Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

The Daily Streak jigsaw has been missing for me for the last few days, no other 5 point tasks in the Rewards app on Xbox either, they really are getting tight with the points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ah FFS, I just noticed the puzzle one is gone!

I had that 9/12 full too!

Pricks 😒

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,404 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I dont think it was even there long enough for anyone to complete it.

Nope, I started it day 1, just by virtue of doing the daily searches all the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Pity, I used to enjoy playing the games for points.

Now my life is a lot duller doing mind numbing internet searches just to keep Microsoft stats artificially high.

I'm barely hanging in to this program.

Also losing interest in it as each day passes, and I'd have no where near the points some on here would have

Maybe though it's time to max out on getting as much points as possible before they nerf it out of existence!

What are ye currently on. I'm running 2 accounts with 52,000 on one and 41,000 on the other

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,404 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have 2700 points because I keep cashing them in for amazon credit. Never thought to start doing it on a second account, not sure I have the will power for that though.

Ya it's like playing 2 hands on piano. Hopefully I won't get banned 😔.

I just tried it because I get free GPU codes with Xbox ambassadors. Which they haven't nerfed just yet.

• Advertisement

I'm only at 139,000 or so 0 had been aiming for the max Amazon voucher which I have now, now I'm just going to increase that a bit more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

you don't actually "do" the searches do you?

Just save a bunch of them to a folder in Edge, then right click and "Open all". Give it a minute and watch your point increase. Close browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I use an extension to get the mobile searches too. I know some people say that there might be issues where MS can ban your account or something but never been an issue for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I was that extension on my son's account to build up point so he could get coins in Minecraft, the rewards account was suspended yesterday.

Looks like the puzzle piece thing going missing might have been a bug!

It says coming back soon :)

Ya I wouldn't go near extensions. I've heard of cases on r/microsoftrewards where people could be collecting for years with VPNs or workarounds, and they don't find out that they get banned until the moment they go to cash in their points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

May be rolling it out in stages, still says back soon for me

Mobile bing searches aren't contributing towards the 60pts today for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Still greyed out here!

You seem to be in some beta access though, maybe why you have it back :)

• Advertisement

Half my bing app searches aren't registering. Reckon they've nerfed them on purpose

Same with me this morning but got there in the end

Yeah, just keep hammering away.

It seems to stop counting them randomly, but I think it's working in the background, as it jumps up after a few goes.

Second day in a row the mobile searches aren't counting, ones in edge are still working fine.

It went grey again shortly after I posted. Came back this morning but still seems broken. Loads of searches not working right 😐

Opposite for me haha!

I'm starting to think they are breaking them on purpose to frustrate people into leaving the program 😆

Lots of desktop searches not working again this morning

I'm not sure if the points are getting added onto the main total but just not showing up correctly.

My Start app thing says 90 for desktop, 33 for mobile and 12 for Edge yet bing.com says 0 for desktop, 27 for mobile and 0 for edge - so 33 + 27 makes up the 60 mobile.

Who knows? 🤔

The 1,000 point puzzle thing is greyed out again anyway 🤷

Don't worry about, they are probably just working on a way that we can make less points in the background and that's breaking the production systems 😁

Desktop searches - fine

Mobile searches - some registering

Jigsaw - has not reappeared, not greyed out, actually not there :(

• Advertisement

Even my edge searches on Xbox console have slowed right down. You click then have to wait 5 seconds for the circle b thing to go around. Before you just mashed the button loads of times and it added up quicker.

Anyone think the program has been kiboshed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

If I'm reading correctly, plan is to dump the weeklies on console. The one which gives 2.5k points every 10 weeks.

I've a near two year streak in that😭

Have 175k left in points - going to use it to part pay for the black series S & forget about points tbh😆

I'm on 95k and kinda feel like I'll get to 100k and leave it at that. They seem to be making it harder and harder to build up points to the point where I'm losing interest in it. Still, it's been good up to now and it's 'free' money/credit so not complaining

Mobile searches back working for me today.

Desktop searches worked a lot better for me, too

Thankfully they never stopped working for me. Weird how the issues seem to be affecting people differently.

Last few years MS were able to charge top dollar for consoles around Christmas. This year prices have dropped to match nearly 2nd hand prices (perfect condition with box). Today might be a good time to sacrifice a few extra quid getting an X Series

• Advertisement

I think (through my own trial and error) what's happening is that they've implemented a 5 second delay on points accumulation!

I find that when I click a link and count to 5 before clicking the next one, it tots up the points every time.

If I go full speed and click as soon as the page loads, more often than not, it doesn't count it.

Just thought I'd share and see if others notice this too? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Was thinking something similar. Series X would cost me circa €250 with points. Really don't need a disk drive & I've only a 1080p telly, so unsure if I'll ever get the full use of an X

Looks like the 12 points for 4 searches in Edge is gone, so daily searches are now 150pts instead of 162.

I think they've killed it now - they've put a slowdown on the browser searches. Not sure if it was like that yesterday

After I did my usual "open all" saved searches, this all that popped. Not really worth the effort.

Yeah it took me two to three times the amount of searches today just doing them manually, first time that has ever happened to me.

I think I'm officially out so. My bank isn't too bad but was hoping to get enough for next proper gen, what I have is just shy of £275 I think

• Advertisement

Reddit having a bit of a meltdown over this. People expecting Rewards redemptions to be nerfed next

Keep saying it guys. Get registered on the Ambassador's program before they phase that out too. They'll probably cut the levels and leave the current batch where they are. If you're level 4 you fly through the quests in 2 months to get the free GPU.

It's a far better return on investment than rewards if you consider all the daily clicking and messing we have to put up with.

I'm pretty much losing the will to fight for searches that don't register on the rewards program. Their plan is working.

Really though I think console days are numbered in terms of sales volume. Same way physical CDs went online.

Last post of the previous page, I said I reckon there's a 5 second cooldown on points totting up!

If you don't wait that 5 seconds, the points don't come.

Someone might find a way around it, but it used to take 1 second to open all those tabs before, that's gone now!

It seemed more intermittent than that to me today, one time I got 9 points from three quick clicks, another time it was every second click. Seemed all over the place.

Oh really, I get no joy with quick clicks now! Opened 30 tabs in edge earlier and just 2 counted for 6 points!

Had to manually do 28 more searches!

I used to just search the alphabet 1 letter at a time before the tabs thing, might go back to that now if it's more convenient haha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement