Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just under 200,000 delivers with free SuC and they had an event after withdrawing the free SuC where they offered it again for a limited time period

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭dingbat

Can anyone recommend a decent boot-liner for the ID4 that doesn't make it a pain in the nads to get to the underneath compartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

Today sat into the car and it didn't come on.. nothing on binnacle or screen... Rebooted the centre console and it came on..was a little disconcerting to say the least! Driving around Scotland at the moment so don't fancy being stranded

• Registered Users Posts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah that happened to me once. Rebooting the car fixed it, it's a bit disconcerting alright

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

2.4 update cancelled on me. Something something issues with the update. So now I'm pushed to the back of the queue into mid/late September.

They said they're having awful problems with the update. It gets a certain amount of it downloaded/installed and then fails on the last step. VWs solution is to try again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

Thanks, I've tried that a good few times and it doesn't flick across. I tried jigging all the settings but no luck. I think I will have to ask the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just a quick update as I'm here in France with my GTX and I must say being able to turn on the air conditioning remotely is a life saver....coming back from the beach and hopping into an ice cold car is just amazing and a life saver. I'm here a week now and I have only seen one ID4 while here and not too many other EVs to be honest.

Charging the car using the granny cable off the mobile home . I was able to discreetly park it next to the wagon and only have a little bit of the cable showing...😎😎working a charm. Not doing too many kms over here so its working a charm

Oh not costing me a penny either!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Happy days, I'd love to do a similar trip next year. Are you around Northern France or did you travel further south?

Ditto. You'll have to give us a bit of a summary of the transport over, the drive from port to destination, the chargers used and apps required etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

• Advertisement

Awesome summary, thanks @KCross!

I've been dying to do a trip for France for a couple of years now. Hopefully next year with the kids being a bit older it'll be more feasible

Great to see the charging network is improving in France. I think Ionity still have a few gaps to fill around Brittany, but in general it looks like travelling across France is a pretty worry free affair

Yeah no probs just sitting on my deck here with really crap 4G so it's hard to write a detailed write up. But if you look at the thread bringing my EV to France in this forum I have a quick summary of the first few days.

I will do a more detailed write up once I get home. I have noticed I am getting a good few looks around the campsite when driving around, but I think its because of that low speed noise the ID4 puts out, it sounds cool. Also there is a small tunnel on site that goes under a main road on site that amplifies it.

All in all in France its going great...charging off the mobile home has been a result but I'm not doing big kms while here and I only traveled down to St-Jean-de-Monts from Roscoff so not a big way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Has anyone replaced a tyre yet? I think i have a slow puncture and might need to change the two back tyres. Only realised now the front and back tyres are different sizes.

looking at putting on Pirelli scorpions as they are significantly cheaper than the bridgestones on it.

Anyone any recommendations?

Surely you only need to replace one tyre?

The different size tyres is a bit annoying alright, can't rotate them

I think I've Scorpions on mine and I've yet to skid off the road, so I guess they work as expected

Won't be long before in changing mine. Certainly won't reach the 2 year service interval where VW included 2 tyres in the service pack (rage I didn't get it when there were 4 included). Must talk to VW about that really, and see can I get tyres early. I'll need them before winter to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not bad for an 80% fill

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Razorfish

After waiting since July 2021, my ID.4 GTX is built and my dealer says it updated this week to note that its on the way. Just wondering how long it usually takes to get from factory to dealer on average? The dealer said he's confident I'll have it by late September. Any experiences of transit from factory times welcome.

Firstly I am bamboozled how you placed an order for a GTX last July and still not got it...when I placed the order for my business GTX this February and got it in July this year?

Anyway deliverery from factory to me driving off with it took about 2 months. I would say early October possibly. Mine sat on the docks in Germany for about 4 weeks before it got on a ship.

@pad199207 that's impressive range you must be crawling along driving around the place...problem I have is I have the GTX and I am suffering from too many emergency take offs from green traffic lights!

Those lads in the Civic with the exhaust kit needed to be taught a lesson 😁

• Advertisement

And Ford Transits, Berlingos, Caddys, Semi Trucks all have to be taught as well don't forget.

I know the GTX is no Tesla but it's the fastest car I have ever had and I love there is no drama with EVs about getting revs up dumping the clutch etc etc. Just boot to the floor and your off.

Lucky I have no plans for tomorrow...this already after a few hours. Charging off the mobile home in Fance.

By the way what type of plug is this?? These are EV charging points outside a SuperU supermarket over here. They give out 22kW apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Did my first "long range" trip in an EV today. Charged the id4 to 100% last night and drove down to Tramore from Dublin today. Was wondering if I'd need to recharge but got down to Tramore with 61% of the battery left. Decided to plug it into one of the ESB chargers and used my EasyGo fob to pay. All nice and easy and stuck a few kWh into it to bring it back up above 70%.

Lovely drive, lovely day out, all 4 of us got scorched but went on loads of rides in the amusements but we've now done our first proper EV trip using the charging infrastructure and it's given me a lot of confidence in both the car and the network.

I even managed to have a chat with the id4 owner parked in the other charging spot beside mine. Can't believe she ordered her Family version in March and got it the same time as mine! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dave Barry

Anyone else experiencing the car showing down with adaptive cruise control on, the screen shows a car in the lane beside mine but yet it slows down?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,325 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That's a type 3c cable, only in France AFAIK and I've a feeling only the Twizy uses it

I think you can get an adaptor somewhere that turns a type 2 into a type 3c.

They're pricey but could also be a lifesaver as a lot of older charging stations seem to have 1 type 2 and one type 3c

It won't undertake a car when on cruise control, though if you tap the accelerator when it shows the car alongside you, it'll override it and undertake the car.

These ones outside SuperU are new and they have this type 3c on one side and then an ordinary French 2 pin granny plug on the other side that gives 3kW. Didn't bother with the granny charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yes the car won’t undertake on CC, makes sense really although easy to override

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

this is an issue across the vag range. It’s great when it does it when your passing cars out! Gives you real confidence in the car… the line I got from seat was we might have an update for it that was a year ago.. I quickly got rid of that car.

Advertisement