Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Yeah, congrats, you were probably the best team all year, so there is some justice in that.

It was a very strange ending to the season, and something that will probably never happen again. Spongey had a real chance if that game had been finished, though you were still favourite. I was trying to think of a way of resolving it fairly with that one game unplayed, but I don't really see it, so we'll have to go with that kind of truncated result.

Thanks all for another great season. Looking forward to next year....

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Assume we're all good to go again this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yep. Back in

• Registered Users Posts: 37,326 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Back in for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Back in too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

Evening folks,

If you're short a team can you give me a shout

This league is going again, for the 100th season, or something. Please post here to confirm you want to continue, thanks to those who have already done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

In again. Brilliant league.

Just a reminder, please post here or reply to the email sent if you want to play again this year. We have only half the participants comfirmed so far.

If you post here, please put team name also. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Scoobydooo

• Advertisement

My team is Foxboro Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Still Finding Geno

Inchicore Warriors is in

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Back in, bergenfield Bears. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Golden Tate Warriors, In

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭darklighter

Pack it all In back again

Thanks to all for confirming - once again we have a full group returning again, all 12 have confirmed from last year.

I'll set up the draft poll in the next week.

Poll now up for draft time.

Please select 5 times that suit within the next week. Please limit the times to after 7pm as that is usually what suits people. I will leave this open for 4 days.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/er94o3Ed

I'm only seeing two dates and four options. It's okay for me though, I picked the two most suitable times on 4th September.

Apologies, Doodle has changed a little and I set it up wrong. I have fixed it to include more days.

By the way, it has now assumed that all the times I gave as options are also the times I chose, for some reason - this is not the case, and I cannot change my picks without paying for the pro option. Anyway, I will adjust it as we decide on times.

• Advertisement

Last 24 hours if anyone wants to reply to draft poll. Monday at 9pm is leading at the moment, looks like it will be at that time.

Draft now set for Monday at 9pm.

How did the draft go, guys?

Apparently Awkward Customer won the draft again, this is the third year in a row! It hasn't always resulted in production during the year though :-)

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league?leagueId=778149

I finished 11th. It must have been my two 'reaches' for Anthony Richardson and Ezekiel Elliott that did me. 😁

There are few things more meaningless in FF than a team's draft ranking :-)

Lads, anyone know what happened the owner of Pick Sixes? He didn’t set a line up against me this week and by the look of it hasn’t changed since week 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Thats Lorcans team, he passed away a month ago.

Ah ****! I’d no idea

Really sorry to hear this. I hope the above didn’t sound insensitive now. I just had no clue at all

Condolences to any of his friends here. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Here's the original post made by Kamara Chameleon on the ESPN Boards League message post on October 7.

"I have some very sad news for all. After a short illness, Lorcan passed away yesterday. His funeral details are here - https://rip.ie/death-notice/lorcan-mcnamee-sligo-sligo-town-532024 - for anyone who might like to leave a note or happen to be in the Sligo area.

This was his league and it brought him much joy, and frustration, over the past years. He'll be very much missed."

Seemed like a lovely man, so well thought of by his family and friends. He will be missed. May he rest in peace. 🙏

Advertisement