Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

In the time between Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony yesterday and today, has there been any denial or rebuttal of her statement by anyone that Trump had instructed the Secret Service to remove the metal detectors being used to detect weapons on the approach to his speech stage?

I copied this "June 28, 2022, 7:56 p.m. ET Zolan Kanno-Youngs. Asked about the claim that Trump urged the Secret Service to remove metal detectors and magnetometers, Anthony Guglielmi, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said, “We have never and would never take direction from a protectee to vacate those principles. We just wouldn’t do it.” from an NYT article but it is NOT a denial or rebuttal of Hutchinson's testimony as it avoids any reference to Trump by name at all issuing the detector removal instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭amandstu

To be fair ,it doesn't read like an attempted denial that Trump asked for the magnetometers to be removed-just that any such request or demand would not be accommodated.(although Trump supporters with limited attention span might take that away from it)

I have been hearing that Trump's security cohort may have had some hard line supporters in it and so the usual applies in that we hope to get the truth from them but cannot rely on that .

I'd imagine that to him, being president, he thought all he had to do is issue an instruction "make it so" and it would be done, regardless of the consequences. Probably a hangover from his previous occupation where he actually was the boss and didn't reckon on the invisible restraints that surround use of the presidential authority. Hopefully some-one on the committee will ask the question of the Secret Service at a hearing [in recorded private or public session] and get a full answer, not one intended to brush past an awkward question.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump definitely believed that as President he was all powerful and fully autonomous.

Given that he came from a family business where as Boss he effectively was "all-powerful" , even if incompetent he really couldn't wrap his head around the idea that he'd have to run things past other people or get support before he could do things.

Setting aside all of his clear and obvious character flaws , the fact that he never had to work with a Board of Directors or Shareholders etc. really made his supposed "business acumen" utterly useless as preparation for the role of President.

There's one thing I assume that the GOP political operatives [senators & congresspersons] will have learned from their Trump experience is that they will select one of their own schooled members next time, some-one who will stick to the telephone or closed GOP meeting-room for heated conversation, not a rank outsider like Trump who could run riot within the GOP again.

I am not sure as to whether or not the Democratic party ever had to sit and suffer while their own incumbent railed and attacked its senators like Trump did with the GOP and his own Attorneys General [plural] on a regular basis openly over the public media. In that regard, I expect the GOP to select a competent opponent whom the Democrats will [be able to] face up to and do deals with differently than the impossible Trump. Both parties must know that deals done differently than to the Trump rule-book are a better option for both in the long run.

I expect both parties will have their senators, congress-members and candidates take media-schooling courses and learn how to handle the internet media sources better for starters. The actual GOP party rule-book will probably change as well laying out internal punishments for people who try to ride rough-shod over others in its ranks and if one does not exist, it will probably be written for its Washington operatives across both houses so Trumpism cannot happen again.

On the USSC front, Ketanji Brown Jackson is to be sworn in to sit on it as the 116th justice after Justice Stephen Breyers retirement letter takes effect at mid-day. The Journal.ie report included the next few lines in its report of the upcoming swearing-in of the new Justice.

Earlier in the day the court is expected to issue its final opinions in a momentous and rancorous term that included overturning Roe v Wade’s guarantee of the right to an abortion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

he made one of his security detail, Tony Ornato, a deputy Chief of Staff in the white house..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Indeed - And he is the guy that is denying that he told Hutchinson the Limo story - The same guy that denied a few other stories that have been verified independently - in particular the story about the attempts to make Pence leave the Capitol so he couldn't preside over the certification.

Given that he went from Secret Service to WH Gig under Trump , his "independence" is definitely questionable.

He's back in the Secret Service now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,754 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why would you assume that? The GOP have got exactly what they wanted. They only have an issue with Trump if he doesn't deliver for them. Once he continues to have support, the GOP have shown, consistently, that they have no problem with what he does or how he carries on.

The man basically led a attempted coup, which included the threat of hanging a very senior and respect elder of the GOP party. Hell, even Pence doesn't seem to have too much of an issue with that.

