Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I wonder which lady in Summer Bay will be his first friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I really like Tane and Felicity as a couple actually.

Jasmine and Cash are incredibly boring together.

I like Mac and Logan together too - they've had some smart, funny dialogue that's been better than the usual H&A standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Pistachio19

I feel sorry for Jasmine. It was tough finding out her dad had gone on to bring up 2 more kids yet didn't bother to get her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Well thanks be to feck Mia has left the Bay.

She was 1 serious pain in the ass. Only pity is Chloe didn't head off with her

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Feckin Hilarious recovery from coma into up and talking in five seconds flat by Lazarus there (aka Tane)

Next time the first aid box needs restocking I'll head to the local hospital. Walk in, take what I want, walk out. No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Then Dean and Mack call up the guy who arranged the heavies and threaten him. I’m surprised the guy didn’t pee himself laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

i reckon they must have someone in third class writing the storylines these days…

• Advertisement

Most definitely. That whole Tane getting stabbed story was beyond ridiculous. As if a doctor wouldn't have insisted on an ambulance, despite his stupid girlfriend being the cause of the stabbing. Yesterday finished with the guy in the boot of the car but today there wasn't a mention of it. Guess we will have to wait til Monday or maybe this day week to find out what happens there.

Bella and Chloe leave, Ziggy becomes pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

god, just looking over at the Neighbours thread, I dont know what Id do if we lost Home and Away!! 🤣

I thought Robbo then Jasmine owned the flat over the diner that Belle, Dean and Mack etc., lived in

I think Colby was renting it and let Robbo move in, and after Colby went to prison Dean took over the lease. It sounded like Colby had paid the rent in advance for a year or so, then Dean sublet to Mac.

Do the Astonis still own it or did they sell the whole pier complex? I forget

Oh yes Ziggy's father owned the whole pier complex, now I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Did he not have to sell all of that to pay for his court case that time? If Ziggys dad owned it then they wouldnt be kicking Mac out would they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Mudderajayziz..... does no-one in Summer Bay ever get tired of Irene, Leah, Marilyn and Roo sticking their oar into their business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Xander most annoying character ever.

Who was most good and most evil characters ever in H+A?? My nominations are Good - Robbo, Evil - Jake Piravic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Home and Away might not be on Monday as not shown in U.K. Friday.

That seems like a stupid decision by Tane to go undercover. And wearing a skimpy tshirt them Bikies were pretty dumb not to spot it when he was asking so many weird questions. It was at such an early stage of the criminal partnership and Bikies hadn’t even got too heavy with him by then. Such drastic decisions and then over the top police reaction results in death and tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Spot on! Surely there is a bulge from the wire regardless of how well it is taped on!

The less Tane wears the better for me

Jasmine's exit was stupid, they could have recast, she'd surely want to see Cash as he nearly died

Kate the rapist was bad and then trying to redeem him with his victim's sister, what a ludicrous absurb disgusting storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Thought that myself - a video message/call wouldn't have went a miss either! Didn't Bella do that?

It doesn't exactly paint her character in the best light if she does come back in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

yes, really stupid exit......and. as if she wouldnt call... Cash could've even just said 'oh just off the phone with Jasmine, I told her not to come see me the bit%h'!

This new blonde girl that is after Marylin looks a bit like Nicole from few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think you hit the nail on the head, but not sure exactly where this is going.

She is Marilyn's daughter who goes nuts, taking hostages

Do ye think Justin and Leah relationship is normal, or are they having way too much sex?? It seems to me, since they got together they are having a lot of sex, and often it just starts out of nowhere, eg Justin is sitting on the couch watching tv, Leah comes home early from work and drops hint that she is feeling frisky and leads him to the bedroom. Maybe they both have very high sex drives, or is it an accurate portrayal of couple not too long together. I think the writers put in all these sexy stories for Leah after she got her boobs enlarged.

They couldn't let Dean be happy for 5 minutes. It's turning into EastEnders.

H&A on a break on RTE from today until 2nd January - do Channel 5 take a break too? It finished up on a cliffhanger today. Then while switching channels I notice Channel 5 are on today and they are a day ahead of RTE, so looks like I will be switching to Channel 5 now as I can't wait til January to see how this Heather storyline plays out.

The final episode of the year aired on Channel 5 on Friday 18th November.

It will be back on Channel 5 in early January 2023. RTE have to stay behind Channel 5.

The episode shown on RTE on Friday was shown in Australia on Wednesday October 5 2022 - about 6.5 weeks behind. Australia usually shows 6 episodes a week and this year finishes on Monday November 28 2022 with triple episodes.

So a few times now somebody has set their buddy up on ‘Smoulder’ to get them a date. And the other person doesn’t seem to know what ‘Smoulder’ is lol. But if it is the fictional equivalent down under of Tinder, it’s a bit odd that the other person don’t know what it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xander is some cringey dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Photobox

Sick of Dean, Ziggy and the 'grommet'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I love Dean, Ziggy I could take or leave.

I feel like a huge disaster needs to happen to take out a whole bunch of characters though.

Xander & Rose, Cash, Justin - god don't get me started on Justin, I can't bear the big man-child. The entire band. Bree.

Who do I love right now? John Palmer. Irene. Looks like I'd cut it back to being a very small cast, John, Irene, Dean, Nikau. Bring back Cash & Felicity's foster dad, he's a good actor, even if he'll always be John from Sons & Daughters to me (Yes I'm THAT old, I remember watching the very first episode of Home & Away back in the day).

Bring back the school and a teacher or two? It's almost all Salt or The Diner based now - we need some new sets.

Exactly - more sets needed. Did the school just disappear? Roo was working there. What happened her teaching job?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Photobox

I would say we are of the same vintage, i watched it from the very beginning, i remember Bobby, Carly, Frank, Lance, Martin, Ailsa, Floss, Mr Fisher the two Pippas and Tom to name a few 😊and the term shake ache.

Yeah i think its more Ziggy thats annoying than Dean, Xander is also very annoying and pointless character. I like John, Irene, Marilyn, Nikau, Mack. Tane and Felicity sometimes, the lyrik crew are good. I was wondering too what happened to the school. Stopped watching it for a few years.

Sure Leah trained and worked as a guidance counsellor, then when the school disappeared she went back to working in the Diner! No schools in Yabee Creek then? Mangrove River? Reefton Lakes?

Roo was a university lecturer for a bit too, and now spends her time avoiding her private tutoring gig (which consisted of exactly one tutee, ever!) and planning a charity event. What does she do for money?!

I laugh at the way characters disappear, and when their related character still in the soap has a major event, they never show up. Ziggy's parents, Jett, the Maori lady who went back to New Zealand, never to be seen again.

• Advertisement

Yes - I think that was how she ended up lecturing.

Then she somehow became a secondary school teacher.

She has always been roped in to planning and organising events etc, which ties up with the marketing/PR thing too.

I just don't understand why they can't have her get a job in one of the nearby towns or even in "the city", maybe work from home some of the time etc. She does a phenomenal amount of lolling around for a supposedly motivated woman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

It's always amazing how soap characters manage to retrain for new careers in a matter of weeks. Roo went from a wedding planner/PR & marketing to teacher in a very short space of time. I doubt the caravan park is lucrative enough for her to not need a job. Is the bait shop even still open? We've not seen Alf in there in forever.

Marilyn was once upon a time a beautician - now happy to be a waitress? At least Irene & Leah are owners of the Diner so you can see why they're still working there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How come they got rid of the high school/don't show it anymore ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

There are no kids in Summer Bay anymore to teach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement