Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dave Barry

It does in general but I live in Dublin so on the M50 regularly and when I’m in an exit lane and someone is doing 80 in the lane beside me, it very much doesn’t make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That's normal, the car won't overtake unless you give it the go ahead. It's a safety feature because the car doesn't know if the car in the other lane is going to pull in front of you

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Ordered my GTX in January and still don't have it, its in the country since last Thursday week but still not with the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Given the wear in the tyres, you should replace two at the same time. Otherwise, you have an imbalance across the two. If they were fairly new, I would only replace the one.

Problem seems to have resolved itself for the moment, after two deflations, the tyre has stayed inflated for the whole weekend. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

Got my car back this morning. Went in Monday last week, ready to collect yesterday late afternoon.

5 days for body shop work, 1 day for 2.4 update.

Update went fine, was told of some of the initial problems they had with the first updates were that that the brake had to be depressed at some point and if it wasn’t done the update failed. Also, the doors have to be open for another stage, so if someone accidentally closes them it can cause problems. Haven’t heard of this before , all done now regardless.

No OTA 3.0 flyer, the staff knew nothing about it.

Another small update when I drove off, and the handbook was also downloaded, so should be good to go for 3.x whenever that starts.

They checked the cable for me, told me it was fine (I was having intermittent problems with it). Have it plugged in at home now and working , but have a spare just in case.

Car was washed and cleaned when returned.

Taking it out for a long drive today, so hopefully won’t have any problems.

Had a loaner ID.3 business for the week. Definitely noticed the weight difference, nice car to drive and might be the replacement for the Leaf in a year or two. No charge for the loaner.

Loved the wireless charging in the ID.3, didn’t like the keyless entry , seemed to wake the car (not unlock) anytime I was within 10 feet of it, so thought the car was on the first few times it happened. The infotainment screen is angled more towards the driver than the ID.4 which caused a few problems with the front seat passenger, smaller screen size also noticeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭micks_address

did you find the id3 heavy? When i had one for a day last year i could feel the dead weight of it.. don't feel that with the id4.. the keyless entry is gas on the id4 alright.. it seems to notice each time i get close to the car and lights wave etc.. but it doesnt unlock..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The ID3 has the same power as the ID4 and is lighter so not sure what you mean by feeling the dead weight of the ID3 but not the ID4?

i don't know i just felt like the id3 felt a heavy car for its size/power compared to the id4.. i could really feel the weight of the battery pack under me.. it was my first drive in it so might have been a first impression as opposed to lasting one.. had it for few hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Comer1

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Long shot, but has anyone else had an issue where the rear door (drivers side) won't open from the outside?

I can open it from the inside when the child lock is off but I can't open it from the outside.

• Advertisement

On mine all the doors seem to lock from the outside after a few minutes... It's annoying as when people try to get in they can't..I use the button beside the mirror adjustment to unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

You can unlock back door by clicking unlock twice on the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Its very strange, all of the other doors open fine with a click of the key its just the door behind the driver that won't open from the outside.

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I've had my passenger side and drivers side front doors door latches and loom replaced on mine. Passenger side wasn't openable from the outside, and ultimately ended up self opening while driving. VW sped up the fix date on that once it became a safety issue. Drivers door always worked, but the latch was doing some weird clunking when I closed it so I got onto VW and they replaced the latch (and maybe the loom too).

Bring it into VW and get them to look at it, even ask to demonstrate it to a technician (that's what I did). They should simply schedule you in and fix it. Any replacement car should be free, but you'd have to transfer your insurance for the day.

If your insurance contains a PC12A clause (which most do) you usually get 7 days automatic transfer of cover without having to contact your insurance provider.

With Aviva, if you need the loaner for more than 7days you have to call them and do the temporary transfer with a max of 28 days per year.

talking about strange locking issues... last night back doors wouldnt open from the inside.. looks like i might have engaged childlocks.. i pressed the button to turn them off.. got out.. couldnt open the back door from the outside.. had to use the key fob to unlock and then it opened.. then got an error on the binnacle.. something about safelock system error...

