Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭allinthehead

23.6 kwh generated yesterday on 3.2kw SE and .8kw NW. On 22.5kw for today so far. Still getting 1kw although it drops off quick at 19:00 with the house blocking the sun.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Jagged as hell again today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What a SW and NE day looks like, I'll never see a smooth curve and down to 600w now due to neighborhood shading...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

SW 3.3kw only included. need to move 1 clamp on the monitoring to monitor ne instead of sw as I am getting the sw roof direct from the inverter. NE 1kw would mean the curve would look similar to slave1.

Even looking at the strings separately, it's far from smooth.

Today was perfectly clear, why am I getting such an uneven curve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I don't think it's temp, cause u have fans. I had one dip after midday today. But temp was higher earlier in morning at 49C. Think I was clear skies all day

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

30kWh exactly today. House used 7kWh, 16kWh into the EV (now full), and exported the rest.

Solar thermal took care of the hot water today (250L @ 66°C).

Does the high temps not bring down voltage from the panels, I don't think inverter temp as relevant

I'm not sure a perfect curve is achievable.

Here's my SW string which would be mid morning before it really starts to kick in

And here's my NE which is obviously more morning centric

10 panels SW, 8 panels NE

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

It was lovely out but there was some high cloud, brief but still a shadow.

• Advertisement

Even still, compare how smooth your best curve is to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Maybe because it's shorter update intervals and not 5 mins?

Yup, I think you answered your own question there. Mine is also 5 mins telemetry, infact I think you have pretty nice smooth curve there all things considered. Although it's interesting there what happened at 11:30 on your first chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

All going well I should hit 1MWh for my install around tomorrow afternoon/evening. Less than 2 months since install. 😎

EDIT: just checked and it's just a couple of days shy of 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭paulbok

New record of 43.7kWh yesterday, 4 to Eddi, 19 exported and busy with the appliances.

65kwh exported over the 5 days, would have filled an EV. Might put a sign up 😜

But you have two separate panel aspects from memory, what does it look like for each individually, my "combined" is same as yours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I think 11:30 is when the shadow of the chimney goes away as the sun hits the house directly.

Mine was all over the place yesterday, we had high scattered cloud

WFH today, was wondering why I could hear the hot cylinder "boiling", forgot to put Zappi to Eco+, ah well, no great loss

• Advertisement

And the irony is that our "cold" water tank feeding the shower is in the attic so not cold at all today so hardly any need to supplement it with hot water from the cylinder. The app is great, couple of seconds and the EV now taking all the surplus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

This is a graph of beauty...blue line is the Zappi and the red is the PV....pushing 4kW into the EV since about 11am this morning 👌

I am shifting my Zappi strategy to start using the Eco setting and not Eco+. On a day like today I dot think its too much of a difference but if there are clouds I don't really like it kicking in and out all the time if it drops below the set level.

Produced 42.2 kWh yesterday and the car is only at 50% so I can push about 23 kWh into that today.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I bought 3kWh today, gutted. Had a timed boost set on the car but forgot to limit it to 2kW rate. Ended up blasting the full 7.2 at it until I realised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Any idea how can I tell if the heat is affecting the inverter? Or is it the panels? I've 4.2kwp of panels e/w orientation with a 3.6kw inverter and usually see it clipping but this week, with clear skies I've struggled to get above 3kw.

I'm maxing out today at just over 5kW on a 7.44kWp system and 6kW inverter.

Panel heat the likely issue, plus of course we're now into August so the angles are changing.

Currently south string is at 3 of a possible 4kW. West string is on 2.1 of a possible 3.4kW.

I found it in the Solarman app. The inverter is currently 64.5c I think it starts derating at 45c so well over that and close to the shutdown temp of 65c!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭con747

Put a fan on a smart plug or similar blowing cool air at the fins on it, most here have something rigged up for when it gets too hot.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Yes definitely considering something the only issue I'll have is the lack of easy access to a socket!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

If your stuck you can wire a 3 pin socket off the EPS outlet on your inverter yourself ?

• Advertisement

There's those smooth curves I've been missing.

Advertisement