My thinking is that Trump diverted GOP voters away from it to his own brand of politics along with his continuing use of those voters to divert funding away from it for his putative 2024 election campaign. Given his behaviour towards the GOP, he's the classic example of what he calls a RINO. One other thing is that any GOP senator thinking of running for 2024 will have to sway GOP voters back to the fold from Trump for funding and votes. Every cent counts. It's noticeable that the [cant think of his name now] multi millionaire who declared he would use his personal funds to block Trumps 2019 bid did not apparently do so. EDIT: If he were to actually throw his fortune open to the other than Trump GOP candidate, that would be a sign that whatever control Trump has is slipping away like shifting sands.

Trump used the GOP as a personal carriage to the office and [IMO] wouldn't care one whit if the party folded and it's voters turned to him en masse. He split a good few away from the GOP for that purpose in 2019.

The class example of that is his Capitol Insurrection bid using his peace rally. Check the GOP witnesses voluntarily testifying to the committee, all of whom are solid GOP members disenchanted with the revelation of Trump's true colours. I wouldn't think there'd be much chance of Pence nominating Trump for 2024 if De Santis or some other GOP person has put his/her name into the ring. The odds that Trump doesn't have a lot of Washington and out-of-district GOP politicians waiting to return favours he didn't do them is strong.

Edit: I meant to post this as a reply to you earlier but typed it as a fresh post by error.

Post edited by aloyisious on

• Advertisement

Re the future in the way the GOP proceeds electorally in two states, A: Florida and B: New York, can anyone familiar with the GOP scene in either/both states tell me how things are proceeding in those states GOP-wise for Don Trump senior and his family.

A: Would there be any alignment or meeting of minds between Gov De Santis and Don Jnr or other of Don Snr's kids in Florida on securing the GOP future there for both Gov De Santis and the Trumps?

B: Are Don Snr and his family totally blown out of any chance of involvement in NY GOP politics there now [even with Rudy in their background]?

I don't see the the junior Trumps losing interest in GOP politics at this stage of their life careers.

Post edited by aloyisious on

Bloomberg?Maybe his money would not be welcomed by people standing against Trump?

Was that one reason he did not put his funds at the disposal of the Dems in the last election? - it could have backfired (and the Dems were already and rightly, as it turned out fairly confident that Trump could not beat Biden.

A declining of any offer of financial support for electoral success in order to make it clear the candidate was electorally honest and without ties to anyone intent on using his wealth to pursue Trump? entirely possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I dunno if am answering the question correctly, but it is fascinating to ponder what happens the Trump regime once Sr vanishes from the public eye and passes away. The problem for the kids is MAGA is all about one man and nobody really cares about the kids. They don't have any sort of charisma whatsoever compared to their father who has oozed it for decades. Maybe JR will try and something politically but the other two nope.

I doubt the establishment GOP will be hugely interested in doing much with the kids for those reasons either.

On the hearings, while I don't think they have delivered a knockout blow when it comes to the devoted, I do think the big hitters behind the scenes must be absolutely fed up of Trump by now. If he runs and even wins its another 5 years of having to put up with him.

DeSantis, Haley etc all look less stressful in comparison.

Some more on the potential for the Supreme Court to hand Trump a spurious win in 2024.

Well - If they decide the wrong way in a current case , it's game over - the GOP will "win" in 2024 no matter how people vote.

The Supreme Court’s announcement on Thursday that it will hear Moore v. Harper, a case that could concentrate an unprecedented amount of power in gerrymandered state legislatures, should alarm anyone who cares about democracy.

The case is perhaps the gravest threat to American democracy since the January 6 attack. It seeks to reinstate gerrymandered congressional maps that were struck down by North Carolina’s highest court because they “subordinated traditional neutral redistricting criteria in favor of extreme partisan advantage” for the Republican Party.

Basically - If they concur here and reinstate the wildly gerrymandered maps in NC , they effectively give the State level legislature almost unlimited power to decide the outcomes of elections and remove the ability of the Judiciary or even a Governor to overrule them.

