Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland Cricket Season 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭decies

It’s a format that we are worse at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

It's been a while but that's a very unwelcome return to the worst of our T20 play once Tector was out we were in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭nice bit of green

Yeah it seems we’re more of a Test country these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,781 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hopefully the weather remains decent up at Stormont. Lots of cloud but fairly low likelihood of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

The same team 3 games running. Ireland the only sports team in the world where form means absolutely nothing and exploring new options isn't necessary.

What was the point of putting Stephen Doheny in the squad. That's the Irish team picked for the world cup already. They must have an unbelievably good starting XI to know they're team 3 months out from a world. Even England and Australia don't have that luxury

• Advertisement

26-0 off 3 overs, a bright and positive enough start by Ireland.

Balbernie is struggling with his timing, 6 off 15 and about 7 fresh air shots failing to get bat on ball, as I type he says ‘forget technique’ swings hard gets four via an edge, mistiming the next shot lobs in up and is caught at deep mid on.

Don't think I've ever seen a worse T20 innings than that. He's not a T20 player. He hasn't the power or range of shots. His role should be hang around and anchor the innings.

Tucker now throwing the bat around, Christ do they not realise yet they don't need a boundary ever ball. Play yourself in for an over or two. Once your eye is in then go for it.

Yeah it was a bit awful truth be told.

too many dot balls costing us.

58/1 after 6.. think we need to risk it for a biscuit now to get towards 200. Or over it.. only lost 1 wicket so …

2 wickets in 5 balls, there goes all the momentum. Again wickets falling in clumps. It's all too hectic. There'll be another one soon to a nothing shot straight to a fielder. I dunno what the coaching staff do to be honest. It's the same mistakes game after game. How many wickets in this series have been to good balls?

• Advertisement

Jesus Delaney is a dead weight. Offers absolutely I'm afraid. I thought he was a prospect at one stage but found out against the better teams. He's not a top order batter, not even a lower order one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

58 off last 20 balls put some respectability on it. Very unlikely to be enough though.

Get Adair up the order!!

Gonna need a few wickets and soon to put ourselves in with a chance

Horrific captaincy again. He cost Ireland the first ODI and he's costing them here to.

These players love pace on the ball it's idiotic to give it to them. The spinners were doing well why did he take them off. Campher was a lamb to the slaughter, Mitchell was waiting on him.

Any other country would be seriously reviewing the captains position

The rare occasion McCarthy bowls well he gets 2 overs. Craig Young's 4 go for 49. You can't make this captaincy up. He has a pre innings plan and no matter how things are going he sticks to it. His first two overs went for 27, he's had an awful series, what was the thinking, did Balbirnie think he'd suddenly bowl differently?? Dockrell gets 2 overs for 13🙄🙄🙄

Yes it’s like.. ‘ we decided this.. so we have to do, this ‘.. captaincy in T20 as well as tactics needs to be fluid, flexible and intuitive… Balbernie, hmmmm

Great hitting from Adair and Commons today. Sadly the Irish team is a closed shop, with an unchanged team announced for the next 2 series. What's the point of the interpros if there's no attention paid to them by the selectors

Be nice alright to see some new blood.

Ireland vs South Africa live on BT Sport 1, program starts at 18.15…match at 18.30.

That's unlucky.. more umpires call rubbish... a centimetre costs us... if that.. Mr Magor could see that was hitting the stumps all day... unfortunately 45% of the ball not good enough.

• Advertisement

Lorcan Tucker playing poorly... Niall O'Brien getting pissed off on commentary.. " now, Tucker needs to switch on here "... several basic misfields in a few deliveries... looks a concentration issue... we started well with ball and in the field but its gone to hell..

I'm afraid I'm a broken record but once again dreadful captaincy. Absolutely insane McBrine didn't bowl his full quota. Everyone else getting smashed and he's left standing around in the field. Once again I'd imagine a pre agreed plan with no reaction to the actual match direction. he's absolutely clueless.

Josh Little could lose an arm and still bowl his 4 overs. Criminal captaincy here, 4 overs for 55, when McBrine is sitting there with 2 overs unused. The sheets says Little bowls the 19th, so he bowls it regardless of his form

I was thinking the same...

18 runs off Adairs final over...

211/5.. looked midway like we might limit them to 185 - 195 or so..

But poor fielding.. expecially the poor wicketkeeping and a total of 13 wides bowled too... 2.1 overs of wides in a T20... unforgivable...

We won't chase this down.

It's the same tactics game after game. When your players aren't as good you need to be smarter, think outside the box. Adair bowling the last over hasn't worked in 4 years trying, why would it work now. I don't blame him, he's our best bowler but he's not a death bowler, stop trying to make him one.

This exact team has been rubbish for 5 years in T20, why are no others getting a chance. They might very well fail, but this team definitely fails, mix it up there's nothing to lose.

Captain falls to a shot more akin to that of a desperate tail ender.. pity.. he look good early on...brain fart however

Exactly.. repeatedly making the same errors.. frustrating

Tector gone.. wont look back at that shot with any fondness...too short to drive.. surely the square cut was the shot.

Delaney gone lbw.. never looked out in real time... replay shows missing by a couple of inches... long conversation.. no review.. poor

Campher piss poor shot goes first ball.. ahh after doing the hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Would that be another glorious loss? South African bowlers showing how to limit scoring in the latter overs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't really follow Irish cricket as much as I did 5 or 6 years ago but watching tonight, if this crowd could squeeze an extra 5 or 10% they'd give most teams a fairly tight game

Advertisement