Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PPR League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Chonaic17

Ah **** that was definitely me who didn't reply to the poll - for some reason I stopped getting notifications for this thread.

In any case, I'm living in America now so I assume most times would have been awkward for me. Possibility I'll have to autodraft the opening round or two because I'll be at work, but I can live with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Chonaic17 wrote: »
    Ah **** that was definitely me who didn't reply to the poll - for some reason I stopped getting notifications for this thread.

In any case, I'm living in America now so I assume most times would have been awkward for me. Possibility I'll have to autodraft the opening round or two because I'll be at work, but I can live with it

I also sent an email to the whole league - if you're not getting emails maybe let me know, some people have changed email addresses or are not checking old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TimeOutguy

fisgon wrote: »
    Draft now set for Thursday the 29th at 10pm.

Sweet perfect time for me being 5 hours behind. Will stick around in work and make it look like Im staying longer Win Win situation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Can't see the league on nfl.com, nor did an invite come through to my email not sure what the issue is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Can't see the league on nfl.com, nor did an invite come through to my email not sure what the issue is :(
    Well it's on ESPN so you aren't going to see it on NFL.com. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well it's on ESPN so you aren't going to see it on NFL.com. :D

Haha that's it sorted, cheers EE. Maybe a sign I'm in too many leagues this year! :p

You shouldn't need an invite either. Message me if you have any trouble getting in - I have sent a few emails to the league, not sure everyone is getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

How did everyone draft? Happy with what you got?

In Exile wrote: »
    How did everyone draft? Happy with what you got?

I made a conscious effort to try to draft guys I don't usually own, just to mix it up a little. As it came out I am reasonably happy, but who knows really?

Just want to try and avoid my usual one-place-outside-the-playoffs finish this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Just noticed the waiver wire order is set to "Reset Each Week to Inverse Order of Standings".

It may have been that last year too and I didn't notice. Nearly all leagues I've played in long term switched from that as you basically can't get anyone worth while off the waivers if you're in the top 6.

• Advertisement

Just noticed the waiver wire order is set to "Reset Each Week to Inverse Order of Standings".

It may have been that last year too and I didn't notice. Nearly all leagues I've played in long term switched from that as you basically can't get anyone worth while off the waivers if you're in the top 6.
    To the best of my knowledge it's always been that way and in my opinion it should stay that way just like the actual NFL.

To the best of my knowledge it's always been that way and in my opinion it should stay that way just like the actual NFL.

Yeah, think it has always been like this. Makes it very interesting. Have to go dumpster diving, or keep an eye on players being released by other teams on the Thursday and try grab them in the 2nd waiver period.

It's always been like that, afaik.

To be honest, I would be happy to change it - I suggested it a while back but there wasn't much support. My preference would be for Free Agent Bidding, where everyone is given a budget at the beginning of the year and bids on FAs as they come up. More fun that way, and fairer.

fisgon wrote:
    To be honest, I would be happy to change it - I suggested it a while back but there wasn't much support. My preference would be for Free Agent Bidding, where everyone is given a budget at the beginning of the year and bids on FAs as they come up. More fun that way, and fairer.
    I disagree. This is a really good league,very tough every season. All good players in it. If one of them gets a bit if misfortune and lises two too players to IR they are going to struggle big time in this league. If their team.is failing miserably and they end up bottom them a few firsts on the waiver wire will help them still have a shot.
    In a league where you have a few bad players then having auction money or a waiver wire that doesn't roll over is fair.

Huge scores in the league this week - 172, 169, 165, 153, 150 - never seen seen them as high.

Spare a thought for Finding Geno who scored 169.6 points and still lost....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Some insane scoring alright. I was 4th highest in week one and lost but nowhere near 170!

Huge scores in the league this week - 172, 169, 165, 153, 150 - never seen seen them as high.