4 Justices (Thomas, Alito , Gorsuch and Kavanaugh) are already onboard as they voted to support this type of thing the last time it came up.

The "new vote" this time is Amy Coney-Barrett replacing RBG's vote - Hard to hold out much hope that she won't vote with the GOP/Right-wing elements to stop this..

Not following this(head in hands) but is it possible to prosecute the SC for dereliction of duty if they seem likely to abett the falsification of elections?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jesus, the country swirls around the plug hole, the water level dropping a millimetre at a time. Kinda seeing why there are those screaming at the Democrats to fight fire with fire; they're going to wake up and realise they've lost power for 50 years thanks to the GOP stealing democracy from right under their watch.

Christ they can't even get their act together to kill off the filibuster, a mechanic by now everyone recognises as a pox upon linear governance.

If Clarence Thomas sticks with his decision that the USSC should leave state matters in state hands and NOT make precedent decisions which affect the states, he theoretically should will not interfere with the NC court decision, letting it stand.

On from the USSC decision that the prior Roe V Wade ruling was wrong and set it aside as the right to abortions were not in the constitution, it interfered with matters best left to state legislators, Alabama's AG is using it to argue for a transgender medication ban as; quote. gender confirmation treatments are not “deeply rooted in our history or traditions,” and therefore should be banned.

Law cases are so interlinked in the US due to how the USSC ruling in one case can then used to overturn other dis-similar cases. I looked for info on the Alabama AG's decision and was referred on to the Dobbs [a Mississippi abortion clinic] ruling on abortions in Mississippi in 2018 whereby other courts overturned state legislation. He's using the Mississippi case to affirm last weeks ruling operates as a precedent across all the US states.

• Advertisement

It seems that things remain the same in the inner circle.

Rudy Giuliani on his twitter account earlier today: The January 6 Witch Hunt Cabal has now exceeded even its prior fraudulent. The last witness was a reckless liar. Contrary to her false testimony she was never present when I asked for a pardon. Actually I told the president I did not want or need one.

Giuliani later deleted that tweet, adjusted his account settings so only people he follows or mentions can reply and followed it up with another: Rudy W. Giuliani @rudygiuliani. I NEVER asked for a pardon. I didn't need one. I NEVER lied nor did anything wrong. Friends suggested anyone in the inner circle should because the lying radical left try to frame innocent people.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

It is very Bart Simpson.

'She was never present when I asked for a pardon' followed by 'I never asked for a pardon'. Oh, Rudi - that is the Bart Simpson denial - 'I never did it, no-one saw me!'

Now one of those two Judi Giuliani tweets is a contradiction of the other - or vice versa.

Sometimes the text message sails by me. Rudy admitted, inter alia, that Trump [his client] offered him a pardon and he declined it. That is what is readable from Rudy saying he never asked Trump for a pardon. Rudy also stated in the written text friends suggested anyone in the inner circle should because the lying radical left try to frame innocent people. Trump made references to pleading the 5th implies guilt in the past "the mob take the fifth". Trump making the pardon offer to Rudy looks very similar.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

As I said before. They won. They’ve packed the court and the statehouses. They had a plan and it worked. 2024 could be the culmination of it all. They’ve torn the system to pieces and rebuilt it so they can’t really lose.

Time to watch it burn to the ground and hope we can stay safe.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If anyone wants to hear my rant about US styles Liberals, let me know. They brought a knife to a gun fight and lost

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Like I said before, making climate change and environmental stuff in general a "left wing" issue was bloody genius by the oil companies et al. It's feckin pathetic but it'll continue once there's money involved.

Still apt Jesus, 28 years later.

• Advertisement

For light relief, if Trump is getting you down, watch Buzz Aldrin's expression as he stands beside Don at a July 2017 speech by Don about outer space. BTW, Buzz is a republican and he has confirmed as fake the tale that he said not punching Don Trump was his greatest achievement.

CNN is reporting on the testimony of Attorney Cipollone before the house committee for 8 hours without apparently contradicting the testimony of earlier witnesses AND also running an interview with the FBI director Chris Wray in which he said its investigation will follow the trail regardless of whom it upsets [or words to that effect].

It seems some person has gotten word to CNN of a strange tale that Don Trump is considering withdrawing executive privilege from Steve Bannon where it comes to the committee meeting Bannon for interview and/or testimony. I'm minded to treat this tale with scepticism even though I'd like to see if Trump's executive privilege wall was crumbling an he was going to throw Bannon under the bus.

Another strange tale on CNN is that one of the major militia members who supported the Capitol insurgency bid is supposed to be talking to the committee about testifying in OPEN SESSION before it. I'd be very sceptical about allowing such a person access to a public stage to make a political statement to justify that bid regardless to any right to put forward a defence to one's illegal actions as the committee hearing are not trial proceedings and definitely not something similar to that given to Hitler and Co during their trial after their Munich Putsch bid in 1923, just over a century ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There is no way they will give a platform to that Oath Keepers guy. He will have plenty of time to talk when he is in the witness box at his trial

The Irish Times and various US media outlets [incl Fox News] have reported in the past few hours that Steve Bannon's lawyer sent the committee a letter on Saturday to the effect that Bannon will testify before it. This is after former president Trump said he would withdraw the executive privilege claim both claimed exists AFTER Trump fired Bannon BEFORE they consulted in the run-up to the attack on the Capitol, meaning Bannon was a private citizen as a result of said firing. Mr Trump sent a different letter for Bannon's attention [in the possession of Bannon's lawyer] containing a statement that he would waive that executive privilege claim because he was angered with the way the committee was presenting the hearings. Mr Trump, according to the reports, wrote in his letter to Bannon "If you reach an agreement on a time and place for your testimony, I will waive executive privilege for you, which allows for you to go in and testify truthfully and fairly, as per the request of the unselect committee of political thugs and hacks". The next committee hearings are planned for Tuesday [tomorrow] and Thursday. I suppose the crux of any testimony from Bannon will be what one defines as truthful and fair testimony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They'll interview and record him beforehand, as they have with all witnesses, if he contradicts himself whilst giving testimony then he'll be charged with perjury

• Advertisement

Is this "fake news" as usual from the extended Trump group - with a Bannon lawyer sending a letter to the committee containing a message from former president Trump to the effect that Trump will be withdrawing any executive privilege Trump claimed covered any conversation Trump had with Bannon? Embarrassing for the Bannon lawyers firm for it to turn out the Trump letter and other letters the Bannon lawyer claimed to have in possession on behalf of Bannon DO/DID NOT, IN FACT, EXIST.

Definitely "oh dear" for the lawyer to get caught out in disseminating false information which the law societies will be reading about in the papers.

Judge Carl Nichols has refused to delay Bannon's trial for contempt of Congress [which the DOJ is prosecuting] next Monday after Bannon's lawyers sought a weeks adjournment from that date to allow them prepare a defence. The judge also threw out Bannon's claim of executive privilege. The judge ruled that the prosecutors only needed to prove that Bannon acted "deliberately" and "intentionally" to defy the select committee - not that he knew it was wrong or illegal. That [IMO] lessens the burden of proof for the prosecutors.

Judge Nichols also ruled "Bannon cannot present evidence that he relied on internal DOJ opinions or assertions of executive privilege". I'm reading that to refer to opinions or assertions of former Trump era AG's, Deputy & Assistant AG's from within the DOJ about executive privilege covering things discussed between Trump and former staffers like Bannon.

Allegedly Bannon's lawyer made a statement asking "what's the point of going to trial" after the judge made his rulings.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney has ordered Senator Lindsey Graham to obey the County's Special Criminal Grand Jury order to appear before it and testify on 02 August despite his claims of executive privilege, apparently covering his asking Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger to re-examine certain absentee ballots cast in Georgia to explore the possibility of a more favourable vote result for former president Trump there. It's fairly obvious that the Senator will try to get the judge's order overturned in some higher court.

