Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022/2023 €50 H2H draft league

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm happy enough with my team, I went top heavy on purpose with a couple of punts in there (Eriksen and the new Leeds lad) which could go either way. I'm expecting a big season from Sancho.

‘Scorpion Sting’ and ‘Trimms drafts’ the 2 that stood out to me.

And ‘Dearg’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Here's my effort. A well balanced team but I think I might be bottom half going into transfer deadline time.

No Liverpool players may prove costly for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Xander10

My first pick came at me very quick and I don't even know if I picked the first player on my list from available players!

Ah well, it's a bit of fun doing the picks. I lost out on two picks to the player immediately before me.

My aim is to improve on last seasons 8 of 8. Well, the only way is up.

You think so?! I mean mine is very well balanced but I'm not sure if that's a good thing in Draft as I have very few standout players.

I'm lacking Liverpool assets which could be detrimental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've finished 1st followed by 2nd, followed by 3rd, so 4th feels like the natural progression here.

Once I'd missed out on Trent, Robbo, Cancelo and Perisic, I intentionally spurned defenders in the draft. Reckon it will be the easiest to do business with in the waiver wire this year and revamp what looks like the ugly part of my team at the moment.

I'm pretty happy with my front 8 of Salah, Bowen, Kulu, Coutinho, Trossard, Vardy, Toney, Richarlison.

Yea Klopp is the bookies favourite I think. Hopefully Eriksen can steal Fernandes spot in the United team to sabotage you.

Yeah. My intention was to ignore defenders as they are easier to pick up in the waiver but I couldn’t follow my plan.

This is the first time I’ve managed to get a Liverpool player (Diaz) in the draft so happy with that.

I just missed out on VVD and Darwin too. It’s horrible when you have your finger hovering and the player you were about to click on disappears on the pick before you.

• Advertisement

Did my other 8 person draft tonight and got this team, feel like I got a bit more value out of my team than this one

Looks a very strong team, CSF. Practice makes perfect!

Narrowly lost my first match to Xander. Schar doing the business for you.

I've made an offer to you @CSF by the way.

Interesting one where the 4 top points scorers were all against the 4 bottom points scorers so the league table still currently reads like a points league.

I’m up against league leader klopparama next so that’s not that likely to continue.

You’re going down

I’m all out and have a 59-point lead over patmac so should be good for my first win of the season.

Rodrigo the unlikely hero for me.

• Advertisement

Impressive tally for the week. You would have beaten a combination score of a good few teams x 2.

Post edited by Xander10 on

Yeah it took me by surprise alright.

I’ve got to do a bit of wheeling and dealing this week though as I’ve a few players not up to scratch.

A big Monday night shoot out between Patmac & Klopp. Only 1 point separating them.

Klopp looking to remain the only 100% pointer. A Patmac win leaves it nicely bunched.

I am beaten this week with no one playing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Scrapped through, Rashford the saviour of all people.

Managed to grab a 51-50 win over CSF.

Luckiest H2H win I’ve ever had I’d say as CSF had Salah and he blanked in a 9-0 win whilst playing the full 90 which is outrageous.

I’m top of the league now.

• Advertisement

a 3pt defeat with only 9 players.

I've been patiently holding on to Jota & Fofana to start.

Bamford was given a 75% chance of playing.

and out of the blue the unflagged Zinchenko and Bruno Guimeraes were no shows.

A tough one to take, not helped by Son being totally out of form.

At least the league looks a bit more bunched early doors this season.

I need 18 points out of Sancho, Eriksen and Dalot to beat the leader Scorpion. It should be a close one now with the Sancho goal. If l lose I'll probably draft Antony and have way too many united players.

You’ve got it as things stand with the way the bonuses are going.

Yea I'm on for 16 + 4 bonus. It's all down to Leicester scoring now.

You got the win fair play, a much-needed one for you as well.

Been offered a trade in my other league. Offering me Trent, Diaz and Toney for me to give up Digne, Rashford and Haaland.

I know Haaland has had an amazing start but that’s still quite tempting?

Halaand gets a lot of injuries which you need to consider. That's a tough one.

What’s the scoring system in that league - H2H or traditional ?

I think I’d rather have Trent, Diaz and Toney.

edit - he may be hoping that Villa get a new defensive type manager and that Rashford remains United’s No.9

• Advertisement

I signed the wrong Anthony :-) I didn't even cop it when I saw the jersey, only when I looked at the home screen waivers section.

Had Almiron but got rid of him this gameweek. 🙃

My partner ran into the room and genuinely thought I’d got a text to say someone had died when she seen me on my phone after hearing the howl I let out.

I’ve spent the rest of the weekend just walking around and throwing out a loud ‘fuuuuuccck’ every time I think about it.

I really much prefer this format of FPL but my god it’ll take a while to get over this.

I think @Xander10 has just found his Toti replacement.

So nobody is going to rip the piss because I accidentally got rid of Trippier instead of Target ?

You got the win over me this gameweek so it didn’t do you any harm yet.

I didn’t realise. I’d assumed I was goosed. A one man show in Zouma.

Still, I was enjoying owning Trippier and can’t believe how stupid/distracted I was when I did that transfer.

Thanks for selling him, I can't believe my shite team is catching up with you now.

Nice close league this season.

So far.

Yea i think it's temporary for me anyway. I've been incredibly lucky with some of my wins. It's tougher this season to find midfield gems in the free agent list. That extra player in the league is noticeable, bring back Average!

• Advertisement

No way.

I **** hated those defeats to average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

This is going ridiculously well for me, no superstars except Saka but a solid all round team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I went all out to beat ya last week and you still did me with bloody Eric Dier and 7 others.

Think you have it wrapped up now - someone from the pack would have to win virtually every single gameweek to have a chance.

That win doesnt push me into too competitive a position, but it was over if I’d lost that so I’ll take my small percentage chance for as long as it lasts (think that’s 10 wins from last 12 so I’m probably the form team but had probably left myself too much to do)

Aye, it’s looking rather forlorn but that won’t stop me trying.

I’ve no idea if any managers have zoned out yet, or not, but that’ll be a factor too.

Yeah, the more people remain engaged, the more there will be a wider spread of wins which would help that 1 person who potentially doesn't spread their wins around.

• Advertisement

I'm still trying but I think I've done well to stay in touch.

I’m also engaged, but useles!

Well the leader has the most overall points too so deserves to be where he is.

Scorpion Sting the unluckiest manager re overall points total and actual league position.

Dearg81 the luckiest manager.

I know ‘luck’ isn’t the fairest/best term but struggling to find a different one,

I’m in another head to head where I have 73 points more than the highest classic score but I’m in 7th out of 8 players in H2H league.

Im almost 300 points ahead of guy in 8th.. I’m prepared to call that bad luck!

Luck is the right term. My team is a bit shite this year, I've done a few good transfers, that's about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement