Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HORIZON Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Min Woo Lee, Ryan Fox and Lucas Herbert the latest additions. Struggling. Full entry list should be out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Motivator

I’m looking to swap a Thursday ticket for a Saturday or Sunday ticket if anyone is looking for a swap or even has one spare I’ll buy it from you.

No GMac for the Irish Open this year. Playing LIV golf that week instead. His reputation is in tatters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,493 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

As if he cares in all honesty

All that would’ve knowingly went out the window the moment he signed up for LIV anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

It will drop into Category 16c. Poor enough field for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭roverjoyce

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Couple of questions for a first timer heading with a group of mates on the Saturday:

Are there any buses from Kilkenny or is taxi the way to go?

What time should we aim to get there?

Is the grandstand tickets worry it?

Stay in one area or follow the group's? Will be planning on having a few pints so this is key!

How are taxis getting back from the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Doc07

As they say in the states , it’s a ‘no brainer’ he could make about €600k for finishing 10th at LIV and would need to win Irish Open to top that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,874 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm not actually sure about buses but given how crap public transport is I'd doubt it. Mount Juliet is sort of in the middle of nowhere too down a fairly narrow road so not sure too many buses will be going over and back. Taxi will be expensive too just to bear that in mind.

As regards what time to get there it really depends what you want to see, I'm going on the Saturday too and will probably aim for relatively early depending on what the tee times are. You'd want to be there a couple of hours before the last tee time IMO anyway.

If you're planning on pints I'd say stay in one area because there's not a massive amount of toilets and as you go out into the course you're potentially looking at a long trek to a toilet/bar. I think they try to keep the beer drinking to the area around the clubhouse though not certain on that. A good spot is around the 13th green because the par 3 14th is right beside it so you can watch groups play two holes. Theres also some food/drink spots there as well as toilets though I'm not 100% certain if that area sells beer. 18th and 9th green are beside each other and 17th tee is close too but if I remember right from last year they sort of had them blocked off so that you had to walk a long distance to get around to 17th tee even though its only a few yards away from 18th green. Grandstand tickets I have no idea if they're worth it, just seems to get you into an area beside 18th green.

Taxis, Again I wouldn't be too sure on this. I don't remember seeing many taxis around there last year but I'm sure there'll be some. You can expect traffic to be fairly hectic getting out but once you get back to the village it should be fine and its no distance to the motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

There is a bus service for event get it from Kilkenny Castle last bus back is 7.45 book it on www.expressway.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It's a pity they dont play it on a links. Might not get the same field as the Scottish but at least you would getsome who want to get some links practice in

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Might give you an idea main village is between 10th and 16th holes

Where is the Park & Ride pick-up from? Coming from Tipperary side so unsure

There's no parking options at Mount Juliet itself is there no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

From what I can see, there will be AA Signs flagging the P+R one the road there, but its a bit vague, so I'm not sure what road that means.

I believe there is only parking for people with valid wheelchair accessibility tags on site

There is parking, its across the road from the main entrance to Mount Juliet which is slightly down the road from where the fans entrance is when the tournament is on. Its just a few fields (or it was last year) but it might be a bit larger this time as there's no restrictions on crowds this year. Its a bit of a trek from there to the entrance so if you want a decent spot near the entrance I'd arrive early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

This is what I was basing my reply on:

https://www.koobit.com/irish-open-e1113/travel-parking

Thanks lads - Hopefully Park & Ride isn't a pain to get to if that parking option isn't available

Ah, sorry it looks like you are right. I was going off last year where you parked beside the main entrance and walked in. That link says you can't access the estate which is the same as it was last year in that you were parked in a field across the road but looks like they're going to have fans park somewhere else and get a bus to the event. Will be interested to see how that works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭spuddy4711

Seem to remember “Tickets will be delivered 4 weeks prior to event” Everyone else got theirs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭big_drive

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭spuddy4711

Many thanks, I’ll have to remind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 faffingaround

Anyone want to buy 2 tickets to the Pro Am on the cheap for the Wednesday PM me please!

Apologies - I thought this was the JP thread

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭patob

Anyone heading down on the Tuesday for practice day? From previous years I recall this can be good for seeing the players up close and they are more relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Trampas

Dunne not on invite list and down to play in Italy. He’s on the entry list but not going to get a spot

What’s happened here.

Cormac Sharvin has got in by right via his European tour ranking so doesn’t need an invite. 2 invite spots now up for grabs. My guess is that Dunne and Tom McKibbin will get those two invite spaces and will be confirmed sometime tomorrow.

I also believe that East of Ireland winner and British Am semi finalist Alex Maguire would have joined Mark Power as the two amateurs selected by Golf Ireland. But I heard via Twitter in a response why he wasn’t picked for the Irish team at the European Am Team Championships the following week, that of some “unsavoury rumours” floating about the Meath man. Instead Colm Campbell who won the Irish Am last month in the Island Golf Club in Dublin will join Power as the two Irish amateurs in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Anyone want to buy 2 tickets at discounted rate for the Sunday can PM me please.Intended going but something has come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

Have 2 x Sunday tickets, would swap for Thursday or Friday if any interest.

thank you.

Advertisement