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

When I got my passenger door done, I got a child lock warning. When I got my drivers door done the technician said the child log switch has issues, and he's replaced one or 2 already. He replaced mine while he was fixing the drivers door.

Used my We Connect card (payg) for the first time at ionity last night without any problems.

Do they bill once a month or how does it work?

Saw 130 kW on the ionity screen/ We connect app, arrived at 10% soc so was happy with that. Think the highest I’ve seen in the past was around 124kW.

Noticed that after 2.4 was installed the speed limit preview was reset, so the ACC started acting up around Kinnegad (as it always did). Turned it off again as always hated it.

Navigation now shows 22.7, not sure if that got updated at the same time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Do they bill once a month or how does it work?

Once a month for me anyway. But you can view the session and cost immediately on the app. The invoice/payment is monthly though, not sure if that's configurable or not.

• Advertisement

I've noticed that if I lock the doors from the inside, then get out, the rest of the doors don't always unlock properly

Pressing the unlock button inside or on the key fixes it

Got 126kW at Ionity Stafford today. Was awesome to see the car charging at full power despite the fact that I was in the process of a nervous breakdown because I was late for the ferry

Had a disaster today, found the rear passenger tyre was flat last night. This is when I'm in a hotel in Falmouth in the UK and I'm getting a ferry today (supposedly, more on that later)

Tried pumping it up but no joy. Found a screw in the tread so figured that was big enough the tyre wouldn't stay inflated

Rang VW breakdown, they said they'd talk to the UK service and call me back. Never rang back so several more calls over the next few hours looking for updates and eventually someone from AA UK rings and I arrange for a call out first thing in the morning

Kinda wish I'd stayed up to try and get them earlier. AA van turned up around 9am, found not one but two screws in the tyre. He put a temp plug on one and the other sealed itself, I guess that must be the puncture protection at work

Then off to the local tyre shop for a repair. They're not supposed to repair puncture protection tyres, but they did one anyway to get me to Holyhead

By the time I left Falmouth, I had exactly enough time to get to Holyhead with no traffic or anything going wrong

Both charging stops worked fine, I wrung Ionity for every kilowatt they could give at two stops

But alas, despite my best efforts, I missed the ferry by around 15 mins. And arrived with 7% so getting off the ferry would have been interesting 😏

Luckily I've booked into the night ferry, grabbed some juice in the Gridserve charger in Holyhead and now waiting in a Tesco car park hoping I don't get attacked

And to top it off I'll probably need to get a replacement tyre at some point soon 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Surely the hotel could have given you the number for a 24hr tyre guy?

There aren't any in that corner of England, it's basically AA or RAC

I will say next time I'm traveling to the UK I'm going to get some direct breakdown cover. Going through VW worked, barely, but I think if I'd gone direct I might have gotten someone out the night before

I would still have to get the tyre repaired during the day. But it probably would have saved enough time to get me to the ferry

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Fishdoodle

I will say next time I'm traveling to the UK I'm going to get some direct breakdown cover.

Many Irish insurers include breakdown cover for the UK - might be worth checking out, you may already have it.

I'm pretty sure I do, probably should have gone with them in retrospect. Although I suspect they all go to the AA, so it's debatable if they'd have turned up any quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I was in France at a 300kW charger 2 days ago rocked up with 9% SoC and it was 30deg outside and I had been driving for 2 hours at least and all I got was 75kW Max! There was a Tesla M3 on the other side of the unit when I got there but he left mid way through the charge but never got above 80kW...

It's a bit annoying I would love to see those high charge rates. I'm driving a GTX with 3.1. It wasn't an Ionity charger just Regional operation over there "smoove". Cost me €37 for the fill up as well. Maybe the unit was throttled

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Must have been the charger, I was getting consistently high speeds from Ionity, started at 34% and getting over 90kW first time

I remember one of the Ionity reps saying they work hard to make sure the chargers have the full power available and don't throttle if they can avoid it.

It certainly costs extra but seems to be worth it when you need it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

On punctures, anyone seen a can of the self sealing liquid to buy to put in the tyre? I've had to remove a screw on one of mine, and the tyre sealed itself. A can would still come in handy though in case it didn't reseal.

Advertisement