Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

I consulted with the parish priests and older locals when making the map. It's the closest thing there is to an official map. There is no parish rule in town so in reality it doesn't actually matter for the city clubs. Is there any are in particular that your interested in or that you think is incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Fair play to you its not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭murtyd17

50 notes for the semi looks steep - can rem how much it was last year

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Was it 45 euro last year steep all right 50euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭The_Tank

I do hope we don’t swallow the punditry and get fixated on raining balls down on the Clare full back line. As well as being predictable, it means they can play to their strengths on the turnovers and work it through to their runners. We’ve been ‘out-tactiked’ by counter runners in the last 2 semis. That happening in a third would be unforgivable. Generally we kept Galway guessing last day out, let’s hope we can build on that and find varying points of attack. I’ve no issue with a few long ones, just not all long ones and when we do, let’s think about what happens if it breaks down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

This post actually answers my question. My new neighbour thinks that we're in the Dicksboro but I think we're in the Village. Just settling a bar stook argument.

Fair play for putting it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭usernamethatsnotinuse

tickets are available for season ticket holders, section 305, seat numbers aren't automatically allocated so need to get in quick if you want good seats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Grats

Couldn't agree more. We need a mix and match. There was smarter hurling played against Galway and while needing to progress that further for the next day we also do need to expose the Clare full back line with high balls in.

Clare are hot favourites and many pundits aren't giving Kilkenny a hope. That might encourage our lads to prove them all wrong.

I didn't see much yesterday to suggest Clare are any better, all the teams after Limerick seem to be around the same (poor) level. Mix it up a bit like the Leinster final and we have a great chance. Injuries killed Wexford yesterday, were very unlucky

No acknowledgement on the Sunday Game by Sheedy or Cusack of the Wexford injuries and how they affected the game late on.

• Advertisement

Referee seemed to be pressured by the crowd to play on as well when there were some wexford players down getting treatment, must have thought they were trying to waste time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It was €50 for a stand ticket for the semi-final last year against Cork.

minor final is down for the Saturday at the moment, no time confirmed yet though. Hopefully it'll be on before it

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Are any other season ticket holders having problems redeeming their ticket for the Clare match? As in the ticket not being there! I am being driven demented trying to access it and getting helpful info from the powers that be, replying to emails three hours later. Any advice would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Village87

Who will Kilkenny have on Tony Kelly? Lawlor and Duggan will be a massive battle on the edge of the square. Kilkenny might get some joy on the Clare full back line like Wexford and Limerick have.

i've had problems with the site for ages using chrome, page goes blank. Didn't see anyone else complaining so thought it was just my pc.

Firefox was working for me or I was using macbook and safari to buy them

Paddy Deegan I'd imagine will be detailed to follow Kelly. Pity to waste a great hurler like Lawlor on Duggan but I guess we can't put anyone else in at full back at this stage.

We need our fitness levels to be much improved from the last few years if we're stay with Clare for 70+ minutes. It was only when Wexford flagged yesterday that Clare got their game going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭brookville

I would of thought butler might go after Kelly but Tony is such an unbelievable hurler it's all about curtailing him. He is so intelligent. Always seems to be where the breaking ball is. Browne could also be an option but I think Taylor and o donnell are also hugely important to them. Duggan and lawlor should be a good tussle. Reidy and galvin are very lively so our backs will be under pressure for sure. We need much more from our forwards Saturday week. I know it was only a league match last year in Ennis but they had us all over the place with their movement.Kilkenny were away at the weekend.We'll need a huge improvement from everyone but the players and management will know that themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭RamonD3

Re season ticket- Did you go to the link on the email as opposed to logging in? It's almost like a hidden page!

Have you redeemed your ticket for clare game? Could you talk me through the steps if you have, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Village87

I see TJ was in Mount Juliet anyway :D. Good point above about Lawlor, he does a lot of hurling and with Duggan on him he wont have it easy. Mullen wont get as much space as last day out. Clare have a lot of weapons to curtail. But I think Kilkenny can dog them out of it.

One thing I will say about Clare set up is that it seems very enjoyable and play with great expression. Clare allowed 6/7 players play league yesterday, Shanager, Mccarthy, Mounsey, Rory Hayes, all played. Duggan and O'Donnell were allowed travel and take a year and come back to the panel. No way would Cody let any of the 40 lads in there play club 2 weeks before a semi final or bring lads back in who have took a year out. Great management from Lohan

Post edited by Village87 on

looking at the league results wouldn't give you any confidence, won 2013, won a relegation play-off 2015, that was the last win against them. Struggled nearly every game with the running. Lost 2014,2016,2017,2018,2019,2021. Drew in 2020

I have redeemed, install firefox web browser and use the link they sent you there

i went to the "redeem championship tickets" menu and selected "all ireland hurling c'ship". From there it should show you an option to buy kilkenny tickets. That page is blank on chrome for me, only worked on firefox (pc or mac) or safari (mac)

Thanks for your help, there's no ticket there or option to buy a ticket even in Firefox. The level of customer service is beyond f***** useless! Once again thanks for your time if only those useless idiots in Croker were as helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

As a matter of interest how many of those were in Ennis?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭conor05

The lack of respect shown towards Wexford on the Saturday and Sunday game really maddened me.

They hurled Clare off the pitch in the second half and when the two Reck brothers (who didn't really give Kelly or O''Donnell a sniff) went off injured Clare took over.

I have a lot of time for that Wexford team.

All these Munster analysts want the Clare-Limerick final with their anti-leinster bullshit and they won't be giving Kilkenny any credit either.

Hope Kilkenny sow it into them in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Rosita

Since 2013 (including that year) they've played 10 times in the League. Five times in Ennis, four times in Kilkenny, and once in Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Rosita

I think you are getting unnecessarily rattled about Wexford. The Recks' injuries is really camouflage on the outcome. In the seven minutes before the first of them went off the score was Clare 1-6 Wexford 0-0. Wexford's last score from play was in the 58th minute. Their problems were already fully transparent by the time the Recks went off. The only question was could they maybe somehow make it to the line still ahead of an opponent quickly getting up a head of steam and using a strong bench. But when they conceded the goal the writing was on the wall. Clare deserved to win. Not sure how much credit you expect Wexford to get in a game where their opponents scored as many points in the second half alone as Wexford got in the full match. I think everyone has time for that Wexford team but fair is fair too.

Kilkenny can sort Clare out, maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Think the fireworks around the munster final definitely papered over a few cracks in clare defence. Flanagan got 8pts from play and again yesterday they looked very vulnerable

Would like to see tj and cody isolated in there and let mossy Rome out the field and get pressure on clare halfback line.

Galway have not improved one jot under henry's management which is disappointing was expecting to see some improvement in there forwards but they seem to be just dependent on whelan. they were cut open several times yesterday and should have been beaten. If they turn up like that limerick will destroy them .

Advertisement