Spare a thought for Finding Geno who scored 169.6 points and still lost....:(

Worst part is I traded away Evans. Had I kept him (I desperately needed RB depth), I would have broken the 200 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

NFL teams don't need to get players every week though. My lowest waiver position has been 9 at the beginning of a week. I haven't been able to get 1 player. Even players released to waivers on Wednesday. There is always someone ahead of me. I've only been able to grab free agents. I've now lost 3 in a row but I still end up with a crap waiver position every week. So it is pointless even submitting a request because I have zero chance of it.

None of the boards leagues reset waivers every week. None of the paid leagues from any of the big platforms in the US reset waivers. I play in about 10 leagues, all US based and the idea of resetting every week would not even be entertained. FAAB is becoming more popular and even that approach does not reset each week. 100 dollars to start with and you can blow all your budget if you want to in the 1st week. Or try use just enough to pip others. The current set up with resetting each week based on position would be like giving bottom placed teams higher FAAB dollars than those in higher positions and resetting every week.

I’m fairly sure we voted on it when it was set up and the reset was the preferred option

Doesn’t bother me at all (and isn’t unique to this league amongst the ones I play in)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

The whole purpose of the reset each week when it was set up was to keep it different to other boards league. Resetting is fair and to give out because you cant get the players you want is a bit weak. Its not fair that a person with a worse record than you gets access to a better player available on waivers?

I wanted to have a look to see who you got but the only players who have lost the last 3 weeks in a row is myself and eagle eye.

• Advertisement

The PPR league is a top class league. We are very lucky to have a full group of excellent players who remain active.
    If a guy falls behind in this league it's normally because he loses his best players to injury early on. I like that he gets the chance to get back into it by being top of the waiver wire.

I kind of like it as it is. I've been bottom half of the waiver wire most weeks but I've picked up Darren Waller, DeVante Parker, Mohammed Sanu and Sam Darnold.

I got Sanu after he was traded to the Pat's and I think I was between 12-14th in the pecking order.

When I couldn't find anything to pick up, I like to start trading!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TimeOutguy

This was the roughest season I have had in this league. My team couldn't get out of its own way all season long

TimeOutguy wrote:
    This was the roughest season I have had in this league. My team couldn't get out of its own way all season long
    You and me both.

2 of the play off spots are known. Last 2 spots down to 3 teams on the same 8-5 record. Will be a tough one

I’ve got a bit lucky recently with my lowest two scores of the year bringing wins. I think a win should be enough for me this week but it’ll be very close. As this league usually is

Dodge wrote: »
    2 of the play off spots are known. Last 2 spots down to 3 teams on the same 8-5 record. Will be a tough one

I’ve got a bit lucky recently with my lowest two scores of the year bringing wins. I think a win should be enough for me this week but it’ll be very close. As this league usually is

Think I could be the unlucky one to miss out. Final two games against the top two teams. Hopefully one of the other two 8-5s slip up!

None of the boards leagues reset waivers every week. None of the paid leagues from any of the big platforms in the US reset waivers. I play in about 10 leagues, all US based and the idea of resetting every week would not even be entertained. FAAB is becoming more popular and even that approach does not reset each week. 100 dollars to start with and you can blow all your budget if you want to in the 1st week. Or try use just enough to pip others. The current set up with resetting each week based on position would be like giving bottom placed teams higher FAAB dollars than those in higher positions and resetting every week.

I agree with this - to me FAB is much better - but I think it is clear we are in the minority.

Dodge wrote: »

The question is, can anyone beat Warriors - who has both Lamarr and CMc?

The question is, can anyone beat Warriors - who has both Lamarr and CMc?

I actually think it could be the final that could be his toughest game. Carolina @ Indy, Baltimore@ Cleveland and TB (his two Wrs @ Houston)

• Advertisement

I agree with this - to me FAB is much better - but I think it is clear we are in the minority.

Should we put it to a vote? I'd be very interested in trying it for a season

Advertisement