The discussion between the CNN panel after the public transmission of todays committee hearing and testimony showings seems to indicate the intent of the hearings is to sway the voters of both parties towards a verdict on Trump [should he signal an intent to stand again] in the next election AND not a verdict of a trial jury. Let's say the hearings seek a de facto, not a de jure, estimate be made in the minds of the US electorate on whether it would be safe for the US to vote for him again, given his political platform and the kind of strange close confidants he keeps as personal campaign advisers, extra to the group inclusive of his campaign manager.

The inclusion of Senator Mitch McConnell shown on tape during the hearing declaring Joe Biden to be the newly elected President before the coup bid is clearly meant to be a guiding light for the regular voters in the next election.

Who is the Trump attorney who claimed Trump never gave Bannon executive privilege coverage over their conversations?

Seems to be have been Justin Clark

Department of Justice prosecutors revealed that former President Trump’s lawyer Justin Clark was interviewed by FBI investigators on June 29. According to Politico, the DOJ revealed the interview had taken place early Monday through a court filing related to the criminal contempt case against former Trump advisor Steve Bannon.

According to Assistant U.S. Attorney Amanda Vaughn, Clark has contradicted statements made by Bannon, who has long claimed that his correspondence with Clark allows Trump to invoke executive privilege over Bannon’s testimony.

Vaughn told Politico that Clark testified “that the former President never invoked executive privilege over any particular information or materials,” and “that [Bannon’s] attorney misrepresented to the Committee what the former President’s counsel had told” him. Clark allegedly went on to say that “the former President’s counsel made clear to [Bannon’s] attorney that the letter provided no basis for total noncompliance.”

Umm, so it's either down to A: two lawyers and their two clients muddying the pre-appearance waters or B: me giving Mr Clark the benefit of the doubt in respect of him doing his honest duty as a lawyer and not giving the same benefit to Mr Trump, Mr Bannon and MR Bannon's lawyer. I won't do much head scratching on my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

A silly question perhaps, but if you are no longer in a role, such as President, how can a former President withdraw a Presidential executive privilege. surely only a current President can do such a thing? I am just wondering. Truly not a clue about the processes in the US.

In the case of Trump , he still thinks he's President and also thinks that being President is the same as being Emperor such that whatever he says is the law.

However like almost everything Trump says or does , he is wrong.

As a former President you do have some degree of ability to request/apply privilege but that is superceded by the sitting President.

I believe the flow is that the former person is asked their opinion and given some time to provide the reasons behind why they agree/disagree but the current person can decide to overrule them - This has already happened regarding some of the information around January 6th where Biden revoked privilege for various records.

Ultimately any final decision resides with the current President , but they do have to be careful about setting precedent even if they really want to release info from a previous administration.

• Advertisement

It's probable that Trump think's, as he made the offer, he's the only one who can withdraw it and definitely not the one who "stole" the elected office from him.

On the issue of theft of elected public office, given what he tried to do on the 06th, the offence of attempted theft could be laid at his door.

Or just a calculation that by pretending to exercise presidential prerogatives it will keep his followers believing the rest of his arsical pronouncements (pun intended and a cure for such now patented)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The follow-up to Roe v. Wade keep coming; the latest? In Missouri, pregnant women can't file for divorce: because Missouri now says the unborn child is a person, a divorce proceeding must wait until birth when custody can officially take place. Obviously this may only effect a very small percentage of women but that is hardly the point. I'm reading an increasingly hostile dogmatism that's refusing to allow any exceptions - the most disgusting being the recent refusal to acknowledge rape victims as valid exceptions - even 10 year old ones.

Meanwhile, some IVF patients are moving their embryos across state lines; why? Cos of a legitimate worry that if anti-abortion really kicks into high gear, even embryos will be considered "human" - at which point IVF providers enter the fray given they will be the ones storing - and destroying - those embryos. Kentucky are apparently trying to push for a law to do just this; recognising anything post-fertilisation as a person. Effectively shuttering IVF clinics there. It's madness unravelling in real-time.

