Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2022-Round 13: Hungarian GP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Perez gets his lap time reinstated and rightly so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Clear as day that he didn't exceed track limits. He's still in trouble though, 8 tenths off Max's pace, christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Disaster for Perez, way off again.

And Perez is out. Disaster.

Perez is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Shambles for Checo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

Pretty bad from Checo, even with the messing from race control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Max to go it alone again, i feel Perez won't have much race pace either. Might as well just aim to put him out in awkward positions to defend for Max futher back the grid.

• Advertisement

these last three and a bit minutes could be tasty.

Would love to be that kid, always wanted a model like that to play with 😎

Max is out, no power and nothing works.

Pretty crap for redbull

Feck sake Red Bull. Sainz playing a blinder.

Max saying he has no power. Not great so far for red bull.

Fair fcuks to George Russell

rubbing it into Lewis with the time he is clear.

• Advertisement

Holy crap Russell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Spicy lap from Carlos

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

RUSSELL!

Well George Russell puts in a stonking lap.

• Advertisement

Great lap from Sainz only to be topped by Russell, amazing lap. Should be good with that front 3 tomorrow and Max fighting through the field

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Sky going to be insufferable now

Great lap from Russell. What a mixed up grid for tomorrow. Damage limitation time for Max.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Oh stop being so f*cking miserable.

Jesus Christ we cry for some unpredictability every weekend, and when we finally get some there's another way someone can find to bitch and moan about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Third row start for the Alpine drivers. I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭McFly85

That’s a brilliant grid for tomorrow! Shocker from RB but wouldn’t bet against Max getting a podium as long as his car issues are sorted.

Great lap from Russell but can’t see him winning it, Ferrari should have it sewn up as long as they don’t get in their own way.

On another note it was disappointing from Haas considering the upgrades they brought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Great quali for Russell, but I don’t see him leading for long, RB’s goal for VER has to be a podium now, and very achievable with the pace they have, never been the quickest this weekend but they’re still quicker than most!

A bit disappointing from LeClerc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Did they say Hamilton no DRS?

On the last lap they did, said he abandoned that lap it as it wouldn't open.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Max doesn't get caught up in any first corner carnage and he should be able to get some decent points, a podium might be a stretch on this track though. If he goes into the summer break still 50+ points ahead that will do. You'd fancy both Ferrari's getting past Russell at some stage. Hopefully Norris can have a decent race too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

How do you get pole without any purple sectors?

Sainz must've had a yellow in there somewhere.

I couldn't wrap my head around that either 🙂

I think Brundle said it best when he said "You don't have to set any quickest sectors, you just have to be quick in all three"

Or something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did not see that coming for Russel. Will be watching Sky on mute tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

BBC Radio are using Harry Benjamin and Marc Priestly if you have the means to do a sync up. (Jack Nicholls is busy with Formula E and Jolyon Palmer is with F1 TV)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's going to be fascinating and depressing to see how Ferrari will screw up tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is an interesting grid, could be a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,306 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well well done to George Russell. A pity its with Mercedes do. I really hope he does not win tomorrow. He probably will do.

What was up with Red Bull and Max Verstappen?

Overall do a very boring qualifying session except for the last minute at most.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Great to see some one other than Ferrari or red bull get pole, and a third maiden pole this year at that.

Fack me max is a whingy little baby on the radio, wonder how many of his team wanna just slap him. Oh wait we only talk about people complaining on the radio when it's a merc, the little angel max can do no wrong.

Norris and alpine are in good spots Lewis will have some work to do. Bottas and Danny Ric back in the top 10 too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I’m gutted for Max, but delighted with how it all worked out. It’s great to see such a different line up. Fair play to Russel. The Hamilton interview on Channel 4 was hilarious!!!! Russel is so clearly embarrassing him again. Great to see Alpine doing so will and Norris too.

I think Leclec’s biggest threat is his team mate. I expect Russel to finish on the podium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

THIS

Its fascinating, did everyone hear max on the radio? any comments on the crying, whinging, he was whining for info on the problem once the drivers had all passed him and he was out of qually and they had to remind him that the radio isnt the best place to talk about it. WAAAAAAAA!

But lewis says after my drs didnt open and i think i could of had pace to be on the front row, and that is criticized

Im sure its all skys fault because a british network and british pundits with mainly british subscribers support a british team with british drivers, how dare they!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Hamilton could have put in a good lap if it wasn't for the DRS problem, could have been 1 and 2 for Mercedes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Huh what F1 are you watching?, it was 6-6 for qualy before today he is hardly embarrassing him, if lewis didnt have a DRS issue it could of easily been a merc 1-2 in either order for all we know.

• Advertisement

The same old sh1t on here sometimes, people setting fastest laps themselves to come and defend drivers when others have said something against them.

Max isn't the only one who whinges on the radio, they all do it, every single one of them. I'd do it myself if I am in the heat of a battle and a situation beyond my control means there is fcuk all I can do.

If Lewis didn't have a DRS issue he could have joined Russell on the front row, so we will just ignore the fact Max had issues then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭Hijpo

By the look of it, it's just tit for tat with Hamilton/Merc fan boys, no genuine reasons given for **** on Verstappen. As soon as you see "if Hamilton did....." you know exactly who's getting slated in the next few lines. Very very predictable.

At least when someone criticises Hamilton and Merc they can justify it with facts not just an empty retaliation as if they feel the need to even some score.

Had a look back over the thread there because I thought I missed something, not one post criticising Hamilton or calling him a whinger for commenting about his DRS.

Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Personally thought Russell was worse for "whinging" today than Max, not that it really matters.. I think it's very understandable on the part of any driver given how much they put into the sport and how an underperforming car (being completely out of their control) undoes all that.. I'd liken it to a footballer going off injured - they rarely go off not "whinging".

Anyway, great for the sport that there's (hopefully) a 3rd constructor fighting for the race lead. I thought the rest of the season would just be fought between RB and Ferrari. A 5 way battle (6 potentially with Checo) for the front should lead to some phenomenal races..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

His on air celebration was irritating. Never hear Lewis bellowing in that unseemly manner.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 665 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Alright lets try to keep it somewhat civil folks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement