Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone Pre-Order iPhone 14 Pro today ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Anyone elses Apple delivery with DHL still sitting in the Delivery Facility in Dublin? My case came from DHL last Friday and it was out for delivery by now

Update: Now it's out for delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Mine arrived this morning from Three. Purple Pro Max. Switching from Android so won't start doing that till this evening after work.

But as others have said, the camera bump is massive. Any recommendations on clear cases that will cover the bump when you put it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Just wanted to mention this is my worse pre-order experience I've seen and experience for tech gear. Been a Samsung head for years now and pretty much always got the device on launch day, most times a day or two before launch day.

After playing with a XR for a few weeks, I was like this is really nice so gonna move and try this out.

To have got an order through last Friday at 13.07 and to still be weeks away from getting my phone is shocking. Made even more so by the fact I've rang around a few places today and they have all some stock just of Pro/ProMax, just not the model and color I want :/

Then to be reading folks here got an order for today and it's sitting in a warehouse. Mental. Pretty shite first iPhone ordering experience for me. I wouldn't have expected Apple to be so bad at this game. I get lots of people are after it, but it's hardly a surprise to Apple. Still in 2 minds about cancelling tbh.

Post edited by Reati on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Where did you ring that has stock? Might chance my arm later.....

Poor form that you weren't sorted by Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

A few Harvey Normans I tried around opening time. They had a few pros and ProMax Silvers. I wanted a Black but they only have 512GB blacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Was just in I connect in Liffey valley, plenty of phones in stock to buy. No leather or silicon Apple cases though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Harvey Norman just emailed me to say my order has been shipped (after initially saying it will be delayed, as I ordered only on Tuesday this week or something like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Rang this morning to see what the story was with collecting my 128gb purple. Turns out there was an error on their admin side and they were all accounted for. I paid the difference and picjed up a 256gb Black they had in stock instead. No 128gb in stock, there were a couple of 256gb black and gold in HN Blanchardstown as of an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Had to pop to Liffey Valley at lunch time anyway so picked up a 128GB silver. So thank you!

They had silver and gold (128 and 256) and black 512GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

I rang Harvey Norman yet again and was told they didn't even receive stock at all and that they'll call me when they get stock. They just said they might have delivery later today or on Monday.

Yet clearly ppl here have already picked up theirs from Harvey Norman lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just a heads up with the pro, it doesn't really fit on the cheap ass Magsafe charger I had been using.

I can still get it to charge, but have to be much more careful with placement. That camera bump is huge....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

HN Swords said Blanch might have a few left but it’ll be a 3-4 week wait if you order now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Any sign of it being out for delivery today? I was sure they’d get it to you today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

I guess no chance of anywhere selling off cheaper iPhone 13s :-) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Elessar

Select online/compub completely f*cked up my order. Had called earlier to check the shipment and was told it would be sent Friday. 4.30pm comes and no movement. Rang them again and oh my order didn’t sync or some bullsh*t but they’ll get onto the web shop team and sort it out and come back to me straight away. I got nada. Now they’re closed for the weekend, my order didn’t ship, I’m completely in limbo, they ignored me and I’ll probably have to wait for the next batch which could be weeks away.

Stay away from this crowd of incompetent clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

My HN 14 pro max 256GB arrived this morning unexpectedly. Not bad for an order that went in a few days after preorders opened. Nice hefty feel to it!

Has anyone went from a previous pro max to the regular pro this time? Any regrets if so?

They are useless. I asked them questions and all they did was respond with a link to the site to place an order. Had no faith in them at all so i stayed well clear

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LBF21

Anyone know if any of the Vodafone stores have stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

can any of ye order through 3? I get to confirm at the end of the ordering process and the button doesn’t work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

Vodafone are only doing bill pay upgrade in shop, payg need to be online.

Yesterday I ordered payg online after store refused to sell in store, today order was cancelled and I was asked to go to store to buy, again store said online only!

Online asking to go to store, store saying buy online.

Thought they will have better customer service after all those years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Anyone hear of any stock in Dublin for a 256GB Pro Max? Can’t find it anywhere.

Was gonna skip this generation until I saw a display unit yesterday in Select 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Did anyone order the Apple Watch Ultra?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

I’ve ordered a Pro 14, 500gb. Counting on a decent camera, I take an enormous amount of pictures at times, do spreadsheets on the hoof, enjoy a bit of parody photoshop, etc. my 11 is just getting a bit choked up.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

Has anyone been told by Harvey Norman when they expect the next batch to arrive?

I have had a nightmare with Harvey nightmare. I initially ordered the pro max but they told me they would not have stock of it for 3 - 4 weeks so i decided i would settle for a regular pro. After i canceled my order and re ordered the regular pro. The pro max was in fact available. I decided to stick with the regular pro but then they tell me that , the regular pro is not due back in for another 3 - 4 weeks. I pointed out that it has been shown as available in other stores for days now and as of today it is shown as available still in castlebar. (i even contacted castlebar who confirmed)

My understanding was that when my order went in, if my local store did not have stock , it would be pulled from another store that has avilable stock but according to Harvey Norman thats not how it works ........ yet they followed that up by saying that if castlebar has stock (which they said they do), they will have it sent down for me. But now castlebar have done a uturn and said they don't have stock and that any store showing availability is a glitch and they are pre orders that are held for people but not collected yet. Apparently even Harvey Norman staff were unable to get their hands on the device because they were all sold out so quickly. If this was true, how have so many people here walked in to Harvey Norman and came out with a device?

Worst experience i have ever had pre ordering anything. Harvey Norman have been an abundance of miss information and constant contradiction. I am now told the next batch arrives in 3 - 4 weeks but i find it hard to believe a word they say so interested to know if anyone else here was given a date for when the next batch should arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Anyone received a 14 Pro Max from Three ? I upgraded on the 16th from a 13 Pro - but Three customer service who took my order have no clue about when they can full fill it. Am in no rush but just wondering if they are shipping out phones already. Thanks.

Incidentally all iPhones sold by Three are not locked to any network. Must have something to do with the ban last December on providers selling locked Bill pay phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

When my 14 Pro max comes from Three, will be selling my 13 Pro 128GB (Sierra blue, unlocked by default), which is as new condition. CEX are giving 615 euro for them but who knows what the price will be or what they will be worth on Adverts by time I get my 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

For anyone curious about stock in Dublin, checked around yesterday and got this:

iConnect Henry Street - had lots of 14s in stock but no Pros & Pro Max

Three Henry Street - Only received 2 on launch day and expecting a few to arrive on Tuesday

Arnotts - Only a few 14s and no Pros & Pro Max

Brown Thomas - No stock but taking names on a waitlist, people mainly looking for 258 & 512GB Pros and Pro Max

Tecca - Not expecting any more for another 3-4 weeks

Select Stephens Green - Had the gold 512GB but no more expected until Christmas

Select Swords - 14s in stock but no Pro/Pro Max until November

HN Swords - Prioritising preorders so won’t be in store for a while

DID apparently have stock in Blanch and Waterford on their website but their delivery times seem to contradict each other

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Apple have some serious supply chain issues at the moment.

I ordered a Macbook Pro on Tuesday and it still hasn't shipped which is really unusual for Apple.

Advertisement