Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

How much longer is the poll open for Adrian before we lock in the draft time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I guess its been open 2 weeks now so I'll close it at the end of today and lock in the draft date and time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Draft Date will be Wednesday September 7th @ 9pm, hopefully everyone can make it.

I got an A+ draft grade so I'm bound to be primed for relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I notice waivers were not processed last night. I thought they were always done on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

They should be done then for anybody looking to bring in somebody whose playing TNF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

You took a few guys I wanted right before they were coming to me.

That's always nice to hear. Had a few guys I was eyeing get taken before my pick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Trade query

this trade has not happened yet…. Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It says if any player involved played on Thursday that the trade won't be processed until Tuesday. So Tee Higgins....

Cheers 👍 roll on next week so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 TimeOutguy

So these trades pending league vote hinder players involved on Thursday nights. Right now I traded a TE for a RB playimg tonihht 2 days ago and I will be without as the trade is pending until tomorrow.

Pretty unsatisfactory end to the superbowl matchup this year.

Irish Colts had 2 Bengals on his team so pulled a zero for them and ended up losing 117 to 92.

I have to feel that there should be a better solution but unsure how to proceed.

1. Leave results as they are
    2. Apply the average score of the 2 players over the course of the season and apply to the superbowl matchup.
    3. Take the scores from the Bengals players from week 18 and apply them to week 17.
    4. Replay the entire matchup again in week 18

Any thoughts?

If we knew the projected scores you could just add them to the score.

I'm against a rerun in week 18, you don't know what's happening with any team. It's the reason leagues are finished before then.

Leave as is …..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

I don't think there's a satisfactory ending to this.

As the manager of the other team in the final, I'd feel hard done by losing on player averages. There's no guarantee Irish Colts make up that difference, given Burrow/Mixon were on the road vs the Bills.

In saying that, I'd be raging to lose in that fashion, not getting a chance to finish out in the SB.

Post edited by TaosHum on

OK, I'll leave it as it is. Well done on both players making the final.

Bump

Please vote for the draft time by 31st August.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

None of the times work for me with time difference so I'll abstain from voting and auto draft as usual.

• Advertisement

I voted

Draft is set for Tuesday September 5th at 9pm

We have a no-show for the premier league, if anyone wants this spot please drop me a PM.

EDIT: Spot has been taken

Post edited by adrian522 on

Only catching up today. Do I still have my spot in the Prem?

No, all full now. I'm not sure what is going on with division 4, I think prem-div 3 are all full up.

Post in the main thread if you are interested in joining division 4.

Site kicked me off twice, two auto picks. 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Couldnt log in through laptop so had to use phone and that kicked me off once and when i got back in i had 20 seconds left. Got an A+ draft with 11-3 record so looking forward to a 3-11 season

I didn't get the memo about running backs no longer being important, couldn't figure out what was going on in the first round.

Also got an A grade so assume it will be a season long battle against relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I know it was mentioned during the draft but it was a very speedy and very little use of the full time.

Got an A- grade so we will see how this goes. Haha.

• Advertisement

Any interest in a telegram group?

Advertisement