Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭The Bollocks

Rhodes is such a suck up to the fans. That so-called injury is 100% a work, nice makeup job you stupid blondie bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,497 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fightful Select halted those rumours when they reported that Edge was removed from the group because they wanted to take it in a supernatural angle similar to the Undertaker and Edge didn’t agree.

In fact, Edge recently shot down fans comparing him to the Undertaker, so his vision or alliance to content was pretty clear for a while.

Was AJ legit hurt against Seth?

Imagine if Elias really had a twin brother 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Alexa and Liv? That's a team I can get behind. 😎

Seems strange having Becky face Asuka to qualify.

Unless he's injured, I can see AJ winning a second chance qualifying match.

Seeing Riddle facing Ciampa reminded me that both men took part in Fight Pit matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,886 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Christ don't mention the word 'injury'. The wwe roster is so limited atm

Yeah Elias set to appear next week. Segment could definitely be in its so bad is good category

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I love the Ezekiel/Owens stuff. It's mostly down to Owens basically turning everything he's given into brilliance but Big Zekey has played his part well. I'd love if they somehow managed to get Ezekiel and Elias on the screen at the same time, it would be absolutely amazing!

People were talking about Balor being a jobber a while back but where does AJ go from here? Has lost pretty much every major match he's been involved in the past 12 months.

Apparently the attendance for Raw was terrible this week. Only just over 2k tickets sold, not surprising either when you get stuff like Theory and Lashley in a feckin pose off, and that's supposed to be the top male title on Raw thanks to Roman!

Theory seems to be taking the jungle juice too 😂😂 there's no way those traps are natural!

Theory jacking up to face returning Cena

Yep and he made sly dig at Cena during his backstage interview

This time 3/4 years Theory could be the face of wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Elias/Ezekiel reunion may be the first thing I've been interested in seeing on Raw in years.

Rhea out of MITB, legit injured?

WWE having a tough time with injuries and part time champions and challengers

• Advertisement

Rollins vs. Riddle for SS?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Elias bit did not disappoint. I thought it was feckin brilliant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Since joining the New Judgement Day Finn hasn’t appeared in person on Raw. Essentially making the group and Finn look like jobbers and not important.

They should have capitalised off the big swerve on edge and had the group feature on raw the following week. Interest in the group seems to be gone already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I haven't really been watching too closely but from what I have seen it's definitely the best thing they're doing at the moment.

Rhea knocked her own teeth out. That group is dead in the water now, well it was never really going anywhere to begin with IMO.

Elias and KO has been the only thing going right since Cody has been out. Theory has been solid enough. Becky and Asuka had another decent match I suppose. The roster is fairly bare as soon as a few people get injured or go missing. Like Carmella and Natalya replacing Sasha and Naomi is a step backwards, even if it was forced upon them.

Riddle had a fair amount of momentum after last Friday's match, and even he loses to Omos this week. I wonder is Edge legit injured as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My family are only very, very casually interested in wrestling. But that’s the story they are actively following and asking about 😂

Where's Sonya and Zelina?

I'd add Chad Gable to MITB, does Omos even need a ladder

Riddle and Becky are so over as is the E brothers, KO is gold

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If Edge was still leader of that group there’s no way they would have ended up on Main Event.

Poor Damian Priest can’t catch a break. From hanging with a HOF to now viewed as a jobber.

• Advertisement

The way they did that card at the start made it seem like Lesnar would be on Raw instead of just showing what happened on Smackdown.

Shortage of talent these days yet they have Ciampa and AJ in a short quickly thrown together match.

Trying to think, is that the most we've heard from Alexa since her return?

So what now for Becky? As she said, she's on the poster.

As for the Roman/Lesnar thing, will Heyman have to go all Gollum/Smeagol to promote it? With 2 part timers he'll have to represent both sides.

Yes was expecting Brock also on Raw but hey Vince again

Give those two Emmys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The Ezekial/Elias and now possibly Elrod stuff is gold.

John Cena returns

• Advertisement

Bryan "through the forbidden door" for Cena

Dominic joining Finn and Priest might freshen him up, him turning on Rey is inevitable

Underwhelming return from Cena, the backstage stuff was better than his promo and he didn't really set anything up, not substantially anyway. The battle royal was fun, and the women's qualifier match wasn't bad either. Forgot the ppv was on a Saturday, it's great when that happens.

Sourpuss Becky during Cena's guard of honour was funny.

Jericho and Big Show wishing Cena well too

• Advertisement

Weird having a "Last Chance Battle Royale" for the men's MITB with one slot still undecided. A Last Last Chance on Smackdown or will Cena show up at MITB... Or unlikely as it is, Cody?

I was thinking the same. When they had the Battle Royal I thought I must've been wrong thinking there were 2 spots left.

The match card for the women's match was weird how everyone was in their ring gear except Becky, who looked ready for a night out.

Just happy for Truth getting to meet his childhood hero.

Seeing Dominik in the backstage segment, I was thinking he seems very hunched over a lot.

Cena's promo was pretty good even if it was a little cringe (anyone else think he was going to announce his was retiring), have to say i do like that his new shirt. Thought they would set up a match for Summerslam but maybe trying to keep a bit of suspense

So will Cody be appearing every few weeks to preview stuff

Dominik in Judgement day might be ok but could be a disaster too. Some laugh if Rey joined

hard to call both winners in the MITB matches, think Riddle winning would be good and for the women's id go with Becky

The "Becky in the Bank" t-shirts have already been printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Riddle seems like a good call. I hope they don't go with Becky, she really doesn't need it, would love someone new to get the spotlight. Even though I think she's the most likely option.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Too much to hope for a Liv Morgan win?

It's not out of the question, women's field is kinda open. Though with Bianca and Ronda as champs I'm not sure if Liv having MITB works at the moment?

christ forgot Charlotte is due back

Be a perfect MITB winner

Seems Liv is just destined to be the "almost" that fans like but never as much as someone else they'll push like Alexa, Bianca or Becky and never more than someone WWE wants to force down our throats like Charlotte or Rhonda

Well I was wrong about Liv.

So will there be a number 1 contender match tonight or will it just be Carmella facing Bianca at SummerSlam again?

• Advertisement

Bianca vs Rhea would be a rarity. A female hoss fight.

The women champs tag match but big time Becks main event, good match against Asuka

IC title being build as major title on Raw with Lashley holding as no sign of Reigns

Styles teaming with Logan Paul now at SS? I prefer one on one with him and Ciampa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So, after turning on edge after winning for someone they beat, the judgement day lose their first match on Raw...........

Storytelling.

Anyone else think this feud will end up with Becky and Asuka becoming a tag team?

No surprise really. Finn is a jobber nothing more. Makes sense his group would get the jobber treatment too.

Edge will steamroll Finn when he returns.

Just not warming to Theory at all I am finding him really very bland.

He is a cocky arrogant heel, I kinda hope his cash in fails, Brock and Roman just beat him up

• Advertisement

If they decide to bring back the tag titles and also bring a team or 2 from NXT.

Just seems to be like the Sheamus/Cesaro feud and others I've seen.

Advertisement