Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Cricket Season 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A good shout for lbw and the that drop by Singh mannn, that wasn’t difficult but he moved towards it like a grandmother bending down to tie her shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

That Netherlands series. Such a pity we messed it up

letting NZ have a glimmer of hope here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bracewell could win this on his own yet

What was Balbernie hesitating for there? It was a run out easy…

Adair all at sea,we are letting them back in ffs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Not looking good at all anymore

1.2 overs left, 21 needed.

we are starting to look tired and anxious… this was in the bag practically 4 overs ago.

Got lucky there, Adair bowled a wide not called,

then he bowls Ferguson, brilliant, all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Yes Adair!!! 20 off the last over needed but Bracewell on strike.

Adair just swings it back in our favour now, cricket can be so good sometimes

Choking, an international bowler Young without the nouse to go round the wicket.

what was that, 24 from the last ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭hawley

Ffs. Terrible bowling

And ****

• Registered Users Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

well that was a disappointing final over

24 from five balls. Utterly ridiculous stuff. Fair play to New Zealand but tough to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

So disappointing after a very good performance to have that braindead bowling at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Tough to take but glad we’re in it til the end.

He just bowled it right in the slot… length balls… bizarre

one ball to spare….brain dead as mentioned above is apt.

think we are past patting them on the back for good performances… those days are gone, the results are what counts and when we were so ahead of the curve to lose like that….

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Without doubt the worst over bowled by an international cricketer. Bracewell couldn't have picked more perfect lengths himself.

Poor captaincy to. Let the game drift at 6 down and those field placements in the last 10 were shocking. They just let Bracewell have a free run at the little paddle shot, how many runs did he get from that area.

Too many times this team throw away winning positions.

But in true Irish sporting rhetoric on behalf of the team..

it was a good experience

there are positives to be taken from the performance

we have the ability to compete with the best

the crowd really enjoyed themselves

errr, yes, we lost from a practically unbeaten position, erm, and ??? It was a good day out.

#downtothewire

• Advertisement

I'm far too enraged to post a comment. That must be among the most sickening chokes in Irish sporting history.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Was watching at the end, the fella Young was hit for 16 in his previous over. Then was given the last over and was hit for 24. That's 40 in 11 balls. Why was he bowling the last over, can anyone tell me?

It was a toss up between Little and Young. Little had gone for 46 runs in 6 overs, so Young's figures (38 runs off 8 overs) were much better. He's also an experienced 'death' bowler and I assume that the captain thought/hoped that he'd have loosened up a bit after his 9th over. Mind you, even if he had given away 16 runs in his last over we'd have won!

It's the highest final over total (by a distance) in the history of ODI's. Ireland were at 1/500 with a few overs left. I suppose it's what help make the shorter formats so enjoyable.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Got to give some credit for Ireland's batting performance, despite the result. I was slightly concerned when #13 Harry Tector was facing #13 Blair Tickner when Tector was on 13, but Tector had other things on his mind and was out against #13 Tickner when on 113

He was quite happy at this particular moment

Singh's ramp

Is it a bird? No it's a 6

It was an excellent score we posted.

But huge credit to Michael Bracewell. He was the difference…. All very well questioning some of our bowlers but his 127 from 82 was a superb knock…. A strike rate of 154.88 and of that 127, 82 were boundaries.

Youngs lengths… jeeez.. death bowler ? Well we sure died a death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭decies

One of the most shambolic efforts in captaincy I have ever seen in the last few overs , totally clueless about field positions . The days of moral victories are well gone , in order for cricket to get more of a media presence we need to win these margins I know the margins are slim but Christ snatching defeat from the jaws of victory . What should have being one of our best wins was a crushing victory . I hope they win at least one of these matches against the premier teams .

Yeah agree especially with the moral victory comment..just not good enough anymore….

im sure plenty of diehards out in Rush, Malahide, Belfast etc especially people directly involved will credit the important improvements in the team but there comes a time when that ends and winning is the sole barometer of success. Now for Ireland it has to be.

I just felt compelled to check Youngs stats…

33 at his next birthday..

Played 33 ODIs

Batting average : 7.6

top score : 12

Wickets : 56 ( average 1.6 wickets a match )

Bowling Econ 5.44

——————————

Played 49 International T20s

Batting average : 7.11

top score : 22

Wickets : 64 ( average 1.3 wickets a match )

Bowling Econ 7.83

——————

Youngs second last over went for 16…

40 runs in two overs.. that was the losing of it. 40 runs 🥺

might sound like I’m scapegoating him but jeeez..it’s international sport I’m afraid

• Advertisement

He also took a good catch on the boundary to get rid of Tucker who was looking good. (Mind you, his bowling figures weren't the best!)

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Advertisement