Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone Pre-Order iPhone 14 Pro today ?

• 09-09-2022 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Managed to get the 16th Sept delivery. I see its gone out to 3-10th Oct now. Not even an hour gone and delivery times out already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Trying to order with 3 site seems fine but won’t leave me complete my order

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ordered at 13:04 and date slipped to the 19th.

14 Pro Deep Purple 256gb and 14 Pro Space Black 512gb and AirPods Pro 2nd gen. Hoping the date comes forward a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

14pro max/128GB/Black

ordered the minute the app/site was available and still got a delivery date of 27/09-04/10!! Bit disappointing, thought I would have got it closer to the 16/09

hopefully the dates change for the better closer to shipment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah, ordered at about 13:10 - 14 Pro 128GB black - and the delivery date is currently Sept 26th - Oct 3rd.

For me, the site didn't go live until about 5 past the hour and then it was very slow getting through the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Ordered at 13:03. 14pro max/128GB/silver. Ordered on the Apple store app as I had it saved so it went quick

Delivery on the 16th, ordered the leather Apple case too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I dunno what’s up with the three site I get to the confirm order page and the confirm button doesn’t work

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Ordered as soon as pre orders went live (which was a lil after 1pm) and have delivery for the 16th. Currently it’s down as preparing to ship so it looks like it’ll ship during the week. Went with a 14 Pro 256GB in Space Black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I could not get on. Was using the Apple store on iPhone. Kept refreshing. Finally got on at 1:10 ordered the 14pro /128GB/Black with Apple Pay. Still for the 16th. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Can’t decide on a pro max colour. Silver or purple I’m considering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Tried a few times yesterday to pre-order a 256GB Pro Max through Vodafone, but their website was erratic at best. Eventually got the order through, got my order number but never received a confirmation e-mail. Contacted Vodafone, they tell me the order is still open & not completed and that I need to order again. Money is gone from my account, and my Vodafone bill is now in credit to the amount of the handset. The website now says that the 128GB & 256GB Pro Max in black are unavailable online.

That's going to be a fun phone call on Monday 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I generally upgrade every 2 years and every year there is an issue with that piece of sh*t website they (Vodafone) have! Looks like I’ll be going for the 512GB version. Will be selling my 12 Pro Max 256GB graphite version.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Tried yesterday refreshing like mad, got on 13:04 ordered but dates already slipped to the 19th, preparing to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

special offer on case from Ampere - normally €49.95, you pay 0.95 + 9.95 shipping cost, limited supply for all 14 models

Biodegradable Case — iPhone 14 Pro Max – Ampere

I'm not due an upgrade until december or january, currently €599 on highest vodafone plan

Has anyone's money been taken by apple?

All I got was an Apple authorization on Revolut. Nothing else, brother-in-law is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I don't think they charge your card until its dispatched.

Yes mine was taken yesterday using Revolut

@JoeA3 Not sure that’s true, the last time I ordered on Revolut (2 years ago for 12Pro max) they took the moment within n 3hrs.

anyone else order from Revolut and not have the money taken?

They took my payment from Revolut after 15 mins

@martin_g I got a verification from Revolut that didn’t need me to do anything, I can see that it is also successful verified by the merchant (Apple) just surprised it hasn’t been taken!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

Ordered yesterday from Vodafone website. Got it delivered to work. Then I get an email from Vodafone today cancelling my order because it doesn't meet their online order criteria. Telling me to order instore. Now the version I wanted is sold out with them!

@BobbyT28 It may just be a case of waiting on stock, or I have seen a case where it shipped before they took the funds but that’s unusual, just really depends on Apple. Once you have ur order confirmation ur good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

For what it's worth I ordered using my BOI card Friday afternoon and the funds haven't been taken. Have the order confirmation email too.

Are the Apple store delivery estimates usually accurate? Mine delivery estimate is the second week of October, wondering if I can actually expect it to get it then.

Apples delivery estimates are usually bang on, may vary by a day or two, if they get more stock it may advance but doubtful that’ll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Same as that. Tried 3 times. Took my money twice but got an email this morning saying the same and will be refunded within 10 days. I had put in my work address. Did many on here successfully preorder with vodafone/hear anything else from them apart from confirmation email? Can't try again until they refund me as need the remaining balance to make sure any direct debits/standing orders go through in the meantime! I did ring a store and they had no knowledge of the iphone 14 and no instructions on how to preorder it.

I done the same thing. I tried getting it delivered to work. I was thinking that might have been the issue to prevent fraud.

I placed the order again (I ended up having to get a larger memory than I need) so I'd say I will know by tomorrow if they cancel again.

I just wish they would have called to sort out the issue rather than just cancelling

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Did you try home or work this time? Let me know how you get on, I'll just try and get it in store at some stage if it keeps doing the same thing. I think the error emails go out at 8am (not sure if it'll happen on a sunday) - I had accidentally ordered a 13 Pro on Wednesday and got the error email thursday morning 8am (luckily) then same thing this morning at 8.05am (saturday) after ordering the 14 Pro yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

On a different Vodafone debacle from above; re-ordered again this morning to a home address and it seems to have went through without difficulty. Confirmation e-mail received, was able to pre-order the model I wanted (256GB Black Pro Max which wasn't available yesterday) and paid with the balance on my bill (which was in credit from the original cancelled order)

To be fair, the Vodafone customer care people on Twitter were excellent to deal with. Which is great, because their website is bloody awful 😂

• Advertisement

I tried home this time. I don't feel too hopeful though, i tried a few times and when I got to the end was told that it is out of stock.

It was switching between in stock and out of stock on their website. I feel like it is going to be cancelled again because it is out of stock and I'm not willing to pay for the extra storage of the 500gb.

Advertisement