealer to ask on Monday, would this be the experience of others ?

Q2. When the dealer contacted me a while back on the S, M and L service packages I presumed they were additional to the total cost as written in the SIMI order/ sales contract on ordering? I'm going for the L service packages which is about €648. Would I be right on this?

Q3. Final question, I'm getting a white metallic ID.4 GTX and on looking at my SIMI order/ sales contract from the dealer I see it lists paint as an option cost of €683 (which I think is €735 now). Didn't really notice at the time of order but at the time (and I have the brochure), only Kings red metallic was at an additional cost of €168 (now €181) for the GTX. Other versions of the ID.4 did pay €683 (now €735) for paint but the RRP for paint on the GTX was €0.

Appreciate any thoughts on whether my presumptions are correct above. Apologies for the boat load of questions. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

I would just play dumb and assume all those things are included at no additional cost.. I didn't even ask about the service pack till the dealers emailed it onto me... Can't remember which letter it is but it includes 2 tyres... Checked the email it's the L plan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all, couple of small issues I’m having now, my front sensors seem very sensitive, especially when it’s wet the rain seems to set them off. Is it just me?! Also since the software update to 0912 I get an error message at the start saying ‘unable to load connection status’ Not a major issue as it seems to work as normal, just annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Im in a similar position as you and due to pick up a gtx in the next few days. My take on the questions below:

For 1, the delivery charge should be included in the deal. You should be priced on the road

For 2, the S service pack is included in the delivery change but can be removed on request. Your addtional cost for an L should be delta between the two

For 3, the only GTX colour that was an extra charge was the Red. You shouldn't be charged anything extra for white.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Indeed we had a lot of that yesterday in the rain

I find them to be super sensitive when the wheels are turned, I suspect they pick up the bottom of the reg plate

Any body else’s car default to 50% charging in the VW app.

i’m away but the misses phoned to say the car was only charging to 50% sure enough the app was set to 50%. We don’t use the app for charging as we use the chargers app instead

• Advertisement

Doesn't default but it's easy to change the slider on the infotainment screen when charging to a lower amount.. I use it sometimes to avoid using power at home as we get free charging at work.. you have to set it back to the desired target charge level or it stays at the level

It was 100% but it changed to 50% on its own.

I’ve the Ohme pro charge point with reads the SoC from VW. So use that to control the max charge

Hasn't ever changed on its own account on ours but who knows

Best guess is that someone inadvertently did it while “playing” with the infotainment.

Yeah mine has never changed by itself. I also have no issues with the parking sensors, raining or any other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I've an odd home charger issue recently, and since the car went in for 2.4 (though can't be sure its related). I've an EO mini pro 2 and use it to schedule charging at night which has been working fine for the last year. Since the update, or coincidentally around the same time, when charing it only charges at 4kW instead of 7kW like normal. Now, I know of the issues with the VW charging timers and I'm not using them. The car has no location set and no timers set in any way. The EO mini has a timer to charge from midnight, which has been working fine until now.

It starts charging correctly with the EO timer but only at the lower rate, and I can see from the EO app the rate is 3.6 or 3.8kW. If I pause and restart the charge most of the time it will go to 7kW. Also if I plug the car in with no timer set it will start charging at 7kW. So its not an issue with the charger or cable or car directly. I've seen talk of similar issues due to the car going to 'sleep' and not waking correctly which might be causing this, and I had seen something similar to this briefly when I got the last year but it seemed to fix itself after playing around with it. I've tried toggling settings like reduce ac on/off with no luck.

Anyone else see anything like this since the update, or in general, with any tips on what might be causing this? I would think it's software related on the car itself but very hard to figure out where to go next. Not sure how much help ringing the dealer will be, so want to exhaust most troubleshooting options first.

Sounds like a software compatibility issue between the car and charge point. Could be related to v2.4 alright.

Have you checked if there is any software updates for the EO mini?

Have you tried a restart of the charge point?

Yeah I've tried power cycling the charger from the fuse box. The EO mini app is basic at best, so there's no updates available for it and it doesn't show the firmware of the unit or options to update it.

I'm going to keep playing around with settings, perhaps something got reset during the 2.4 update (I did notice some other small things reset after 2.4). I can try call the charger installer also, they might have some others reporting this recently or maybe there's a firmware update they can do. But I'm still leaning towards the car software being the issue.

I've noticed that when the ID.4 gets grid limited it tends to not pick back up to the full 7kW for a while even after the charger is providing full power

I've also noticed that if I don't push the plug in all the way before the lock engages it goes into some sort of emergency charging only mode and won't go above 1kW. You can see this if the charging light is alternating green and red (2 green pluses and 1 red IIRC)

• Advertisement

Some more tests this evening, and maybe an interesting fix. I tried several times again with subtle different changes to settings (like changing the schedule charging type in EO app) but still the charge started and stayed at 4kW.

For fun I tried setting my location in the car settings, that would be used to set up scheduled charging from the car itself. I left all the settings as default, kept the schedules off and just toggled some options like reduce charge rate on/off. I connected the charger and let it wait to charge on the EO schedule like the other tries and this time it started at 7kW!

Can’t be sure if this has fully resolved it and I don’t need to charge the car tonight so will have to wait a few days before I try properly overnight, but I’m hoping it’s a possible fix or workaround.

Advertisement