Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HORIZON Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

I have one Thursday ticket I’d like to swap for Sunday if that’s any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

Owgr prediction is 28 points for winner. 6 million prize fund for that is awful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Big guns lined up for the JP Pro Am, not many folk crossing the pond will want to play Irish Open/JP/Scottish/Open back to back

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭Xander10

I wonder how much JP is splashing out for his Pro-Am.

A good bit, but no appearance fees apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Looks like Kinsale's John Murphy has been given Sharvin's invite, ahead of McKibbin and Dunne who are both still in the Challenge Tour field for Italy and may or may not have asked for one. Big day tomorrow for a lot of Irish players chasing a qualifying spot for St Andrews. Any more details on Alex Maguire? He's the 4th highest ranked Irish amateur in the World List, behind Mark Power, Rob Moran and Matthew McClean so strange he hasn't made a six man Ireland team

Paul Dunne also has received an invite for the Irish Open. Overall I think that we have a great chance of an Irish winner in Mount Juliet come Sunday evening. Niall Kearney could surprise people, playing very well and led the Greens In Regulation stats in Germany last week.

Plenty of Irish involvement in tomorrows Open championship final qualifying, I’m particular looking forward to seeing how last weeks Alps tour winner Gary Hurley gets on. 4 places for St Andrews available in each of the four venues.

Also playing tomorrow is Alex Maguire. I give him a great chance too of qualifying for the 150th Open Championship in just over two weeks time. But only he and Golf Ireland can answer why he wasn’t picked for the Irish team for the Europeans. No doubt there’s something untoward has gone on. Hope that we get some clarity in the coming days regarding Alex falling out of favour with the Golf Ireland selectors.

Alex Maguire playing alongside former winner Sandy Lyle and Marcus Armitage over 36 holes in final qualifying at St Anne's Old Links tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hi Motivator,wouldn't be able to use the Thursday ticket but thanks for swop offer. if yourself or anyone else would use the 2 Sunday tickets I will let them go at a good discount.Anyone interested PM me asap, thanks.

Had intended going but not able to:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

No worries but it was the other comment I was replying to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Are tee times out today?

Lowry and Seamus Power both in the same group and will be joined by England's Tyrell Hatton. They tee off from the tenth holed in round one on Thursday at 8am. Tee times for round one of the Irish Open are in the link below.

https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/horizon-irish-open-2022/tee-times?round=1

Was gonna say, bit of a mute pairing with Padraig given he just won a Snr Major but then I looked at the rest of the field, not the deepest.

Timing just prior to Scottish is a killer...

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Padraig out with defending champion and leading player on race to dubai rankings playing.

Seems a decent pairing.

Seamus might need to block out some swearing with Shane and Hatton

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

That field is desperately poor.

European Tour is in big bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Don't think the field is as bad as some are making out, sure we'd love some more big names especially with the increased prize money. However, there plenty of talent in that field and I'm sure we'll see a worthy winner.

Going on the Sunday and be happy to see any of Shane, Harro, Seamus, Pieters, Hatton, Rai, the Hojgaard twins, Bob or a few others lift the trophy

Only 5 of the world's top 50, including Herbert at 48th, despite a massive increase in the prize fund. Hopefully one of the Irish players gets in contention for the weekend. Contrast with the field for the McManus pro-am is striking.

In the Open Championship qualifying at Fairmont St Andrews a huge congratulations to Dubliner David Carey who will be the leading medalist. St Andrews awaits for Carey. Meanwhile in Princes GC, Galway's Ronan Mullarney is the clubhouse leader at 3 under and will have an anxious hour and a half to see if he will be playing in the 150th Open Championship at the Home of Golf. The top 4 finishers at each of the 4 qualifier venues will qualify for St Andrews in two weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Lads. Heading to the golf for a few days this week. Never been to an event. Any advice on what to bring with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My advice would be to dress like you're playing golf yourself, golf shoes, warm clothes, rain jacket if required. Course guide if you can get one as it's handy to figure out where you are. Little rucksacks can be handy but that's about it, your phone so you can figure out who's winning 😏 and take a few snaps.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thanks Motivator no worries!😉

Those tickets for Sunday still available for anyone with an interest PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

No live coverage until 1pm on first 2 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Heading down on Saturday. Email for travel advice is to follow your sat navigation till you pick up the AA signs for park and ride.

We're getting the train down, anyone know where the park and rides are located? Or best advice on how to get from train station to Mt. Juliet please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Same question for me coming from Carrick-On-Suir side. Is it just a case of keep driving towards Mount Juliet directly until you reach the signs?

How does Park and Ride work?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭paulos53

The field for the Irish Open is far stronger than this weeks PGA Tour event. It just shows how poor this week is on the calendar.

The Irish Open has 5 of the worlds top 50 playing in it. The John Deere has zero. Extend that to the top 100 and it is 12-9 in favour of the Irish Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

With Paddy Power in such good form and Lowry always capable I personally don't really care who else is in the field.

Hopefully one or all of the lads can be in contention come the back 9 Sunday. If that's the case it'll be a great Irish Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Are you getting the train into Kilkenny or is there a stop at Thomastown? I can't find much information if any about the event or transport options on the DP World Tour site. Mount Juliet is about 10 minutes drive from Thomastown so maybe there is park and ride somewhere there but I don't know.

Where are people getting information about park and ride etc? I don't see anything at all on the event section of the European tour site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Not sure what the directions will be but if you can I think get off the M9 at junction 9 and head towards Stoneyford. You take a left at the school there and that's the road that gets you to Mount Juliet, how far you'll get along there I'm not sure but that's the quickest way to get back to the motorway in the evening too, going through Thomastown will be slower and take you longer to get back to the M9. The school is top left corner of this image;

This is the field where everyone was parked last year, that icon for hunters yard is the Main entrance which you can't get near. If you can I'd see if you can get down as far as that car park but it sounds like they won't be letting people get that close this year. It might be that you'll only be allowed as far as Stoneyford and it'll be P & R from there.

Advertisement