Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport security waiting times

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It was long yesterday morning around 6.15, longer than the security queue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Flown a few times over the last 2 months and seems Ryanairs system is working best, I plan to travel with family this time on Saturday morning (with Ryanair) for a 7am flight and need to do a bag drop. Would I be right in thinking getting there for 4.30am would be good timing?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Should be ok, give it an extra 30 mins if you can though, to allow for parking and it being a saturday, end of schools etc. Ryanair's strength is the automatic bag drop, it's able to handle big numbers

End of schools didnt think of that ! Will add an extra 30 mins. Will update the thread on my progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Is there a specific time that Ryanair bag drop opens before a flight departs? Their website does not appear to be updated - and they don't mention anything beyond 2 hrs.

• Advertisement

I think they have removed the 2 hour limit but haven't said anything. I checked in a bag about 2h20m before a flight recently. Others had mentioned that it previously didn't accept a bag before 2 hours but I reckon they've changed it. It worked for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Anyone know if all passengers have to go to bag drop for Ryanair? Would like to send my wife and kids through security while I do bag drop for an early flight next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

No need for everyone to be there. You can do the drop on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That'll be my plan. Not having the three kids standing with me if I have to queue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Do you need two sets of boarding passes to allow you to do bag drop for other family members who have a bag to be dropped while they’ll need boarding passes to get through security?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭trellheim

You can do this by storing the passes in the wallet on your phone and scrolling through them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The bag is linked to one boarding pass, not all, so make sure to know which one.

Got to the airport at 3.40 am at T1 we had to go through a queue system before entering the terminal and that took 20mins

Bag drop took 15 mins.

Security took 20 mins.

There was a queue for the coffee longer than the security queue.

Was about 1 hour too early but totally hassle free so I am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭cson

Airport saying 9/10 pax getting through in under 30 minutes now. They definitely deserve credit for getting on top of the situation, it seems to be persisting on the continent.

https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/status/1549104631078346752

That's true, but, I was thinking the same thing for a flight last weekend, and thinking I'd surely be through in 30-40 mins. However they don't include the endless zig-zag walking through barriers in the car parks and the queue to get into the terminal to join said 30 minute security queue....so it's a bit meaningless to say that people get through in 30 minutes, whilst ignoring the other queuing times. Having said that, I managed car-park to post-security in under an hour, so I'm not complaining, I think they're doing a fine job under the circumstances. But you cannot depend on the 30 minutes security queue for planning your arrival time.

It was really ridiculous, we walked from the shuttle drop off, into the ground level of the multi storey car park, up and down through the barriers (as in walked all the time ,no queue) then out of that car park, up the escalator to departures level, back into the car park, zig-zag through all of that, again no actual queue, walking all the time, then across the bridge and into a queue to enter the terminal. One felt like an absolute pleb walking up and down a car park...there was no reason for it as there was no queue, all it did was add walking time to reach the final queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭toshiba1

No problem this morning.

I left Athlone @ 8am, parked in Red Car park and past Security at 10:10…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

If that was through T1, then that is sleepy time. It's the morning and afternoon peaks that are the issue when all of the DUB based aircraft depart in a very confined time period.

T2 has a slightly different wave with the Trans Atlantics going off later in the morning with big loads which sees T2 busier than T1.

Re: Queuing walk to enter the terminal. They should have an ability to bypass that when not needed.

Oh I know. There were even people in the terminal standing there just telling people to 'keep moving' when the queue moved and then saying nothing when the queue was stopped. They're overstaffed landside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Took an hr to get through the queues to get pass security just now. 2 queues outside the airport. The one at car drop off then the one just outside airport gate. Then when you get into airport then q to to security q, then into proper security q. So guts of an hr to get through all the queues. Didn't q for burger King etc. As seemed v busy at the pubs and restaurants etc. Flight in an hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Flew to CDG in Paris last Monday (18th). We arrived at T2 in Dublin Airport a little after 10am (our flight was at 2pm) and we did the bag drop and got through security in probably half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Flight next week at 4pm on a Thursday, usually I would get there for 2pm, but I'm considering getting there at 1pm due to queues. Has anyone had a 4pm flight recently how was T1 queues? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

Have a look at the waiting times in the Dublin Airport app this Thursday afternoon to get a some indication of the queue times

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭cson

Took 1h20m from getting out of the taxi to being in 51st & Green on Monday 25th.

Would have been faster except they insist on joining the regular check in desk queues to get a boarding pass (otherwise I'd have been straight through to security and saved ~25 minutes as I didn't have a bag to check). I'm sure its requested by the airlines, but the staff they have in the check in queue asking you about your trip to the US annoy the shite of me. Those questions are for CBP tbh, there's so much duplication of process to get from check in to post CBP.

12 mins at Terminal 1 today @9am including Ryanair bag drop

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I went saturday morning, less than 3 minutes from scanning boarding pass, to getting through security.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Was busy but reasonable when I went through last week.

Was lazily browsing on my phone in a 20 minute q when I was agressively told by one of the checkers to put it away (I was about 10 people away from starting the unpacking process).

I was not videoing or taking photos so not sure what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Twice through DUB over the weekend, was nice and clear (both late night flights). Baggage area was still a mess but I don't travel with checked in baggage so not really my area.

On this, sometimes you'll get people faffing around taking calls/making calls, tweets, insta etc. They then get to the top of the queue and are shocked to realise they have to engage their brain again. Not what you were doing but it's why the security people are over the top about phone use when getting close to the area. You, no doubt, are able to quickly close you phone and pop it into a tray but there are a lot of people who struggle with the basics out there. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There are signs that say no mobile phones in the area iirc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

So they leave you in a queue for half and hour before they deign to serve you and they regulate any ability to make use of that time in the queue?

Lovely people.

• Advertisement

It only applies once you are within the secure area, not the queue for it.

Advertisement