Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've about 63,000 now with lifetime being 188,000 points!

It's gonna be down to about 21,000 later as I'm going to covert 41,850 to get €45 and order Sonic Origins ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

48,000 now (Lifetime 163,000)

Feels like it's flying up now since the daily searches started 🙂

Weekly Treasure is there today 👌🏻

Blew mine on Cyberpunk when it was on sale last week (waste of points) and am already back up to 8000, it'll be 10k later when I get the weekly set done and get the 2500 bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The 4 day streak says a lot about my commitment of late. 93 week streak just completed on the xbox though!

My ultimate expires in 7 days. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

Yup, same as last 2 times. Thankfully it still works by the looks of it

Today's 50 points for an achievement won't pop for me!

Anyone else having probs?

It's been glitchy all week, but today's the first time it just doesn't register.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Same for me. Popped my 3 achievements on Rare Replay too and none of them registered.

I had this too but the 50 points had been added on when I checked bing.com this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

My 3 achievements were there when I turned Xbox on this morning. I did do them close to midnight so wondering was that a bad time to go popping achievements

Just checked and I've 50 more than when I went to bed alright 👍

When it's glitchy, yes! But when it's playing nice it shouldn't matter when you do it, seconds later you can redeem the points 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I can't seem to get the 50 points from the achieve more earn more and the bing search points seem laggy like sometime it register it have problems with mobile ones to so annoying this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Weekly treasure is there now.

Oddly, couldn't get any of my searches yesterday to count in the rewards app, had to use Edge again today to get to 50 searches to complete the weekly yoke. Pain to have to use it...

I have 50 searches in a collection in Edge, that I normally kick off and get the daily search count for PC.

I had to do this at least 20 times yesterday, making over 1,000 searches for 30 to count!

Had to do more than 100 searches on "mobile" (it's really on firefox with user agent switcher set to chrome mobile) to get 20 needed to count!

I'm not doing that very often, they better cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

I noticed it takes about 20 seconds for a search to register, but if you clicked on another search within that time it didn't register as 2 searches. I reckon it's to stop people clicking through it , best way is to put edge as your default browser , well played Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭swine

Same here. I noticed the URL on Edge mobile had some additional stuff in the URL that I thought was stopping it from registering. Painful stuff.

I just think they're having trouble tracking at the moment!

I'm genuinely sitting here clicking on searches every 2 or 3 seconds, seeing the points go up!

Their me be a limit on number of searches per minute or something, but it was all fine up until last weeks weekly update on Tuesday! Maybe it'll go away this Tuesday 😁

Haven't got the daily 50 points since Saturday, I suppose it's easier to swallow with the search points now. See some mention of it on reddit too.

The way I got the 50 points to pop yesterday, was to reboot the console.

Now, I've no idea if it'll work for everyone or if it'll even work again! But I tried 10 times to pop it yesterday, with no tick appearing. Then I reboot the console, into the rewards app and it popped first try.

I'm leaning on it being a total co-incidence, but if there's trouble popping today's one, I'll try again 😁

• Advertisement

I can echo the searches are being a bit crap the last few days. What's weirder, it gave me the measly 12 (I think) pints for doing searches in Edge but still didn't register any of the 90 actual search points. Also the daily set bits take multiple clicks but that's been like that a while

I just did today's searches and they all registered!

So hoping that week of bad tracking is over!

It always seem to last Tuesday to Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

The achieve more earn more 50 points is glitch to he'll . I'm finding it hard to get these past few days notting seem to work.

Yeah, the earn 50 is still acting the bollix 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Do they ever have weeks where these 50 searches aren't a requirement? I've had the Xbox about 5 weeks now and not once have I been able to get this counter to go up - signed in to Bing on mobile, laptop and Xbox and it never registers even one.

It's a pretty **** requirement anyway particularly for Xbox, if I wanted to browse the internet or search engines id use my phone or laptop.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's not there every week but it is there most weeks. Some weeks it's replaced with "earn 200 points"

You can use your phone or laptop, I just use the bing app on android. It is a pain in the arse though in fairness.

Quickest way I find is to search a premier league team's squad. So search "Arsenal squad", then you will get pictures of all the players along the top, just click these pictures one by one and each one counts as a search. When you have exhausted one team just search another. Two teams are usually enough.

Are they looking for 50 searches on the actual xbox? I've never seen that here (UK), not sure I'd be bothered, I can barely bring myself to do the mobile searches (as you can see below) and they're quite quick in reality. I just do them on the laptop in Edge by right-clicking on my saved folder - everything working much better today also

Also the quickest way to search (I'm sure I've proffered this here before) is to just save a bunch of random searches to a folder in Edge. Then right-click, open all. . . .and watch your crappy work laptop struggle for a moment while it opens every tab instantly, leave it for a minute while you get on with your day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This doesn't work for the 50 searches weekly reward though, as that has to be on mobile. Pain in the hole...

• Advertisement

agreed, the mobile searches I often leave and when I do have a go it's usually on the "throne of solitude". Quickest way I have found for that is the below - in Edge, search something like "movies 2022", then click on the first result. The screen will then changes to give you a scrollable list across the top of screen. Click on the right-most result and the screen will refresh and move the list along so you only have to click in the same place however many times - each click counts as a search. That browser page stays alive in the background on my phone and I just flick the list back to the beginning to start the process over - when I do think of actually doing them, that is.

Advertisement