Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Horse Racing Bets (win...e/w....place

• 12-09-2022 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭

I will have a go at sticking a few bets up here for the winter and as usual all comments welcome but keep the abuse on the lower scale please. I also welcome all questions.

I will be using any bookmaker I have accounts with and Betty for some place bets

8.00 SKY LEGEND 1pt win 9/1 plus 3pts in the 3 place market skybet 13/8

Runs tonight for the first time since wind/gelding op so you could be a little worried whether this is a "lets see has it worked or is it off tonight" By Galileo out of a Spectre mare with a dosage of 0.64, has a course 3rd over a mile this extra distance should suit it really well.

Trainer/jockey combo over the last five years at Kempton 18 runners / 5 winners / 11 place / with an A/E of 1.62 (so a few decent priced winners in there.

The Galileo angle was much poorer in the win percentage (12.15%) than I had expected however the place strike rate (29%) is decent enough to put my hand in my pocket

154 days since last run so fitness also a worry however as I said the yard are 5 winners from 18 runners so lets hope the first of many runs well tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭timfinnegan

Oh dear another dud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭del roy

Sky Legend was well backed (4/1) however the jockey was niggling at him three furlongs from home and gave him two gentle taps letting him come home in his own time, one to keep in mind however he did look on the small side to me so would prefer to see carrying light weights, only my opinion of course

A loss of 4 points on the night

Tim its called Gambling but thanks for the encouragement.

3.55 CUMULONIMBUS 2pts e/w 8/1 skybet 4 places

Third run in a handicap today plus trainer reports horse needed his last run after being gelded. His first race in a maiden at Doncaster (soft) when third to Jimi Hendrix OR 98 and Beluga Gold OR 82 gives him a decent chance in this

Over the last five years the trainer has had 64 runners at Yarmouth producing 8 winners and 21 places in all races reduce that to handicaps and you get

43 runners....6 winners and 14 places

As this is a racing forum here are some views and stats

MAKAROVA

Ed Walker

I have done little with her since Salisbury 12 days ago. It looks a really good spot for her, I just hope the ground doesn’t dry up too much. I think she has a good chance with Tom back on board and would be disappointed if we don’t beat the Haggas horse Tarhib.

Trainer and jockey combo at yarmouth 11 runners 2 winners 5 places

3.55 CUMULONIMBUS 2pts e/w 8/1 skybet 4 places 1st 😀

I think CUMULONIMBUS had a few pound in hand there and gets us into profit.

Bank + 15.2pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

2nd behind Tahrib not too bad a small e/w profit.

Wednesday...Sandown....5.10pm Miss Down Under 1pt e/w 14/1 skybet 5 places

Miss Down Under has a dosage of 0.71 which should make this 1m2f at Sandown one to be interested in. The trainer has yet to strike form however at 14s I am prepared to play.

MDU won a 14 runner1m maiden at Kempton on only her second start with comments

RAN ON INSIDE FINAL FURLONG, WON GOING AWAY

makes this 1m2f right up her street, there is also lot of rain due to hit the course this evening and tomorrow.

Beaten 10L in a 1m4f handicap at Kempton 21 days ago she may have needed the race as trainer Amanda Perret has only run three horses this month so maybe they may strat running for her after a break.

Throw in its jockey Sean Levey's only mount tomorrow and the bad ground expected at the course its worth a poke at 14s

Wednesday...Yarmouth....2.10pm Katyusha 2pts e/w 12/1 skybet 4 places

Wednesday...Sandown....5.10pm Miss Down Under 1pt e/w 14/1 skybet 5 places

Bank 15.2pts

• Advertisement

Thursday Yarmouth

5.35 INCHBAE 11/1 2pts e/w hills 4 places (bet365 14/1 4 places)

INCHBAE owned by A.E. Oppenheimer ran his first three races to get handicapped, never got within 10L of any of the winners.

Sp in the three races were 80/1...66/1...33/1

Gets a handicap mark of 57, rocks up to a Southwell class 6...0-60 handicap, opens up at 9/2 drifts to 10/1 (OBVIOUSLY NEEDED THE RACE) finishes 4th btn 2 and 1/4L. Handicapper drops it 1LB to OR 56. Golden horn is the sire, last 12 years the sire has had 5 runners at Yarmouth running over 1m producing 1 winner and two places.

Entered in a class 5...0-70 handicap tomorrow, 11/1 big enough too tempt me.

Wednesday...Sandown....5.10pm Miss Down Under 1pt e/w 14/1 skybet 5 places 1st 😀 😀 18/1

12.8pts profit for the day

Bank now...+28pts

one for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Mr troll has quietened down for the moment! Well Done Del Roy

Thursday Newcastle

8.15 Sterling Knight 20/1 1pt e/w 4 places powers

I think 20/1 is too big for this horse, the track should suit him perfectly, he is drawn high. They tend to head for home quite early at this track and if Hayley can keep tags with them when they do the horse should have enough finishing speed to be at worst 4th or 5th.

Although the horse has not raced at Newcastle he has a 50% place strike rate on the allweather albeit in lower class races he is only a 3yr old and may improve a little.

Trainer ED DUNLOP has sent 107 runners to Newcastle winning 9 and 35 places, that's 1 in every 3 placing so at 20/1 he is worth a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭timfinnegan

Top top tipping, with some very astute and studied analysis. Well done sir. Glad to see someone taking a few bob from the bookies.

