Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Arecibo has drawn Danny Tudhope who has ridden the horse many times and that's a bonus,9 to 2 win the 2. 10 looks value.

Orban was a 25 to1 winner for me last week and can win the 1.35 at 2 to1 today.both at Ascot.

The Hungerford stakes is the feature race at Newbury 3.35 on sat,a group 2 open to all ages over 7 furlongs usually contested by seasoned campaigners and younger horses.

3 year olds have a reasonable record against older horses and i am backing DUBAI POET to come out on top.

Last time out DUBAI POET was dropped in trip to 7 furlongs in the Jersey stakes at Royal Ascot and was a good 3rd of 15 beaten a length and a quarter when drawn 2.

5 o the first 6 home were drawn 11 to 16 and to finish2nd from stall 2 was a good performance,with the Varian stable in good form DUBAI POET can cause a bit of a surprise at 9 or 10 to1 and with several firms going 4 places this is the days best bet ew imo.

In the big sprint at Ripon at 2.50 its worth taking a chance on EMBOUR who ran well in this last year and ran ok last time.A small ew bet at 18/1 5 places might pay off and we can expect EMBOUR to be running on at the finish.

just for the record,a horse has been withdrawn from the 3.35 Newbury and the books are now only paying 3 places online.

Very competitive stuff at the Ebor meeting in York,i had no time to look at the meeting but i did take a look at the 3 oc a hot 20 runner handicap worth over£64,000.

David Omeara runs 6 in the race and as he trains locally he will be anxious to get the lions share of the cash,stable jockey Danny Tudhope rides Blue For You and he may go off fav and looks certain to be in the mix.

My idea of the winner is ORBAAN (i tipped Orbaan when he won at 25s and again next time out when he won at 8s)) who is raised 12 lbs for his two wins but is in such good form that he may win again as he has won off a slightly higher mark.

The strong pace will suit and at 10s paying 6 places is a solid ew bet.

A small ew on Revich at 22/1 could pay if the high draw can be overcome and they are my 3 against the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

O Meara with 3 of the first 4 nice place for ORBAAN at 14s and blue for you wins at 11/2

• Advertisement

Got the race kinda right today and no money lost,though not a lot made.

I like a a horse called Cormier and thought he would be a good bet when next running on the flat or over hurdles,he turned out in a 1 mile 2 furlongs race at Chester and i posted here that the trip was probably too shor for him.

Well he actually won very easily and i had only a very small bet because of the trip.

He runs in the 1.50 York tomorrow and had he not got an 8 lb rise for winning over a trip short of his best i would be on him.

The 8 lbs may be enough to stop him winning but i would not rule him out over the 12 furlong trip.

However the standout bet for me having studied the race is a horse only having his third run on turf is ONESMOOTHOPERATOR .

The horse ran in the valuable Shergar Cup in Ascot on the 6th of august,last from the start under a tight rein he was still last a couple of furlongs out before running on on the outside to finish 3rd beaten a length and a quarter and would probably have won if given any encouragement.

His lady rider did a lot of whip waving in the final furlong but if ridden closer to the pace would have won.

As that was only his 2nd turf run he looks sure to improve and looks an exceptionally good ew bet at 16/1 everywhere but with PP going 6 places online thats where i backed him.

Finally it may be of interest that he is trained by Brian Ellison who also trains Cormier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Corimer NR

The Ebor,3.35 Doncaster.

Rodrigo Diaz 33 to 1 Pp 7 places,stays further and will have to come from behind but is a sporting bet with Spencer up and if the gaps open could cause a big shock.

Okita Soushi and the very lightly raced Licence also have chances.

Summerghand deserves to win a big one and is in with a big chance in the 4.10 also at York.

Sacred 3 .oc York and Fleetfoot 1.25 Curragh are two more I backed today plus a mad punt on the tricast in the 3.35 York Gaassee,Benaud,Rodrigo Diaz,Licence and Okita Soushi.

60 @.50 total cost 30 euro.

Summerghand deserved a big win and did it in style today keeping me in profit

• Advertisement

The enigmatic John Berry is a small trainer in Newmarket who gets a few winners from a moderate team at tracks away from his home base.

He runs Hidden Pearl today in the 3.20 at Brighton (where he does well).

At 4 to 1 he can turn the tables on one that beat him last time out at the the weights today and with a good apprentice on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Valley of flowers 7/2 catterick 1.30

Some competitive racing today,i was waiting for Cormier to run again but the race is too competitive today so i will only watch.

