Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport security waiting times

Options
  • 07-09-2021 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,180 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know what the current situation is with waiting times for security at dublin airport T1? there was chaos at the weekend with long waiting times. I'm flying out on friday afternoon so can I expect similar long waiting times? am I better off paying for the fast track?

Comments

Similar situation for me this weekend, I however am departing before 0600.

Fast track isn't available apparently. Whether that's to use the extra staff or its sold out I don't Know. The DAA let too many staff go and haven't started recruiting yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm guessing there may have been a run on fast track bookings following the reports lately of chaos and flights missed.

I've booked it for a 6am flight near the end of the month, I'm not taking any chances!!

Annoyed to have missed out on the free offer that was going for a day or so this week 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Get there early. Fast Track (ha!) was anything but with queues in T1 around filling the departures floor.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Flying this week and booked fast track, Mr PC used FT last week and it was fine. If you are Ryanair try add it to your booking (it will show on your boarding card) it might work if the site isn't it means your slot is sold but could get luck with RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Anybody want a spare 5am fast track for T1, friday morning.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,180 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

One further question if I may. I've checked in for my flight on Friday and in the section for boarding passes it says the following. I've never seen that before. I've always had my boarding pass on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Folks, it may be an option for you; if you are not physically checking in at T1 (carry on only), you can use T2 security and walk across to T1 airside.

It is fairly easy, I’ve done it loads of times. T2 is currently a lot quieter due to EI not operating anything resembling its old schedule. You can even book the fast track at T2.

I’m one of those people who hates queuing and doesn’t mind walking whatsoever (actually enjoy getting the steps up). If you are getting the bus to the airport, they always drop off T2 and then T1. It’s a short walk into the terminal, press the top floor on the lift. Exit the lift and fast track is on your left. No stress of T1.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

came through fast track at 6 about 4 people in front of us took 5 minutes, real security looked very busy and they were filtering people over to the fast track conveyor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Went through security in normal manner this week and it was probably quicker than normal, maybe ten minutes total or less

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Afternoon 4-5 (got there early because of stories from previous week) and Terminal 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Quick question, I'm fully vaccinated, going to airport next Friday. Do I need to get a covid test? If so, can I do this in the airport before my flight? Or do I need to go to my doctor or pharmacy the day before?

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Depends on the entry requirements of wherever you are flying too, but probably not.

I'm going to the UK in the morning. So UK and Ireland rules apply. It appears I need nothing but my passport for Ryanair. Common Travel Area. But to come back to Dublin, I need to upload a locator form and maybe show by covid vaccination in the app.

Going to the Netherlands for a few nights.

I guess I'll try and figure out what they do in the Netherlands at the airports there. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks guys :)

Just gone through fast track in T1. About 3 mins at 5.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

There was chaos for less than 4 hours on ONE morning due to incorrect information regarding number of passengers expected being relayed.

Wait time was less than 20 mins before 0500 on saturday morning. Amazed to see so many passengers with their sheet together ready to get scanned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I went through Tuesday morning. Security took about 15 minutes and the check in desk for Lufthansa took about 35 minutes with 60-70 in front of me. Lufthansa wont issue a digital boarding pass without seeing the Covid cert or PCR. Luxair on the way home just checked everything at the gate and issued the pass as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Went through Wednesday morning - self check in Ryanair and then through security in less than 5 minutes. This was at 9am to UK - nothing checked either side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

T2 fasttrack now opens at 5am 7 days, was previously 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I wonder will they remove the €5 early morning tax that they have applied since their security queues could not be maintained?

I never minded paying €7.99 in the morning and with a coffee thrown in, it was worth it to clear straight through. Now it is €5 more expensive, quite blocked up because so many are doing the same because they know the security can be the best part of 30 minutes of shuffling along. And then there is no incentive to book early to get a cheaper rate. They must be making a pretty penny getting an additional €13 off so many passengers, by under performing at the main area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭trellheim

You have to keep those cushy senior DAA salaries going. They could instead be using that hefty passenger screening charge to actually staff all the belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The tax is still there

I was the first through at 5am last time, I hadn't expected to see it open.

Same as you bikeman always did it as it was ok at that price, really can't see me using it now its gone up. Due to fly next week, anyone know what T1 queues like at 6am atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

Safe to say T1 Friday night departing 2000 will be chockablock?

Best use fast track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

How many flights depart late evening? Very few, I'd have thought.

Advertisement