Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NOS 17" CRTs For Sale

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭dav09

Perfect I'll leave one for you at @80s Synth Pop place as that's where everyone seems to be collecting them from, not too far from the Red Cow. I'm doing to drop off tomorrow so can take PayPal or Revolut whichever suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Cheers Dav09 for delivery :D

They are here ready for collection lads. Send me a message to arrange collection. 2 mins from Newlands Cross by car.

The power and video connectors are the same as hantarex mtc9110 and you will need these cables separately. If you are making up the cables you will need:

Video connector 6 way: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/wire-housings-plugs/5091663 

pins to crimp:  https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/crimp-contacts/6689381  

If connecting to a groovymame pc, just cut the vga cable and crip on to the above for red green blue hsync vsync and gnd pins.

Power 3 way molex: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/wire-housings-plugs/6704001

And pins to crimp to a standard power cable/plug for power: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/crimp-contacts/7978720

Not sure if these need an isolation transformer or if you can connect straight to mains? Still have to read the manual.

These will go into an arcade1up if you extend the back a fraction. That's my project anyway.

Thanks again Dav09!

Thanks again and hope everyone enjoys! Really looking forward to seeing what everyone can do with them! Really glad I got them in the end and glad we all could enjoy them.

So I recently got a Paperboy which I managed to haggle down a lot due to the chassis in it not being a wells gardner. Turns out coincidentally it's the same as the regular intervideo chassis that came in the shipment above, I'm not sure exactly how they did it but they are definitely modifyable to make them work on medium res as asked above. Whether it's just a pot or something else I'm not sure. Also the tube is 20" on the Paperboy and it drives it no bother too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ah crap, I missed the Dublin run, been a busy few weeks here

I left one there for you! Just give a shout to @80s Synth Pop I knew you wanted it so left it in there as it was easiest for me, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

Collected mine today, thanks a mill dav09 and 80s Synth Pop (and indeed for the very thoughtful parts list above).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I’ll grab my two on Saturday if that’s ok if you are around ? Thanks again for organising this, dropping and storing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Deadly, I’ll revolut you and sort out to collect from him over the weekend

There's no panic with it glad you can get sorted with the monitor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Hi all, anyone left to collect just drop me a message and I'll send you the address & phone number. They are available to collect any time.

Collecting my two yesterday , thanks again for organising these dav! And thanks 80s synth pop for holding onto them for us.

Ok so just on this, some of the minimum quantities through Radionics are a bit bananas, and push the price up to €42 for a few connectors delivered. Luckily, you can get them at more sensible quantities through Farnell. See below:

^^ Radionics list, kinda madness unless you need all those pins.

^^ €25 delivered through Radionics, and this is a list for x2 of the monitors.

^^ The Farnell parts list, again, there's parts for x2 monitors here.

^^ Direct link to site.

Thanks again to @80s Synth Pop for the list, absolute god send.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Thanks to all involved. Collected mine just now. The head start on connection info is very welcome!

I’d really appreciate “an idiots guide” to wiring these up. In truth it’s been years since I had to mess around with an arcade monitor. I’ve been lucky and my cabs haven’t needed tinkering in ages . So would love to see what way you guys are connecting these up in your projects just to figure out what I need to do.

I'll likely go the groovymame setup for one of these anyway, possibly jamma/Mister for the other. I'd be happy to document it but it's WAY down the list currently. Firstly I need a way to mount them. It'd be handy to find x2 faulty 17" crt monitors to just swap these into, as I don't really have space for x2 mid sized bartops currently.

• Advertisement

Hi folks, really glad it seems almost everyone is sorted I know there's one or two outside of Dublin who I'll make arrangements with soon. Enjoy and looking forward to seeing them in action.

These monitors are nice as they're quite easy to wire up as it looks like most of it is done already. Will just need adjustment from there then.

In terms of mounting monitors, small wood planks and corner brackets have worked a charm for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement