Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pastey

Hi Guys, we're trying to buy a house in the midlands. We were the first to put an offer in and the following week we were outbid and so came back with a really strong offer. Its been 3 weeks now with no higher offer. Really would have expected our offer to be accepted by now but starting to wonder to they really wan to sell or just seeing what they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

Ring up the agent and ask if there is a reason they are holding out, maybe theres more viewings lined up?

Maybe tell them you're putting a time limit on the offer ie lunchtime Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Forget about trying to get bill or receipts You can download the forms and fill them in and bring them to a commissioner of oaths who will sign and stamp them, Should only cost €20-€30 and you send them in to your local authority

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

thanks but what forms do I download and where do I download them from?

https://www.dublincity.ie/residential/finance/nppr These are for Dublin, but your local authority should have similar

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 3352Elephant

Hi. Just wondering if anyone knows how long the drawdown process takes with AIB once all documents are in order and funds have been requested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

We are about to find out! Will come back with an answer in a week or so.

it looks to me that NPPR is no longer a thing and the last year a person needed to make a declaration for liability was 2013.

I bought my house in 2014 and am Sale Agreed now, so looks like I don't need this certificate for NPPR? That form you sent me the link to only has the years 2011, 2012 and 2013 on it. I can check this out with my Solicitor, either way I have utility bills from 2014-2022 printed and ready.

NPPR charges and declaration lasts for 12 years, but hey, if you know better.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I applied to DCC for a certificate regarding payment of NPPR to show proof of same, it was done within a day, very easy process. I'm sure other councils have something similar? https://www.dublincity.ie/residential/finance/nppr

• Advertisement

You seem determined to make this hard for yourself. Myself and others have told you that you don't need receipts for this period.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Is it just me or are AIB SO slow getting back through the portal about documentation? I've had a constant back and forth with them for about 3 weeks now. It's taking 3 business days at least to reply to me most times. Seems absurd, I've noticed BOI is much quicker.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Barnaboy my solicitor requested certificate off me (currently selling)

Fair enough. Seems odd though. I am not the only one that didn't need to do it.

They can be slow, but to be honest I have found the app excellent. No need to drop in to branch for anything. I am usually the first to criticise both AIB and BOI but pretty much all dealings with AIB so far have been really good.

Why the need to be so flippant? I wouldn't be on this thread if I knew better. Its just that the link you sent a few days ago only covers returns up to 2013. There is probably another one I need to download somewhere as the years I need to return are 2014 to date. Thanks anyway for your help.

My Solicitor was on to me today about other stuff to do with sale and told me I utility bills or meter readings for my house since the time I purchased it. I can copy and post her letter if it helps! I need this like a hole in the head, I came here just to ask advice and if anyone else had done it recently. My Solicitor is going to draw up an Affidavit and send it to Meath County Council along with the bills as proof. I can tell her that a few posters on Boards said I don't need to any of that. I am just confused. I will follow it up with her.

Fair enough, you came asking for advice and we gave it based on our personal experiences. We are days away from closing (thankfully) so we have had to do this stuff as well. In our case there were no requests for bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭D n G

We had to get a Cert of Exemption for the NPPR when selling. All we had to do was download a Statutory Declaration Form from the South Dublin County Council website, fill it in and our solicitor signed the declaration. We emailed it in to them and got the Cert in a couple days. No bills needed.

thanks. Will try that tonight, the less my Solicitor has to do, apart from a signature, the less I will get billed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭TheRona

Picked up the keys to our house yesterday. I had resigned myself to never being able to buy, but a year ago we were given notice to move out of a house we had rented for 10 years, and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Once we got over the initial disappointment that our kids would no longer be able to live in the only home they've ever known, we put our heads down and did everything we could to put ourselves in a position to buy, and we managed to get there.

I could write a novel on all the different issues and delays that came up in the process. Even to the very last day, I had to push like mad to get it over the line, as there was talk of a further delay of 1-2 weeks due to a missing document from the vendors.

I don't even know how I feel, a combination of excitement and relief. I've been awake since 3am, head spinning with all the things we need to get sorted. Definitely looking forward to getting settled in the house, and of course the kids can't wait to be back living near their friends again. One thing I do know is that I won't be going through this again in a hurry!

Congratulations Rona! Hope you're fast asleep now. You are another poster who I really felt for. It was a rough ride for you. But things have a way of working out in the end. Enjoy your new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If you bought a secondhand house in 2014 then your solicitor should have obtained proof of discharge or non-applicability of NPPR from the vendor and would simply be passing this on to the new purchaser’s solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Thistley

Absolutely delighted for you!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you now and you all settle into your new home.

I am so looking forward to not renting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lokhart

Just needed a place where to vent. This is probably the 6th or 7th time in the last 2 years where we have to walk away from a property because we are getting outbid. There is only another bidder this time and he is raising 20k every time, pushing us quickly out of the limit we gave ourselves for this particular property, which is now 10% over asking. This is really depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Was in exact same boat 7 weeks ago. Got outbid (two other bidders) (at that stage had been 18 months of looking at that point. Bid on 6 separate houses ( 2/6 were cash buyers and had underbid on our offer ) and then 4 weeks ago have gone Sale Agreed. Just gotta keep plugging away.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Wondering if someone can help with this question as our solicitor is difficult... We're currently in the process of buying a new build house. We used HTB and some of our own additional funds to pay the 10% deposit at contract signing stage. Our mortgage is 85% so I'm wondering when we pay the additional 5% deposit - is it at drawdown stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Yes your solicitor will prepare a statement including their fees , stamp duty , balance etc. you will need to transfer funds a few days before closing

Not sure if it's different for new builds but we paid the balance of the 10% deposit to our solicitor just before the contract was signed, last week.They were then sent to the vendor.

We are getting the keys tomorrow (yippee !) So it is quite close to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

I am hoping someone can help me with a query - I accepted an offer on my property and am pre contract enquiries so hopefully all will be signed in the next 2 weeks or so. In relation to my utility bills, sky, broadband, when should I cancel these. I work from home so I need broadband at present. I just want to be organised. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement