Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NOS 17" CRTs For Sale

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Collecting my two yesterday , thanks again for organising these dav! And thanks 80s synth pop for holding onto them for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Ok so just on this, some of the minimum quantities through Radionics are a bit bananas, and push the price up to €42 for a few connectors delivered. Luckily, you can get them at more sensible quantities through Farnell. See below:

^^ Radionics list, kinda madness unless you need all those pins.

^^ €25 delivered through Radionics, and this is a list for x2 of the monitors.

^^ The Farnell parts list, again, there's parts for x2 monitors here.

^^ Direct link to site.

Thanks again to @80s Synth Pop for the list, absolute god send.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Thanks to all involved. Collected mine just now. The head start on connection info is very welcome!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I’d really appreciate “an idiots guide” to wiring these up. In truth it’s been years since I had to mess around with an arcade monitor. I’ve been lucky and my cabs haven’t needed tinkering in ages . So would love to see what way you guys are connecting these up in your projects just to figure out what I need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'll likely go the groovymame setup for one of these anyway, possibly jamma/Mister for the other. I'd be happy to document it but it's WAY down the list currently. Firstly I need a way to mount them. It'd be handy to find x2 faulty 17" crt monitors to just swap these into, as I don't really have space for x2 mid sized bartops currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dav09

Hi folks, really glad it seems almost everyone is sorted I know there's one or two outside of Dublin who I'll make arrangements with soon. Enjoy and looking forward to seeing them in action.

These monitors are nice as they're quite easy to wire up as it looks like most of it is done already. Will just need adjustment from there then.

In terms of mounting monitors, small wood planks and corner brackets have worked a charm for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement