Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Thankfully have an EV since last year so can make most of the production, couple of days in this weather has us constantly topped up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A day long in coming, system on and off to hook up array #2

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Nice one. I assume you could self consume that 9kW, and that you're limiting exports to 6kW? Or are you applying for mini-gen?

Self consume, 2 EVs, EDDI for water, finishing off 20kWh DIY battery pack, after that I don't mind exporting and saving some dino juice. Not interested in mini gen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

24.5kWh today. About half of that exported.

• Advertisement

Next few days look to be pretty bad, at least here in North Dub. It wasn't great today (14.1kWh) and estimate for tomorrow (10.4kWh) is even worse. :( I think it's this cloud cover. It seems that it'll be around for the next week with some rain later in the week also. Maybe a small bit of respite on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

11:20 and barely breaking 500w.

So long summer, it was fun.

Mine was bad too but now has shot up to peak power. I guess, clean cool panels and bright sun now are working well.

I'm not going to break 5kWh today.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭curioustony

I charged up last night expecting a cloudy day....

Not a complete waste if I get FIT... Nothing official from EI yet.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Advertisement

I was wrong, 5.6kWh. My daily average for the month so far has been almost 30 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭paulbok

18 yesterday, 10.6 kw today, back to earth after the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭John mac

only 12.5 today

421 so far this month ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Even with 7 days over 40 kWh (which is about 90+% of my max) I'm not too far ahead of Julys numbers at this stage. July this year started off strong as well, for the first 3 weeks of July only 5 days were below average. Going on holidays for 2 weeks so Mr ESB is going to be lining his pockets with all the free energy I am going to export.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I'm off to the attic now to set an overnight charge. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭championc

Can you not cover your base load and night load until midnight tomorrow ?

Or rather than charging, would you not just need to stop any discharging until 09:00 ?

Battery was at 23% just now. I set it on a low charge, 15a until 7am. Should bring me back up to about 50% by morning. If tomorrow is as terrible as today was, that'll get me til midnight tomorrow.

If I only stop discharging and tomorrow stinks, I'd run out by early evening.

And there we go, my annoyance with the weather forecast summed up.

Forecast for both days said cloudy.

LOL, the Grid wins (twice over)!!

Broke the 50kWh mark yesterday, popping in with a surprising 51.4 given the forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Saw that my little algorithm decided to charge up the battery to 95% overnight.

Opened the curtains to blue skies and the sun beating down on my panels like Will Smith on a saturday night out!

This afternoon better be pretty miserable or.... damm you Met Eireann - LOL !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

There is heat behind them clouds. I think its gonna be a spikey day. Battery at 50% normally full by 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Last few days predictions were all misses, either over or underestimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭championc

I went by the forecast.solar ones so they are not much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

You talking about your estimates or mine from the chart SD? Think the last week has been pretty accurate from my own stuff. It's hard to mess up blue skies! Ultimately, it's a forecast. If MetEireann don't estimate the right solar radiation level for Dublin or wherever you are, that plays directly into what the math will estimate for generation. The correlation between estimate and actual is decent enough.

To be fair though - they do a good job most of the time. It's only the odd day that they rightly mess up the solar radiation forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭curioustony

I had been thinking about automating the 'charge for cloudy days'. I'll hold off for another while now. Thanks

I was looking at the cloud cover animations. Very complex for the last couple of days. Clouds moving in every direction over the island at the moment.

I would not be so hard on met eireann..

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

The HA integration from forecast.solar and yes for the cracking days it was accurate, hard to get that wrong 😂

Another failure for today:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Bakka

Which app are you using to monitor your daily solar generation? I am using the Solis app as I have a solis inverter. Is there any other monitoring app out there, that is better and suitable for a Solis Inverter?

Bloody typical. Put nearly 6kWh into the battery last night, sun blazed down all day today. 32kWh generated and 8Kwh of it exported.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Haven't charged from grid since March! @DrPhilG don't charge tonight either, tomorrows good enough.

Although last night was the first night in a long time I didn't get to night rate.

Advertisement