Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puredrive Battery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I checked historically during peak sun las year and yes same voltages so it checks out.

It did limit the charge to 50a at around 75% for a bit as it was charging today but then went back to 100a.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Is 20% soc discharge limit what everyone is using or could this be lowered?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Warrantied for 90% DOD. I have my discharge limit set to 12% and force charge SOC set to 10%.

Mine was defaulted to 15% but my installer checked with puredrive and can be lowered to 10% without affecting warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Just a quick thanks for the advise on this thread I adjusted the over discharge down to 12% and the Forcecharge SOC to 10% and all appears to be working well.

Instructions for others that can hopefully help. Default pin for Solis inverter advanced settings is 0010

select in Advanced Setting_> Storage energy Set-> Battery Select, after you choose the battery model, you will be asked to set an Over-discharge SOC and a Forceharge SOC.

The over-discharge SOC is the value down to which the inverter will discharge the battery into the loads.

That will need to be set to 10% The Forcecharge SOC is the value below which the inverter will start charging a battery from the grid to avoid complete depletion.

This Forcecharge SOC must be set below the over-discharge SOC value to avoid conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭con747

Can you add any battery to work with a Puredrive battery and a Solis Hybrid inverter or do you need to use the Puredrive? I am thinking of adding a battery soon after a recent install and could do with a little more storage for next winter as I found the 5kw Puredrive just runs out a couple of hours too early in the mornings before the panels kick in.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

I would say doubtful. Your man Will Prowse is combining batteries all the time but not with a hybrid, you'd need separate charge controller and a bit of a different set up.

I might have a 5kwh puredrive for sale soon if all going to plan 😉

Less than 1 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

Also might be interested if other guy does not take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Midlakelands

Hi,

Anyone had any luck with getting a good price on additional units? I've got two and I would add another if the price was right but I don't see much in the way of online quotes.

Yeah that's why I got rid of mine I wanted 4 of them but paying 10k for 4 batteries is a bit of a joke.

My installer wanted €2500 for another 5kw when I asked about a month ago. I don't see any for sale second hand anywhere. I picked up the one mentioned a few posts back and the 10kw I have now is sufficient for my needs.

Yeah I'd take another one if it was around €1500 or so and I wouldnt mind fitting it as it seems straightforward enough. I might hold off and see if availability/prices come down. I'm not sure if I want to go down the DIY battery route yet even though the price is much more attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Have found the Puredrive batteries pricey also when looking to add a second hence why I have ordered direct with a manufacturer in China.

Looked at DIY route also but the few issues put me off this option.

Where did you order from China and was there much of a saving on the battery?

• Advertisement

Actually contacted a few manufacturers pricing different batteries from rack mount to the powerwall type.

Ended up ordering 10x5kWh rack mount (min. quantity required to make it viable) although won't be using these and have a few reserved for boardsie's and a friend.

Going by the €2500 quoted above for adding a second puredrive then these will be saving €900+, the piss poor $ exchange rate lately doesn't help. DIY still offers better value but it isn't for everybody.

These batteries will be added to the Solis inverter setup in the coming month or so, so should be plug and play although I have been sent the settings for adding them for now. Being the guinea pig here but they have been used in various projects in the UK, USA, Australia etc. Hope to have them landed with the next two months all being well.

Oh I thought you ordered a puredrive direct from china....diy not for me

These will be plug and play, the same as the Puredrive without the expense.

I intend removing the puredrive and replacing with 2-3 of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭buzz11

Wondering if you received your new kit and how its going so far...

Like everything these days there have been delays (partly due to me), has just shipped so probably another month before I see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 aleesi

I'm on the same boat, I got a puredrive as part of my system, the price for the system was right however adding additional puredrive batt is fairly dear compared to chinese alternatives so I was wondering if you have by any chance tried to parallel your DIY battery (assuming you finally got it) )with the puredrive one via canbus.

Hi aleesi.

These are not a diy battery but a rack mount battery similar to the pylontech and dyness e.g with their own inbuilt bms.. I'll be taking the puredrive out (a good battery by the way) and replacing this with 2 or 3 of the rack mount batteries.