You have slayen this doubter and some👏👏👏

Post edited by timfinnegan on

Great picking an 18/1 speaks for itself I'd a small e/w on made up for my shite football bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Well done on MDU at 16-1 i had a small e/w covering some losing pots

looks like we did our dough, out to 50s and trainers comments below 😪 😪😪

Ran better at Southwell last time out when dropped back to a mile, but still only had 4 runs and work in progress. Back on the grass today and we feel there is more to come, but back up in grade so really overall just be happy with an improved run.

a few snippets for later on

Light Up Our Stars....18:45, Newcastle

DEC Odds: 36 (Betfair Exc)

Experienced sort that has won 8 times, including four times this year. Fourth run for us after coming to us back in June, but won well on first run for up at Epsom. Two fair runs since and the last of those came in a better race too than the one he won. Has the pace to come with the drop back to 1m here, but also has stamina for further which will help in the closing stages if able to keep tabs. Very tough race for the grade though, but 6 of his 8 career runs came on the AW so looking forward to seeing how he gets on here at Newcastle. Small e/w chance.

Fresh Hope 19:15, Newcastle

DEC Odds: 5.1 (Betfair Exc)

Another with a fair chance of getting involved - having won here last time out at the track. Got home by just a neck that day and up 3lbs for that here but is a horse that only does enough and we feel she had more in the tank last time. Should go well again and another Hayley rides.

Travesuras 20:30, Chelmsford

DEC Odds: 3.85 (Betfair Exc)

In good order despite being a beaten favourite last time out at Windsor. Back on the AW will suit and we've booked Harry Davies to help by taking off 3lbs this time. Well drawn in 1 too and in what doesn't look a great race will have a leading chance.

• Advertisement

Thursday Newcastle

8.15 Sterling Knight 20/1 1pt e/w 4 places powers

I think 20/1 is too big for this horse, the track should suit him perfectly, he is drawn high. They tend to head for home quite early at this track and if Hayley can keep tags with them when they do the horse should have enough finishing speed to be at worst 4th or 5th.

Although the horse has not raced at Newcastle he has a 50% place strike rate on the allweather albeit in lower class races he is only a 3yr old and may improve a little.

Trainer ED DUNLOP has sent 107 runners to Newcastle winning 9 and 35 places, that's 1 in every 3 placing so at 20/1 he is worth a play.

At least this fella moving in the right direction, 14s now

SWAYZE

William Muir & Chris Grassick

I think Swayze will run a big race today, on form he is 10lb better off with the favourite from his last run at Ascot where was only beaten under a length by Many A Star. He was squeezed out of a bit on that run and we are 14/1 and the favourite is 4/1 and we have a 10lb pull. I think he could run a very big race.

QUOTE FROM WILLIAM MUIR

Thursday Yarmouth

5.35 INCHBAE 11/1 2pts e/w hills 4 places (bet365 14/1 4 places)

5.35 inchbae 33/1 1pt e/w skybet 4 places

INCHBAE owned by A.E. Oppenheimer ran his first three races to get handicapped, never got within 10L of any of the winners.

Sp in the three races were 80/1...66/1...33/1

Gets a handicap mark of 57, rocks up to a Southwell class 6...0-60 handicap, opens up at 9/2 drifts to 10/1 (OBVIOUSLY NEEDED THE RACE) finishes 4th btn 2 and 1/4L. Handicapper drops it 1LB to OR 56. Golden horn is the sire, last 12 years the sire has had 5 runners at Yarmouth running over 1m producing 1 winner and two places.

Entered in a class 5...0-70 handicap tomorrow, 11/1 big enough too tempt me.

Just gone another 1pt e/w with skybet 33/1 😮

Inchbae finished 6th, certainly one to follow.

the snippets threw up a 7/2 winner and two places 14/1 ..100/30.

A loss of 8pt on our two bets which both ran ok regarding what price they were.

Onto today

Newbury 2.53 Surely Not 2pts win 4/1

Ayr 5.20 flying moon 2pts e/w 11/1 skybet 5 places

Bank now...+20pts

Onto today

Newbury 2.53 Surely Not 2pts win 4/1 1st 😀 😀 😀

Ayr 5.20 flying moon 2pts e/w 11/1 skybet 5 places

Bank now...+20pts

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

nice one - went out to 9/1 in running and looked all over the place, jockey pulled the horse over for space out wide and regrouped and then turned on the turbo boosters - looked a very promising horse.

Saturday Newmarket

5.01pm Sonnetina 1pt e/w 25/1 6 places bet365

OK so here we have a field of 20 Amateur jockey's

Half of them on donkey's

Half of them won't be fit (jockeys)

and in Sonnetina we have a horse who has raced 15 times on turf and finished 11 times in the first four places plus her lady jockey has had 105 races in her lifetime and finished in the first four places.....44 times

The track should suit as they head for home early and SONNETINA hopefully runs thru for a place or better, well that's the plan 😀

Onto today

Newbury 2.53 Surely Not 2pts win 4/1 1st

Ayr 5.20 flying moon 2pts e/w 11/1 skybet 5 places (piss poor run) unpl

4pts profit for the day

Bank now...+24pts

Saturday Ayr

3.40 chief of chiefs 18/1 2pts e/w powers 6 places

Saturday Newmarket

5.01pm Sonnetina 1pt e/w 25/1 6 places bet365

OK so here we have a field of 20 Amateur jockey's

Half of them on donkey's

Half of them won't be fit (jockeys)

and in Sonnetina we have a horse who has raced 15 times on turf and finished 11 times in the first four places plus her lady jockey has had 105 races in her lifetime and finished in the first four places.....44 times

The track should suit as they head for home early and SONNETINA hopefully runs thru for a place or better, well that's the plan 😀

• Advertisement

Two losers and 6pts loss on the day.

only the one today

Hamilton 4.30 Super stars 100/3 3 pts win powers

Bank...18pts

Advertisement