Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Puredrive Battery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Murt2

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭runner2011

Installer is putting in a Dyness to see how that goes .

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭hick

Well don’t I now have to join the merry band now. Only took delivery of additional puredrive battery on Wednesday. As of yesterday (as that’s when I noticed) BattName-fail and No-Battery earlier. And the simple tricks didn’t work.

mail in with supplier tonight, any tips also appreciated!

Hi, is it a Puredrive II, where did you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

would have thought you would no bother. EV charges at 7kwh with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

With the Solis you will definitely NOT get 10kwh in 2 hours since it derates itself to about 70a after 15 mins at 100a no matter the battery so at best you'd get around 7.5kwh

@Murt2 Yep, came direct from installer who is a well know supplier on here from the north.

in fairness they came out the next morning (thankfully we’re nearby) checked everything, repositioned the units, checked cabling. In the end Puredrive confirmed an issue with recent batch. Installer changed Bat Name to LG Chem and got it back up and working (but it’s not perfect)

Puredrive releasing updated firmware this week which they will install (direct Ethernet connection required) I’d do it myself, however, to insure the warranty I’m just going to let them be on point for it. Pretty frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Midlakelands

Let us know how it goes I've got unaffected puredrive batteries but I'd like to know how difficult it is to update the firmware and whether there is any other benefits to upgrading or should I just leave them alone as they are working (if it ain't broke then don't fix it I guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭runner2011

I’ll be interested to see how that goes .. My installer said the software update didn’t work as they were given it last week .. Maybe they are issuing another one.

Cheers, when you say direct ethernet connection, are we taking to the invertor or to the battery? Are they doing it remotely or do they have to be o site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 stan916

Hi. Newbie here. Had a Solis/Puredrive II setup installed a couple of weeks ago and everything was great until Monday, when the batteries (x2 so 10kWh) stopped discharging below 80%. Since then they charge ok from solar but when the SOC drops to 80% we start drawing from the grid. Couple of screenshots attached, one of which shows that the batteries discharged to 10% the evening before but did not charge until the early hours of the following morning, when it looks like things started to go awry.

I'm thinking that the inverter has lost control of the batteries to some extent because they had been sitting at 10% for a few hours, so it may be worth power cycling them, but I don't know the correct way of doing that. Is it a simple case of switching off and on again on the switch on the battery, and if so is it important if it is master first or slave first?

Hi Folks

Still not sorted here. I’m waiting for the installer to come back and upgrade the firmware on the batteries. It requires a direct connection strange said it can’t be done remotely.

It wasn’t working at all initially but change to to an LG Chem setup, so there is some charge and discharge, but I’m certainly not getting a 10 kW range from the set up.

Pure drive have acknowledged there is an issue. Hopefully it gets sorted soon in particular, as a unit rate are due to go up!

If not, I’ll be looking to swap at pure drives as I don’t want to be messing around with these for the winter.

How do you know you're not getting the full range? Once there is communication at all, it's the batteries which tell the inverter what their capacity is, and how much charge is left in them, not the other way around.

Post edited by Murt2 on

Battery doesn’t discharge once the solar drops, it’s that simple. It’s an an acknowledged problem by purdrive. New firmware being installed on Friday which they are confident will solve the issue

You need to go into advanced settings, select no battery. Then switch off both Puredrive batteries, there's a button on the top of them. Turn them back on. Select LG Chem again. Go into voltage settings and set undervolt to 44V. At the bottom of advanced settings select battery wakeup. I have the same Puredrive Firmware issue you have, the battery is working perfectly.

You likely have another 'installer' who doesn't understand the equipment they're installing.

Thanks Murt I'll give it a go this evening and report

Let’s see what happens!

Ah battery discharging, great to see!

And stopped at 80% again last night🫠

🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭con747

Have you looked at what the Over discharge SOC is set to? Just on the off chance it's set to 80%.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The default over discharge is 80%, for some reason. I had to change mine in the Solis advance menu

That was the next thing I was going to ask. My experience with "installers," I wouldn't be surprised if it's set to 80%

Go into advanced settings and check it, if it's set @80% set it to the level you need. I have mine set @23% so enough left for a power cut. Just set the Force Charge a few % below the Over Discharge you set. It is warrantied to about 10% I think.

I've mine set to 10%. It's poor Hick here that's having all the issues. On a side note, has anybody ever updated a Puredrive batteries firmware before. After the debacle of my now former installers attempt at it, I've asked Puredrive to send me the update kit to do it myself.

Post edited by Murt2 on

went back over your instructions again @Murt2 . This time the battery had already stopped discharging at 80%. Did the reset and checked setting v @ 44.0 and over discharge is at 20%

at this point I just don’t know, very frustrating to have all this kit and it not working correctly.

going to see if puredrive will send me the firmware kit. I have a Gaa pitch to stand beside in the morning for 2 hours.

Sorry to hear that. Go into advanced settings, set the over discharge charge to 10% and set the over discharge charge rate to 100Amps. Check the slave address is set to 01. Also, is it possible one of your batteries is flat, likely the master one? If it's not charging and drops to 20%, it will stop the other one discharging as well. 80% seems very low at 20.30 on a two battery system. For context, I was at that at 80% at 20.30 with one battery. Do you only see one reading in the capacity read, or is there another? Sometimes it will say 80%, but every now and then there's one much lower?

BTW, are you in self use mode?

I’m not going to lie to you @Murt2 I’m 4 Guinness in, this will be checked tomorrow 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I see you have backup supply enabled, are you sure you don't have the battery in backup mode and set to 80% which will stop the discharge the battery at 80% as expected.

Check that in advanced settings under Backup mode, keep clicking through until you see the SOC % and make sure it's not set to 80%

• Advertisement

Could this be it!

it’s always set to self use mode, however in backup it was SOC 80%

so I have changed that to 20%.

( I’m assuming I could also just disable backup).

fingers crossed this does it! Will be checking at 21:00 and will update.

thank you everyone for the constant supply of tips!

Advertisement