All being well these are due into Dublin this weekend and I would therefore hope to have them hooked up next week. Should have had them several weeks ago but there have been delays for various reasons which I figured would be the case anyway as I am well used to things being delayed through work, especially coming from the far east.

With the evening getting shorter it is a good time to be receiving them as the next few weeks with see us shifting to charging on night rate anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭poker--addict

How much did you pay? This is the sort of option I was on about in another thread, a plug and play import. Also not sure dealing with the few issues DIY can raise is for me.

😎

waiting on the final tally on collection as I've had a couple of rates for import duty so will have a concrete price then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭zoom_cool

You can get Powerwall for 5.12Kw from China delivered for about €1950 with euro exchange rate at the minute you wont be able to get them any better than that really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,709 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I got nearly 20kWh of prime CALB cells for not much more than that. Just sayin...

That's brutal. I guess prices really have come up recently just as I have imagined they would. In retrospect I was debating whether to go for 20kwh dyness and glad I didn't wait and went for it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭zoom_cool

I dont think you will get that now + BMS with current Euro exchange rate

The exchange rate really is brutal at the minute if ordering in dollars. Probably a 10% increase on the price in the last 6 months on this alone and the general rise in prices are making batteries expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,709 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Probably not, but to give an indication of how expensive pre-made batteries are. While most of them use inferior battery cells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

Hi,

Have you got a link for this wholesaler? I can't find them under that name..

Cheers

I don't suppose you still have that Puredrive battery by any chance?

Who was your installer? I'm trying to source a Puredrive battery. Contacting them directly is impossible.

Currently have it but will be selling once I have the other batteries in and tested.

New batteries due in Dublin Port this weekend so I should have them next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭runner2011

Just an FYI .. I had a Puredrive installed 20 days ago and it's failed , it was unreliable from day 1 with the Solis 5G inverter. Apparently is there is a compatibility problem between Solis and Puredrive on a certain / latest batch. I have been on to Puredrive myself and they acknowledged the problem but couldn't offer any solution at this point. My Installer is changing out the battery for a different make.

Thanks. When you're ready to sell will you let me know please? I'll buy it off you if the price is right.

Thanks for the information. When you say failed are we talking no LED and comms?

• Advertisement

So... It started with No Coms and the Solis inverter would restore the link and alarm would clear..once a day , then it started to escalate to NO BATTERY alarms 2-3 times a day .. then it went to BATTERY NAME FAIL and the Inverter would go into non operational mode with the battery selected. Most of the time the LED on the front of the battery was green then it started to go red. Puredrive were really indifferent about the problem on the phone ..offered no help no apologies ,no we will send another battery etc just "yes we know" .

Installer is putting in a Dyness to see how that goes .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Well don’t I now have to join the merry band now. Only took delivery of additional puredrive battery on Wednesday. As of yesterday (as that’s when I noticed) BattName-fail and No-Battery earlier. And the simple tricks didn’t work.

mail in with supplier tonight, any tips also appreciated!

Hi, is it a Puredrive II, where did you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

would have thought you would no bother. EV charges at 7kwh with no issues.

• Advertisement

With the Solis you will definitely NOT get 10kwh in 2 hours since it derates itself to about 70a after 15 mins at 100a no matter the battery so at best you'd get around 7.5kwh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

@Murt2 Yep, came direct from installer who is a well know supplier on here from the north.

in fairness they came out the next morning (thankfully we’re nearby) checked everything, repositioned the units, checked cabling. In the end Puredrive confirmed an issue with recent batch. Installer changed Bat Name to LG Chem and got it back up and working (but it’s not perfect)

Puredrive releasing updated firmware this week which they will install (direct Ethernet connection required) I’d do it myself, however, to insure the warranty I’m just going to let them be on point for it. Pretty frustrating.

Let us know how it goes I've got unaffected puredrive batteries but I'd like to know how difficult it is to update the firmware and whether there is any other benefits to upgrading or should I just leave them alone as they are working (if it ain't broke then don't fix it I guess)

I’ll be interested to see how that goes .. My installer said the software update didn’t work as they were given it last week .. Maybe they are issuing another one.

Cheers, when you say direct ethernet connection, are we taking to the invertor or to the battery? Are they doing it remotely or do they have to be o site?

• Advertisement
Advertisement