Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Charging the EV with excess since 8:30, nice

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Getting a solid 1.5 kW into the car since around 9am pushing 2.5+ kW now at 10am. Good job because I'm going on a 200km journey today with 4 people and bikes on the roof. Forgot to turn on the Zappi last night as well so didn't get the timed charge. Only realised at 06:30 so only got 1.5 hours of boost. I was at 53% SOC this morning so this sun is helping

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Only realised at 06:30 so only got 1.5 hours of boost.

Have to ask....why only 1.5hrs? Night time rates goes to 9am (in summertime). Mentioning in case you forgot.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

He forgot to turn on the zappi to charge overnight (at full 7kw)

only 700 w here, V cloudy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭paulbok

Already noticing the difference with the shortening evenings and later morning light. Battery no longer covers me until decenct production kicks in, so am purchasing off the grid from 4am until 8am. Just under 1kw bought each morning lately, had been on avg between 0 and 0.6kw for last 3 months. A 2nd battery would make a big difference for me as that gets more noticeable, exported an avg of 6 kwh a day last month so a 2nd 4.8kwh battery would extend the 0kw purchases summer season for me until probably October.

Has planned on getting another before the winter, but FIT "may" make it unnecessary /uneconomical

• Advertisement

Yup I got that, but ... he stopped at 8am where he still had a good hour left of night time rate left until 9am ?

Rocking here in Dublin at the moment. 4.5Kw (on my 5.3Kw system). Battery nearly full and immersion hot and we're just at solar noon now at 1:30pm

Ooooh yeah. Could have squuezed another 7kwh in! Missed that bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

Do a 10kW DIY build and selling the 4.8 will cover it's cost fully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

looks like I'll end up around 15.4kw , not bad though I'm a bit disappointed with the peak power. didnt go over 3kw, even when inverter temp was ok. Thinking this might have been panels getting hotter with less wind. anyway was at least good to be able to stick 4kw into the immersion

Thanks I kinda did know there was a difference between summer and winter, but when looking at the EI web site it just says 11pm to 8am and nothing about changing in the winter time there...I assumed that they had done away with that.....must double check with them. @graememk

Produced 42.8 kWh today which was one of my best days (94% of my best day ever.) Went for a long spin in the EV today 200km and I have the battery drained down to 20% so I am not going to use the night boost at all this week. I will be working from home for the next few days so just going to use the PV to charge the car.

I have only the car two weeks so still working on the best charging strat. Today was my first "long trip" in the ID4 200km! and I had two bikes on the roof and 4 adults in the car so I didn't know how it would preform. Left with 300km range and came back with 100km so it did it as expected.

You can see my panic this morning 😏 getting up at 06:30 to switch on the zappi, then putting it on Eco mode for 2 hours, then saying feck just to be sure lets give it the full beans again for about 45mins.

Must say the Zappi is a great machine and having the data in the background to see it actually working brings a lot of comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭allinthehead

First full day with my diy install. 3.2kw SE and .8kw NW. Generated 26.6kw. No battery or ev so most of it flew out the door. This forum has been a great resource for researching prior to install. Went with three quad microinverters which made for a very simple install.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭DC999

Wow, that's decent output. I have 4.9kwp (so nearly 1 kwp more than you) and got just under 23kwh in Dublin and had lots of sunshine. That's my highest in 10 days since it's live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭DC999

Zappi is class. Only time we can consume even a fraction of what we make (on a decent day) is when Zappi is in eco+ charging the car. And it's a Leaf so is a small battery relative to other EVs so not much it can soak up. Fully charged by 930am today. Don’t have a house battery yet

Turned out a decent afternoon 25kwh, and this week is looking good too.. have barley to cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Barely a cloud in the sky all day in East Cork. Great day for a first day. Was it similar in Dublin?

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

35.8 today. 6.9 kWp South facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

30kWh on the nose generated.

11kWh into the battery

11.5kWh into the car

1.4kWh into the Eddi

I've 2x systems now. My original 5.3Kwp east/west split and then my DIY 2.3Kwp south facing panels on the shed. A very respectable 24.7Kwhr from the original system (shed isnt setup yet for telemetry) but to answer Allinthehead above, yeah, it was generally good in Dublin. Couple of clouds as you can see below.

Tomorrow looking like it's going to be a ~30Kwhr day for me. Time to empty the batteries....!!

Plenty of rolling in/out clouds but a very good day in the end, 30.3kWh, 17.7 to EV, 8 to hot water, 2.1 to house and 2.5 exported. I effectively stop generating from around 7pm so miss the cloudless evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭sligopaul

6.6kw system in Sligo and produced 40kw on the nose yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Bakka

Jeepers Paul from Sligo, that was a mighty figure you had yesterday. I have a 9.1 ground mount system and it only made 35 kwh yesterday in Galway. Mind you today I have made over 54 kwh and it's still producing more. I might have my best day ever yet so far. Just over a month live.

Pushed out 41.5 kWh on my 6.1kWp system in Cork...

Looking at the charts I reckon I could get hopefully 6+ days of 40+ kWh days which are 90% of my max output.

Better news since I got my EV 2 weeks ago these are the first days that I was able to put a good amount of kWh into in. Put 18 kWh into the car today so used in total 74% of my total PV production today. I had a few jobs to do between 12 and 3pm today 😪 that I had to drive to so missed the best of the production...

Roll on this week👌

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

40.1 kWh from 6.9 KWp today. There is going to be a lot going to the grid this week!

18.5 from 3.3kwp sw facing. the max output wasnt great though, possibly the lack of wind meant higher temps. I think 20 is doable. the 1kw ne facing managed 3.6 on top, just shows the difference from the aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

A few peak and troughs in the midlands but a great day. Should be cracking that 50kWh a few days this week we would hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭sligopaul

Just over 35 kw from my 6.6 kw, system in 3 weeks seems to be working well , looks like a good week , already over 20 kw today, after 6kw battery and water heating alot going to grid

That's a lot of peak generation from noon until six, I would have thought the panels would be hot and voltage dropping, are they ground mounted and catching cool breeze? or are you oversized like crazy (within inverter tolerence)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I wonder how come I never seen that flat curve in perfect days like some of you have.

It's 7kwhp on a 6kwh inverter so you'd think it would max out for some time in high noon.

Here is today, full sun, with 3 or 4 that rolled in as the dips.

Maybe because it's shorter update intervals and not 5 mins?

Inverter temp maxed out at 47 in peak:

anyone else seeing major drops with the temp and lack of wind? down to 2.5kw max today. yesterday got to 2.8. i don't think today will match yesterday for that reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Peak power has been lower here but a bit more consistent throughout the day. Around 3.5kW solid for a good time where it has been peaking up over 5kW and back down again on other days. I much prefer the solid lower power numbers - less issues with the car charging stopping and starting. My system is 4.46kW.

Currently up just over 23kWh generation today. I was looking at the met eireann numbers last night and worked out 25kWh based on that.

Advertisement