However its worth noting anything that runs well,or is unlucky in the race,with the ground becoming easier horses that catch my eye in this race are sure to pay their way for the remainder of the season its the 6.53 Hamilton,a big pot for the course and certain to throw up plenty of winners.

One i am backing is CHAIRMANOFTHEBOARD 6/1 4.25 Ffos Las,back on last winning mark and with just the 8 runners is a good ew bet.

The horse would benefit from a good gallop and thats not guaranteed but at the price the horse is worth backing ew.

Punters should beware that BOG is no longer the norm in powers online and its only available for certain races even for single bets.

It is still available in the shops but from next wednesday it will no longer be available for multiples.

Other shops still guaranteeing prices is where we should be betting so that PP gets the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

ORBAAN,owes me nothing,was beaten into 4th last time when 12 lbs higher than previous win.

It was not the weight that beat him in York it was that he was denied a run at a crucial time and can win the 2.25 at Goodwood for the inform Omeara team.

One for a modest ew bet is KINGSWOOD at 33s in the 1.20 at the Curragh,some good value in the betting without market with PP.

Obrien has won this for the last 8 years and obviously targets it but i have a feeling KINGSWOOD may outrun his odds.

Summerghand done us a turn last week and has a good chance in the 3.15 at Newmarket and Pp is going 4 places in Orbaans race at 2.25 Goodwood online only.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭hudhastings

Bit of info korker in the Beverly bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭hudhastings

Walked out of the stall the race was then over given the traffic in Beverly. Disappointing there's no forgivness in these 5f races. Not a good day for me so far. Hope it improves. I also like injazati in the 605 Windsor 3/1.

Kimifive back to form in great style lto can win again in the 3.55 Carlisle.

Embour 1.50 Doncaster was badly hampered lto and if getting a clear run can go well at around 16 to 1,well handicapped and can still go a bit.

Cormier another come from behind handicapper was raised 8 lbs for an easy Chester win,very badly hampered last time and worth another chance off same mark in the 5.20 Doncaster 4 places at 8 to1 maybe a bit of value.

Balgair won the 5.01 at Newmarket 2 years ago off a 2lbs higher mark,ran a nice race last time out when never put into the race until hampered when running on into 3rd.

At 9 to1 5 places is a decent ew bet.

Aimeric 5.20 Ayr beat Al Habeeb 2 runs back who ran ok in the derby and finished 6th in the St Leger.

7 three year olds won this in the last 20 years and only two contest it today so Varian can win with Aimeric.

My only other bet today is another Varian horse Royal Champion who was 3rd in a group 3 last time and will find the 1 .55 Ayr much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Zimmer, cheers for the post yesterday. Went with 3 of them as singles, 2 winners so a very good Saturday

Kerry national today, will probably go for joseph O'brien Darasso @ 10-1,6 places ew .

I've backed 2 in that myself Dabrasso and Recite a Prayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Im also on 2 JOB horses e/w busselton and early doors gluck

Well done mate between us we had 1st 2nd and third should have done a tricast eh? 😄

I was on Darasso ew myself,i told anyone i met that the winner Bussleton was the best handicapped horse in the race (should have had 7 lbs more at least imo) a negative to me at least was the age,i was worried that a 5 year old would be a bit young such a staying race.

Shark's was unlucky but fair play to those who backed the winner.

I am backing FARHH TO SHY in the 2.25 at Newmarket, a premier handicap worth almost £26,000 to the winner.

She was only 11th in a hot handicap lto in Ascot but got hampered in the race but still looked like winning until stamina gave out in the last furlong.I was waiting for her to run over 7 furlongs but she runs over 6 tomorrow and should still be competitive in a strongly run race.

I will have a decent ew bet at 5s on the filly (4 places and it would be an eve bigger bet if she was not off for 99 days (though she did win after a layoff of 102 days ) but she should be spot on to win this and is ew value at 5s.

Post edited by zimmermania on

4 places not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Electrical storm has to be good value ew at 16-1, Newmarket .

• Advertisement

PIERRE LAPIN,is very well handicapped in the 4.20 in Cork tomorrow has run very well on her last two runs since wearing a visor.

Ninth last time out when having nowhere to go over 7 furlongs and running extremely well before that when very badly drawn ran a blinder from a terrible draw in a very valuable handicap.

This represents a huge drop in class and if the (seems useful) 7 lbs claimer Adam Caffrey does not mess it up PIERRE LAPIN should win handy enough,some will say the stall number 1 is a problem but over a mile it is ok so a lumpy enough ew bet is warrented with PP going 4 places online.

Advertisement