One might assume there is a whiff of "ethics" from the thought processes of those coming up with these law changes. It sounds a bit unfair if one partner in a marriage on the rocks cannot divorce because of an unborn person but the other partner may be in an effort to avoid child support etc. Re IVF and embryos, I hadn't even give a thought about that, let alone surrogacy.

As for the actuality of the rape case, it seems there is a degree of opportunism behind what are basically crude statements from three sources. It would serve justice well if the doctor's legal agents make the A.G concerned pay dearly for his misspoken words and intent, whatever could be done about the media troll.

The moving across state lines seems to be a thing of the here and now, with the USSC decision destroying privacy thereby allowing state agencies to attempt to pursue people across state lines, possibly using mobile phone data to find out what locations the people visited/were in while out of state. The Ads offering free camping/tourist accommodation with good intent to out-of-state visitors seem likely to multiply, though I've no doubt the "ethical" people will try to use that idea to engage with pregnant women and girls to ensure abortion time limits will elapse before abortion services can be used.

Melania Trump said in an interview with Fox News earlier today that she was not aware of the violence at the Capitol on the 06th Jan as she was performing her 1st Lady duties in the White House, as other 1st ladies did before her time, taking archive photos of the house interior with a photo crew following works on the house. She said her COS, Stephanie Grisham, was not in the White House on January 6, and her behavior in her role as Chief of Staff ultimately amounts to dereliction of duty. "In fact, Ms. Grisham failed to provide insight and information into the events surrounding January 6 as she had abandoned her post in Washington, D.C.". "Shamefully, this behavior has only partially become public knowledge; yet was consistent for Ms. Grisham."

She added: "It is evident that Grisham’s recent betrayals are a last-ditch attempt to resuscitate her ruined career and reputation."

An accusation by a Trump that the COS was guilty of dereliction of duty on the 06th while the Capitol insurgency was ongoing is refreshing to hear.

Rats attacking each other.

However not actually doing her job is something Grisham is well known for.

Apparently she denied what Stephanie testified to the committee what was in the text messages. I'll have to go looking to see if Melania used one of the versions of the 4-letter word to indicate there was a degree of untruth in what Stephanie testified to but my immediate memory has it that the former 1st lady did make it clear in the Fox interview that that was so. Hopefully this link will work and make things clearer. EDIT: One part of Melania's statement making reference to Stephania underlining the point Melania accused Stephanie of trying to maintain relevancy looks similar in nature to the comment Don made about the staffer who testified last week before the committee about Don and the Secret Service altercation in the SUV "she asked me for a job on my staff in Florida and I said no" with more said by him to indicate she wasn't any good.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=8d552172324a1cc0JmltdHM9MTY1ODQ4MTQ4MCZpZ3VpZD0xNjY1NjM0Yy01ZDkwLTRlYjYtYTBkMC0yMTgwNmE5NjE3M2QmaW5zaWQ9NTE1Mw&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=2e601cbf-099f-11ed-8561-d586917e6aee&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZm94bmV3cy5jb20vcG9saXRpY3MvbWVsYW5pYS10cnVtcC1zYXlzLWZ1bGZpbGxpbmctb2ZmaWNpYWwtZHV0aWVzLWZpcnN0LWxhZHktamFuLTYtYWx3YXlzLWNvbmRlbW4tdmlvbGVuY2U&ntb=1

The stalking horses commence: 2015s SCOTUS decision legalising same-sex marriage is next, if alleged human Ted Cruz is to be believed....

• Advertisement

Time for other religions and beliefs, and others, who believe the USSC Obergefell V Hodges decision on same-sex marriages was and is correct legally where equality on civil marriage in the US constitution is concerned to join forces again against those who don't agree with civil equality under that constitution and get them where it hurts. Wipe away the strain of their uncivil hypocrisy.

Advertisement