Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Rudolph Day - think I have some Christmas Cake left...I'll munch on it tonight with a cuppa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Rudolph day everyone - I have a mini pudding left so will have that in honour of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Rudolph Day!!!! Wore my Christmas socks today 😂👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I listened to the 'can't wait for Christmas' podcast, that was about it really.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I went for the Christmas socks aswell yesterday!

Rudolph Days in summer aren't the same to me. In spring I need some magic and once we get to September the countdown has really kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

That's why I go for a turkey and cranberry sandwich, can be enjoyed all year round.

Giving this a bump as we have the 6th edition coming up again in a few days.

Its the middle one too, 6 of 11!!

Rapidly getting into the second half of the year already.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

It's not even funny how fast this year is going. Mad to think next week is July.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yay, it's on a Saturday- must plan something. 🙂

Stop, I can't get over next week being July! I've holidays in August and nothing planned. 😮

• Advertisement

So anyone planning anything for the middle Rudolph day of the year!? Given the forecast is to be miserable may settle in and indulge in a christmas movie with the kids if they're up for it... klaus appeals atm for some reason.

Are looking after my niece and nephew as my brother and SIL are at a wedding tomorrow so if weather is as bad as predicted then I'd say a movie is on the cards.

6 months to Christmas, we're half way there folks.

Happy Rudolph Day all.

Going to go with my usual turkey and cranberry sandwich.

Have a good one guys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can't believe it's the half way mark!! 😁

I didn't get time to do anything festive today, but tomorrow I'm having turkey and ham and stuffing, and I'll wear my Christmas socks. 🙂

I had quite the hangover this morning, a combination of my booster jab yesterday and a few G&T's last night so I wasn't feeling overly festive. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Had three big bangin' double IPA's last night, as they're considerably stronger than your average ale I can feel the effects this morning ... can see a TV afternoon if the rain persists.

Had a couple of beers nothing major last night but the tv day sounds good. I'll have the house to myself so I'm plonking myself on the sofa and having a lazy day. Didn't get to do anything festive yesterday so I will have to fix that today.

Sitting here having a coffee in one of my favourite Christmas mugs 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Never marked the occasion but did tell those around me that it was halfway to Christmas and got told to shut up 😁

Completely forgot about it so I’ll have to do something today to mark the Occassion 👍🧁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I didn't realise these were from the Christmas range when I found them and started snacking on them over the weekend. It must have been subconscious to mark the half way point.

They are delicious! I think I got them reduced in January and shoved them in the back of the press. I'll be looking out for them again in a couple of months.

7 of 11

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Getting less and less of these now! Just 2 more until the feelings really start and 3 until it's the season 😬

Happy Rudolph Day all :)

Feels like we are in the start of the home stretch now. Feeling more Christmasy now that the holiday is over and thoughts have turned to kids going back to school and getting emails/whatapps about after school activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! Told a lad in work it was Rudolph Day today he just looked at like I had two heads 😄

I think this one is a bit of quiet one tbh as last months one was the halfway one and the next couple will really feel like the countdown is getting serious.

Bumping this thread, Rudolph Day 8 of 11 coming up on Thursday. In touching distance of double digits day already!

Every month when this thread becomes active, I have to check the current date and am always shocked that we're nearly at another Rudolph Day!

• Advertisement

Only seems like we had the last one a few days ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Rudolph Day Everyone, into the BER months very soon 😲

Happy Rudolph Day all, second last one of the year!!!

A bit cooler out this morning so feels a bit more wintery. Think, I'll stick to my traditional turkey and cranberry sandwich.

8 of 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Wearing my Christmas 'Happy Holidaze' boxers today.

Obviously not second lat one! Was thinking about something else that is happening in Oct when typing the above so brain automatically thought it was Oct!! I blame the lack of coffee.

Been on the Christmas sherry in honour of the day?? 😂

Hard to believe we're into the BER months this day week.

Haha, a bit early for me 😂 Even though I did have a beer for breakfast when away to celebrate Ireland beating the All Black. Can't remember the last time I drank that early!!

Breakfast beers/ciders are great, the memories of a rollover day following a big match. Sadly only memories now.

• Advertisement

I have two mates. They lived around the corner from each other. On Christmas morning one would call to the other and they would have 2 or 3 beers with each other before 12 🤣

Today I'm having a turkey roll for Rudolph Day. 😁

Turkey, stuffing & caramelized onion pitta for me... already drooling thinking of it!😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Rudolph Day! This date 2 months, I'll be putting up my Christmas tree! (Toyshow night!)

Drinking before 12 is standard for Christmas, right?

The 'rules' go out the window at Christmas 😂

Scary when you put it like that. We focus on the countdown however in reality everything happens way before day 0 as such!

Happy Rudolph Day!!! I’m wearing Christmas socks and a Christmas t-shirt (wearing a hoody over it ) 😂😂🎉🎉🎉

Please tell me you meant 3 months! You're all on the Christmas sherry😂😂

I'm making gingerbread cookies this evening. Someone mentioned it at home the other day and I said I'd make them today.

• Advertisement

October 25th!??? Thats impressively early!!! 😉

Theres a few in here getting carried away today 🤣

Advertisement