Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2022-Round 13: Hungarian GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Great to see some one other than Ferrari or red bull get pole, and a third maiden pole this year at that.

Fack me max is a whingy little baby on the radio, wonder how many of his team wanna just slap him. Oh wait we only talk about people complaining on the radio when it's a merc, the little angel max can do no wrong.

Norris and alpine are in good spots Lewis will have some work to do. Bottas and Danny Ric back in the top 10 too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I’m gutted for Max, but delighted with how it all worked out. It’s great to see such a different line up. Fair play to Russel. The Hamilton interview on Channel 4 was hilarious!!!! Russel is so clearly embarrassing him again. Great to see Alpine doing so will and Norris too.

I think Leclec’s biggest threat is his team mate. I expect Russel to finish on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

THIS

Its fascinating, did everyone hear max on the radio? any comments on the crying, whinging, he was whining for info on the problem once the drivers had all passed him and he was out of qually and they had to remind him that the radio isnt the best place to talk about it. WAAAAAAAA!

But lewis says after my drs didnt open and i think i could of had pace to be on the front row, and that is criticized

Im sure its all skys fault because a british network and british pundits with mainly british subscribers support a british team with british drivers, how dare they!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Hamilton could have put in a good lap if it wasn't for the DRS problem, could have been 1 and 2 for Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Huh what F1 are you watching?, it was 6-6 for qualy before today he is hardly embarrassing him, if lewis didnt have a DRS issue it could of easily been a merc 1-2 in either order for all we know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The same old sh1t on here sometimes, people setting fastest laps themselves to come and defend drivers when others have said something against them.

Max isn't the only one who whinges on the radio, they all do it, every single one of them. I'd do it myself if I am in the heat of a battle and a situation beyond my control means there is fcuk all I can do.

If Lewis didn't have a DRS issue he could have joined Russell on the front row, so we will just ignore the fact Max had issues then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

By the look of it, it's just tit for tat with Hamilton/Merc fan boys, no genuine reasons given for **** on Verstappen. As soon as you see "if Hamilton did....." you know exactly who's getting slated in the next few lines. Very very predictable.

At least when someone criticises Hamilton and Merc they can justify it with facts not just an empty retaliation as if they feel the need to even some score.

Had a look back over the thread there because I thought I missed something, not one post criticising Hamilton or calling him a whinger for commenting about his DRS.

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Personally thought Russell was worse for "whinging" today than Max, not that it really matters.. I think it's very understandable on the part of any driver given how much they put into the sport and how an underperforming car (being completely out of their control) undoes all that.. I'd liken it to a footballer going off injured - they rarely go off not "whinging".

Anyway, great for the sport that there's (hopefully) a 3rd constructor fighting for the race lead. I thought the rest of the season would just be fought between RB and Ferrari. A 5 way battle (6 potentially with Checo) for the front should lead to some phenomenal races..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

His on air celebration was irritating. Never hear Lewis bellowing in that unseemly manner.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 634 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Alright lets try to keep it somewhat civil folks.

• Advertisement

Had a look back over the thread there because I thought I missed something, not one post criticising Hamilton or calling him a whinger for commenting about his DRS.

Fair play to Russel. The Hamilton interview on Channel 4 was hilarious!!!! Russel is so clearly embarrassing him again.

(it's a couple of posts up, but we see what we want to dont we)

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'd agree but for his maiden pole it's very understandable.

It's a lot more civil than the one I reported last week. Hope something came of it.

You said Hamilton was criticised for mentioning DRS. The poster said his interview was hilarious on channel 4 and never criticised Russel. So yeah, you do see what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭McFly85

Dont mind drivers having a bit of a whinge when it’s about the car or their team. Nobody has a go when Leclerc or Sainz goes mad on the radio at the team because of bad strategy or car failures, it’s natural for drivers to be frustrated by that.

Whinging when it’s directed at other drivers is generally what bothers me. Didn’t like Russell last week complaining about Perez well after the incident between them was finished. Just get on with it and let the stewards do their job.

No, try again, lewis was criticised for a hilarious interview? did you hear it, all lewis said was he had a drs issue had to come in and thinks he could of got front row. Apparently according to the OP he is getting owned by george because of that.

You clearly are a completely honest broker, totally impartial, While im just a fan boy.

Any comment on max on the radio? Waaaaaaa

"lewis says after my drs didnt open and i think i could of had pace to be on the front row, and that is criticized"

Hamilton commented on more than just the DRS issue, you're the one that picked that one comment out, the OP said the interview has hilarious, that's not criticism of Hamilton having a whinge about DRS that's poking fun at all elements of it combined. I don't know why the OP did that but you are definitely the one picking things out of posts to suit yourself.

My thoughts on verstappens radio, he was extremely calm until there was still no power after trying three of four different things to resolve. Then the radio went silent and he wanted to know if there was more info, also calmly. That wouldn't have happened last year or the years before that he would have completely flew off the handle.

And adding "waaaaa" actually makes you come across as very childish, not verstappen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

To be fair, any cogent point or argument you are trying to put forward is instantly undermined by your use of the term "waaaaaa" not once but twice that I can see.

Ultra competitive elite racing drivers showing frustrations at not being at the top end of the standings.

Shock.

Can't wait to see how the mixed up grid plays out tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I would love if an Alpine driver could finish on the podium today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I think that's the first time i have watched C4 coverage this year where they have not at least referred to Le Clerc as the Monegasque driver.. The obesession with the word was bordering on peter collins and gauntlet years ago.

I'm hoping Norris can stay up there, great to see a shuffle in the top ten quali

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Still fancy Max for the win or at least a podium.

Two mercs in the top 3 or 4 with possibly one Ferrari if it manages to finish.

Throw Lando and an alpine in the mix for some extra spice.

Checo gone well off the boil after a promising start to the season.

Not sure if the summer break is a good or a bad thing for him.

Can't decide which side is worse anymore in any posts about Max/Lewis.

Its like toddlers arguing at this stage.

Damage limitation today. Hoping Max can stay out of trouble on lap 1 and let the race come to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

Lashings of rain this morning. Hope it lasts and we get Alfonso, Norris in the mix spicing things up.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Looks like it will clear away about 1-2 hours before the race start

Hoping Alonso or Lando get on the podium

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I enjoyed yesterday's quali. Latifi nearly surprised us in Q1 with a purple sector too, that could have been fun.

You'd imagine Ferrari have to get a 1-2 at all costs now, can't see Russell staying in front the whole race.

As for the 'whinging' nonsense being talked about here, don't forget that we only hear a portion of radio messages, so they're probably all giving out at various stages. But we don't hear it because the F1 TV director doesn't play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

If the track is washed clean then the tyre wear is likely to be higher. Better chance of 2 stop or even 3 stop race.

3 stop races can be a bit difficult to follow sometimes, but make a good chance of surprises. Given that it's difficult to overtake at Hungary, more pitstops create more opportunities for drivers to get ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

We keep wondering if Ferrari will employ team orders if Sainz is ahead of Leclerc for a win. Might find out today.

If Ferrari think they can still win the WDC with Leclerc, then they can't muck around. They need to maximise Leclerc's points. They might not think it's realistic at this stage and might just let the drivers race. It'll be interesting to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oh good point actually. It'll show the strength of Binotto to see if they can get the cars shuffled quickly or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

LeC in 3rd, clean side of track. If he can get ahead of Sainz off the line it makes things much easier for Ferrari

Tyre choices will be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If Alfonso does well he may be dancing The Carlton. 😁

Meanwhile Alonso might be looking to give Alpine their second Hungary win in a row.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement