Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NOS 17" CRTs For Sale

• 04-07-2022 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

ITEM: NOS CRT 17"

POST\COLLECTION: Delivery(Maybe)/Collection

PRICE: €60

PAYMENT METHODS: Cash/Paypal/Bank Transfer

Hi Folks, I bought a bulk load of brand new CRTs recently for a bit of a steal so am selling off some cheap as I don't need 80+ CRTs! Happy to offer them here to the community for roughly cost price if people are interested. Costing Me 12 for tubes, 19 for chassis, then about 16ish for shipping to here and 8ish for a few bits bits needed for them like the connectors, leaving myself about 3 or 4 euro as usually something unexpected comes up like missing parts or oversized pallet fees or faulty stock when buying something like this being realistic, might even be leaving myself a bit short but hopefully not. So I'm going to say €60 all in. They'd fit nicely in any 19" cabs if you adjusted the mount or some mounts will take them as is, or maybe PVMs or other uses, these are likely some of the last of the NOS CRTs produced by the sounds of it from the Intervideo Bankruptcy so this might be your last chance at getting your hands on these and could be the last bulk shipment of these coming into Ireland, hence why I grabbed them.

Sale price is cost price for me which I'm going to say will be €60, I don't need anywhere near 84 of them! Price might vary if for some reason I get hit with something massively unexpected but probably not. Would be happy to see 30 or 40 or more of them go to the community here and I know a few people here have asked me for them over the past few years, if not enough interest I'll probably try flog them elsewhere. I can maybe post them but would rather not, maybe a group collection might be possible for those in Dublin or something? Might consider a trade too for parts or cabs if someone wants a few of these.

Some specs, Curved CRTs, 220v in (so Irish voltage should be fine), 15khz as far as I know, comes with remote board and pretty much everything needed, think the connector kit includes power and video signal connectors.

I don't need a definitive yes yet, but if you're interested just let me know how many you'll take. Payment will be needed when they arrive so probably sometime in August but will try to work with people.

List of potential takers:

Colonel Panic 1x (mentioned on different thread)

Inviere 2x

Optimus Prime 2x

Jack Burton 5x

CathalDublin 1x

Post edited by Optimus Prime on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Fair play for grabbing these Dav, as you say, kinda hard to say no to such limitied/finite things like CRT's these days. What would be involved in adapting these for home console use, as opposed to sitting in a cabinet? Obviously they'd need to be cased, but are they fed mains voltage then? What about video signals like RGB etc?

OK put me down for x2 of these, provisionally. They'd make a great project, ie building a case for them and using them for console gaming. I need to research how to do that, but they're NOS, so definitely worth the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭dav09

Yeah exactly my though, can't see them coming up again really so said it would be worth it, and if enough people don't take them here I'm sure some operators will. That would Definitely be a great project. I reckon it would cost very little too.

So they are 220v in, so you should be able to just solder a connector or wire on (although I think the connector/wire is included so might just need a plug put on the end). Other than that according to a manual I can find they're 15khz. If that doesn't suit a GBS 8100/8200 (Depends if you want to upscale or downscale) will work so that you could connect VGA, Svideo, hdmi (if it has those inputs)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hi , I’d also be interested in two of them! Thanks a lot !

Ideally I'd be looking to feed an RGB signal to them, and being arcade monitors, I'm ASSUMING they handle that natively?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I’d say video levels from consoles would be a bit low natively. Nothing that can’t be amplified though!

Yeah they are typical arcade monitors so RGB input! Might get away with it with new monitors but if not an amplifier or upscaler/downscaled mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I’ll take 1 please

Perfect, so 11 provisionally gone so far but definitely a lot more available. As I said I can probably flog to a few people I know elsewhere after if I have too many leftover but trying to get as many of these as possible sold here, so any buddies who wants one let me know. If anyone is looking to restore a few cabs over the next few years or build some replicas it might be a good idea to stockpile a few, at that price I can't see them being too difficult to sell on down the line but I do understand some people would be interested in 19" vs 17" with the few cms in the difference.

Post edited by dav09 on

I've used 17" Chassis on 19" tubes in the past without issue, not sure what chassis they are but that might also be an option for some

• Advertisement

That might be an option too. I would say most 17" chassis should work on 19" tubes, the chassis are the VP Intervideo ones as far as I can see. I can order extra chassis if people want them potentially in with this lot but might have to know soon. The supplier also has some flat tubes and chassis for 17" CRTs.

Can't update the main thread but here's an updated list of takers so far:

List of potential takers:

Colonel Panic 1x (mentioned on different thread)

Inviere 2x

Optimus Prime 2x

Jack Burton 5x

CathalDublin 1x

Mozie 3x

Post edited by dav09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Do any of the chassis come with 10-pin neck boards? The chassis in the photo above is 8-pin, and any 20" or 21" tubes I've found in TVs have been 10-pin.

I swapped the neck board recently when I’d an 8pin chassis and 10pin tube and worked a charm. There use to be a guy on klov from Australia that sold an adapter as far as I remember too

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Offline for a bit and somehow missed this. I'll take one also if you're still putting the list together. Well done for managing to locate this and offering them here.

Thanks

I'm not sure, I know the supplier has other chassis but I think they're the AliExpress classics, they have sizes for 19"+ and I think a higher 25" too, are those more suitable? I believe they are still being made and can be bought new from China

And no problem! I'll add you to the list. Still should have plenty available, due to ship this week. So will be arriving in the next 2/3 weeks I reckon.

Post edited by dav09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I'd have no problem swapping the neck cards if an Intervideo 10-pin neck card was available. I know it can be done with the 20" WG K7000 by taking the neck card from a 25" model, and something similar can probably be done with Hantarex monitors.

Just thinking of what to do with these given they're bare tubes/chassis', they'd make class little bartop displays. X1 hori and X1 tate

The only problem is, all the bartop kits I see only accommodate wide-screen lcd's....i wouldn't even attempt to make one myself as I can't measure and cut accurately to save my life, so does anyone know a where or anyone who could cut some panels etc based on a spec?

That would be very cool, a few of them would look really sweet. The detail/finish side would lack with me lol, could easily be done with a jigsaw or maybe circular saw probably. Also drawing it up in cad, exporting it to VCarve pro or similar and giving it to a CNC manufacturer might be an idea, I can give you a contact in Dublin if you want who did my Star Wars Cockpit.

Hi folks, just an update on this. This shipped today. So it will be arriving in the next 1-2 weeks. I would reckon roughly around August 10th. Also was able to shift more of these to another operator so if anyone wants some/more let me know soon as I'm not sure how many spares I have left as will be using a decent amount myself on restoring my own cabs as have some to shift. I probably still have plenty but I'm not sure for how long.

I also asked about other tubes, chassis, etc. He sent some samples but what will arrive I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I’m still good for two anyways. Thanks a lot

• Advertisement

Perfect great, I might be willing to drop them up to Dublin too if people want as I know there's a good few up around there and can bring them into anyone else along route i.e. like Mozie if they want. Might be best to drop them all someone's place in Dublin and they can be collected from there if people want.

Post edited by dav09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

I'm still in for one if available. Based in Galway and happy to send payment before collecting or arranging getting it too...

Thanks again for this- great to get these to folks who will use them.

Perfect thanks here's the latest list, in terms of payment if people don't have the money and are a long term poster here then it's okay if you pay after when you have it, there's no major panic. I still have a good few I can sell if anyone else wants some more. Let me know if I missed anyone on the list.

Colonel Panic 1x

Inviere 2x

Optimus Prime 2x

Jack Burton 5x

CathalDublin 1x

Mozie 3x

fmul9798 x 1

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Hi Dav, if you have any left I'll take 2x off you please. I'm in Dublin if there is an easy way to collect etc.

I wonder would these fit in an arcade 1 up?

Yep I'll mark you in for 2, will be doing a drop-off in Dublin so will figure something out thanks.

Hi Folks, so the monitors have finally landed, spent the day unloading/ re-loading the pallet into storage. They worked out a bit more expensive than planned as had to get two pallets in the end and chassis shipped separately, but I made a little money selling a small few to a local op and elsewhere so €60 is still fine as I originally mentioned even though it's below break even slightly, happy to honor it as wont lose money on these overall but won't make much either although that's not why I bought them anyway so glad some are going to be used by the community. I suppose the only thing too is you're buying as is, i.e. they should be new and all be working but trying to sell these off at pretty much what they cost so there won't be warranty with it, plus you'll have to connect up the chassis to the tube too but that isn't too difficult.

Colonel Panic 1x

Inviere 2x

Optimus Prime 2x

Jack Burton 5x

CathalDublin 1x

Mozie 3x

fmul9798 x 1

80s Synth Pop x 2

Is the final list let me know if I missed anyone, if anyone wants to modify the amount they want let me know, any extra will have to be at break even for me so will be a little more expensive. Happy to do a run to Dublin if there's enough interest, petrol would be roughly €60 return so if people want to split I could drop off on the way too if it's not too far out of the way. Would be easier if I dropped at one house/place and if they could be collected from there.

Paypal is davidwallace2012@gmail.com send F&F please or send me a DM if you have any questions, I can post too but will work out at about 25 per monitor unless someone knows somewhere that would be a little cheaper. Can take bank transfer or cash too. Might take a small bit of time before these are delivered just be patient but will try get everything organized over the next week or two. Also if anyone is tight on money just pay for it after. Thanks folks.

Post edited by dav09 on

Perfect thanks sounds good. Yeah will get them sent as soon as I can.

Thanks to those who have paid just let me know how you want them whether you want me to drop them to Dublin/ Drop Off On The Way/ Post them.

Thanks folks.

I'm in Dublin, if anyone else is from here too maybe we could arrange something or where abouts in the country are you Dav09?

• Advertisement

Yeah exactly my thought, I'm in Limerick so I'm happy to drop them up to Dublin so preferably someone near the M7/M50 enterence would be ideal as a drop off point to make my journey a bit shorter but will work with everyone to make sure they're as easy as possible to collect. A few others messaged to say they'd collect from somewhere near Dublin I just need a place to drop them off that makes sense for everyone.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement