Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Congrats Mud Dogs, hard luck Dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Are we going again this year folks?

Absolutely, best, most competitive league I've ever been in. I hope everybody's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yep. I’m back in. Might be my longest running league too

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Definitely. I'm in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 TimeOutguy

Defo in again. Thanks chaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Thanks guys. Sorry for late reactivation - bit distracted by other stuff.

Anyway, league is now reactivated. Some have already posted here, if you haven't, please post here to confirm you want to continue this year. Last year we had a full 12 playing again, with no drop outs, which says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

In again, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

In again.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Definitely back again!

• Advertisement

I noticed from another league that Masked Man hasn't logged onto the site since April so we might need a new member. I've sent him a pm as regards another league, that was a couple of days ago. Hopefully he logs on soon. I'd hate if we lost anybody from this league.

Maybe whoever runs the league could send him an email?

Yeah, I have emailed him and PM-ed him, and really cannot wait any longer. He hasn't got in touch, and I have someone to replace him who PM-ed me about a place. Unfortunately I am going to have to replace him.

Poll now up for draft time.

It is set up so you can manually enter a time that you are free. Please keep it to within the next week and a half - last day Sunday the 4th.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/egLLnKra

Draft now set

This Wednesday, the 31st at 9pm. The choice of 8 out of 9 respondents.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TimeOutguy

Chaps my apologies for missing the draftand sticking you with an auto. End up getting stuck in a meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

👍️

Yeah, same here, got stuck late at work too. Apologies lads.

I don’t mind auto. Always works out quicker after the first round. We all have to miss a draft at some stage

I'm 0-5! NEARLY won my first game this week. To think I was really happy with my draft at the time!

I’m 1-4 but was under 90 points for the second week this week. Awful

• Advertisement

I won a game!! 1-9. Playoffs here I come

I was checking up on your team because I played you when you were 0-3 and you were unlucky to meet me when you did. You had a big score that week but I had over 180 points.

It's hard to believe that you went to 0-9 with that team.

Part of me is kind of disappointed I didn't lose every game since I was actually trying to win games!

Some record setting this week, potentially.

I (pick sixes) am playing Spongey, he is leading 174 - 153, and I have Chris Godwin to come. I was leading by 120 points at one stage!

We are in line to have the highest combined points scored in a matchup in the history of this league.

Meanwhile, Chameleon is threatening to post the lowest score ever scored in one matchup....

Interesting week :-) (Still totally sickened to be possibly losing this game while scoring 160+ points)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I had checked the scores about half time in evening games and i was getting my ass kicked. Gave up, then got a notification next day saying i was leading. Stunned. Much needed win to keep me on track for playoffs

It says something about this league that with 2 weeks left and only 4 play off spots, there’s 9 teams still in contention. Miracles needed for some but still so much parity (as there is every year)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I got a mail from ESPN saying congrats on winning championship. But I thought they were going to wait until the NFL resolves whatever is happening based on their previous update.

I was predicted to win with a 70 odd % chance. I think it could have been much closer. I was up by around 35 points with Allen left to play. While Spongeys bears had Burrow, Knox and Bass left to play.

I think it could have come down to the wire depending on how the game went, granted Burrow and Knox would have needed big games and Allen kept it below 20. But looked like it could have potentially been a shootout. Anyways I'm happy to proceed whatever way makes the most sense and provide the fairest outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I know its not an ideal way to end the final but you were well ahead. i had it worked out that i needed a dawson knox td, another 10 kicking points from Bass and Burrow to outscore Allen by 10. Not impossible but unlikely.

This will play havoc in lots of leagues that had matchups closer than ours and with money at stake. NFL unlikely to play the game this week which is whats needed for fantasy purposes

Congrats on the win, Glad to be back in playoffs after a few years of struggling

It was looking very likely that you'd win it. Congrats on winning the toughest league I know of.

• Advertisement

Enjoy your tainted championship!

Tainted because I failed to win, yet again

Advertisement