Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Pre-Order iPhone 14 Pro today ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Sure, everyone does but I will flag on Friday, I have 2 friends who walked into different stores and walked out with Pro 256GBs and there was still stock of Silvers and Golds at that point! One of which was about 5pm in Dundrum.

Apple clearly prioritized stores over the those who pre-ordered directly. It begs the question, why do pre-orders if it's going to be a shot in the dark. At least Samsung gives you some free crap like headphones or Disney plus for a year!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Sorry i wasn't online all weekend really, was super busy!

Yes it was delivered on Friday, almost wasn't tho, i got a text to say it was out for delivery and then an hour later i got another text saying there was an error on the address, Apple had put my home eircode on my work address and it caused the driver a bit of confusion.

Customer service girl at DHL was dead sound and rang the driver and re arranged the delivery back to my work address.

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Is anyone waiting on delivery of 14 pro max from SELECT this is the first time I ordered from them and I have had no indication as to when I will receive my order. They won’t respond to emails. They have turned off their live chat through their website and no one is answering their customer service phone. I’ll be going back to Harvy Norman next time for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

What's the deal with "Select" (or CompuB as it was known) now anyway? They seem to have changed their business model entirely. They used to have Apple-esque retail shops in the city centres, open 7 days a week, etc... but since the rename to "Select" they closed the city centre retail store (in Galway at least) and moved out to a remote location in a business park and only open 5 days a week now. It seems like they're not too interested in the end-user consumer retail and focusing on enterprise customers and/or repairs/service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Anyone having issues with their cameras on the pro and pro max? #cameragate 🤣. Seems to be only 3rd party app and also only some people are affected I’m still waiting for my pro max (27/09-04/10) hopefully I’ll get it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭DBK1

I just googled the camera problems after reading this and yes I’m having that issue. The only 3rd party app I use is Snapchat and I wouldn’t be a massive user of it anyway but the camera is very frustrating on it.

Impossible to get it to focus properly without pressing the screen a few times to get it to focus on a certain object. You can’t just open the app and take a quick picture like I used to with the iPhone X.

I also had the buzzing and vibrating a few times. I’m hoping either a phone update or an app update will solve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭DBK1

I’m using the 14 Pro since last Friday. I’m afraid to say there’s nothing spectacular about the battery life.

I don’t watch much YouTube or anything, the only social media I have (apart from boards!) is Snapchat which I wouldn’t be a massive user of anyway. I have no music on the phone, I don’t listen to podcasts, i’d say I didn’t take 20 pictures since I got the phone (I know, a Pro is wasted on me!!) and I find the battery no better than the 4.5 year old iPhone X I changed up from.

It’s disappointing to be honest. when the X was new i’d almost get 2 days from it. At 4 years old I was still getting the day with it. The 14 Pro lasts the day but would be down to between 10 and 20% by night time. I’d imagine if i was a social media user or listening to music, podcasts etc. I’d never get the full day from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The alway-on screen is a killer for my battery. Thinking of turning it off as it only turns off when in pocket or in sleep focus. For me I always got my phone on the table so it's always-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I would expect software fixes to clear up a lot of the concerns people are having with the phone already.

This video highlights some of the software issues that are out there from launch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It turns off after a period of inactivity too, it's a shame this period can't be user determined. Haven't observed any significant battery reduction due to the always on nature of the screen on my end so perhaps there's another app draining your battery?

my Expected delivery is 27/09-03/10 just got a notification that the phone has moved to preparing to ship, also money is taken. Hopefully I’ll have the phone before the weekend

Same here!

Anyone know if this means it is literally about to ship? The estimated delivery date still says Sept 26th - Oct 3rd.

I can't actually see myself using the AOD.

The fact that you can see the wallpaper, I just think it would be too bright at night on the bedside table!! I also see a few comparisons of the battery during a 24hr period with AOD on and AOD off on twitter and the difference is unreal, nearly 3hrs more OST with AOD off

I would prefer an android version of this. It's a pity you can't turn off the wallpaper or make it go black like android AOD.

Anyway, looking forward to the new 14pro max, suppose to be a nice little step up from the 12 prom max in terms of the screen (120hz) and cameras.

It is too bright at night so I enabled low power mode to keep it off until the morning. You can also do this by setting up a sleep schedule. Not ideal.

A toggle for it within control centre would be good.

Good to know, but as you said not ideal! I can see apple releasing some updates to add that functionality into the settings of AOD in the future.....hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Anyone hear of any place with stock for 256PM?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Mine just shipped, delivery 22/09.

Do DHL give you a scheduled time of when it will be delivered? Hope they will allow A neighbour to sign for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LBF21

My iPhone 14pro shutdown at about 37% before I had even charged it. Not a good start. Had to force restart it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,126 ✭✭✭pad199207

Went to see it in the flesh yesterday before I buy and I was extremely underwhelmed by the 14 Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No, DHL only give you the day, not the time within the day.

They will text you on the day of delivery and give you options if you're not going to be home. One of the options is to deliver to the nearest DHL Service Point, which in my case was the local An Post office. I am not sure if you can nominate a neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

So in your case they're about 5 days ahead of their delivery estimate. My expected delivery is 3-10 Oct, so hopefully that might mean it arriving sometime next week... (and I can stop refreshing the app multiple times a day for a few days)

Never ordered on day 1 and didn't get the phone on launch day before. Wonder what happened this year - supply chain, unexpected demand for the Pro?

Mine went into "preparing for dispatch" like @BobbyT28 did yesterday, but mine hasn't moved since. It still says delivery Sept 26th - Oct 3rd. And they did take the money from my account too.

My brother in law is in the same boat. We both got the money taken and went to preparing, mine then went to shipped and so did his but his hasn’t moved. I received my 14pro max today.

My setup was a bit odd, couldn’t transfer from old iPhone 12 Pro Max to new phone, kept getting kicked back to the start screen on set up. So I had to restore from iCloud. Nothing I did in terms of restarting the phone helped!

also having a strange issue with the camera, not the camera gate but something else, also happens when I focus. I’ll see if I can attach a video.

also I see I’m already on ios16 but see an update called iOS 16 which is recommend for all iPhone 14 users. So downloading that now to see if it fixes these issues

Having focus issues here too on the main camera when I’m up somewhat close to something and disable macro mode - instant blur.

Hoping next weeks software update fixes it.

Here is the video of what I am talking about!! Is this normal and has anyone else got this issue?

https://imgur.com/a/xWrdN4C

Mine has moved to “dispatched” now. So hopefully I’ll have it tomorrow or Friday at latest.

Yeah I do. Seems like the ultra wide lens is fine but the main camera is struggling with things up close

If you go to settings > camera macro control and switch to on you should get better control over that for now (the yellow flower icon will appear on the bottom left of the viewfinder)

• Advertisement

Fair play, turn macro control on then flick the yellow off has resolve that from what I can see. Didn’t know that!

Advertisement