Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Resident Evil 4 remake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,181 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I just hope the chainsaw wielding guy isnt a Mr.X/ Nemesis type of enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I absolutely love the old school inventory system as it required a little bit of thinking. In any case I barely ever ran out of space in the RE 2/3 remakes as you get plenty of hip pouches in the game. For me RE2 remake is one of the best games ever and by the time you complete RE2 remake you have 20 item slots.

RE1 and RE1 remake I didnt get frustrated because I always picked Jill over Chris who's much more manageable.

Can't wait for the RE4 remake, day 1 purchase for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

You should give Resident evil Village (8) a go then, its the spiritual sequel to 4, although you would be best playing resi evil 7 first as they are linked, but thats not a bad thing either, though Resi evil 7 is more the spiritual sequel to resi evil 1.. but dialled up to 11

Though you really cant go wrong with any of the recent resident evils, ive enjoyed the heck out of them all..

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

What is the general consensus when you compare Re2 remake to Re7 and Re8. Which is considered better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Greyfox

RE2 remake is widely considered the best of the 3, I think it's much better than the other 2 but all 3 games are worth buying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

PS4 edition can be upgraded to PS5 edition at no extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks great. I see it's 70 on psn but smyths selling for 60, tasty price. Itchy.... tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Mixed feelings. The original game was often cheezy and comical. It's no longer the same game with a switch to a more serious tone. Maybe some would argue it shouldn't be an exact replica. Yeah, maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is the presidents daughter still equipped with ballistics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭recyclops

Game Share 35 quid and I wont feel hard done by which is always a possibility ( heres looking at you RE3 Remake)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can't say, they've given her a heavy coat and pants. Taking that feedback seriously! Gonna be a lot of disappointed weirdos out there.

This was the only RE I actually enjoyed. The first 3 were alright, but this one won me over and then made the following ones pale in comparison. I think it's because it leaned more into the action than the horror. But I'm not sure I want to spend €70 to replay a game that now looks like I remember it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Damn came on to this thread to ask the very same question...beat me too it! 😆

New info from Game Informer (via other non-paywalled sites);

• No QTEs, at least not in the style of the original game i.e. button mashing to onscreen prompts
    • There will be optional mini-side quests
    • Ashley will be less vulnerable - they say she will now "feel more like a natural companion and less like a second health bar to babysit"
    • Knives can break, but spares can be carried in inventory

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FitBoyAwesome

Only if you played it back then... if you play it now, it's still a great game, but you won't be on your knees praising it as the best game ever. But there was nothing like it at the time it was released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'll be waiting for the reviews. I got burned on 3make and I'm not making that mistake again. That said, no more QTE's can only be a good thing.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The thing is, Resi 4 had great QTEs. It was one of the few games that did them right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

True but they became a blight on the series afterwards. In Resi 4 they really added to the sense that you had to be constantly vigilant.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I can't blame the sins of the sequels on the masterpiece they tried to copy.... Badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think they are so different they can almost be kept separate. I've just played RE2 (and then 3) remakes and they are great remakes. They retain that old style while modernizing it too so it's very playable. But they do lean more towards action than horror. Especially around the mid point of 2 when Mr. X shows up.

7 goes heavy on horror and is by far the most scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,108 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Official video from Gameinformer of 12 minutes of gameplay.

Haven't watch it all. Only concern may be the rain which is looking a bit like the GTA Trilogy, but apparently that's due to compression of the video and it looks a lot better in-game.

Just watched the video in HQ and first thing I thought of, same as you Penn, was that's she GTA trilogy rain right there. I really hope that's toned down. Other than that, it looks **** great and i can't wait to play it!

Yep. The game I'm currently most excited for by a looong way. It's sad that it happens to be a faithful remake of an 18 year old game, but here we are.

Got stuck in last night and finished the first two Chapters.

Gameplay wise, it's great. Shooting and aiming feel good, movement feels good for getting away from folk. Plenty of resources & ammo. Heavy on the action while still being tense in most areas.

But man, the Valley at the start of Chapter 2 was infuriating. No chance at stealth as once you drop down you can't kill one without them all becoming alerted, and then f*ckers just keep dropping out of nowhere. I hadn't bought the rifle either so ended up taking dicey long-range pistol shots from the starting platform to try take out even just the first 4-5 that were visible while still being safe on the platform. Took a few tries to even do that without wasting too much ammo, and even after that they still all appear out once you start moving through the area. Didn't really enjoy that section at all.

Remembering the OG, that valley was intended for rifle use and all out action, i replayed it a few years ago and that section took me a good few tries. Hopefully Gamestop call this morning, they said they called me yesterday but i had no missed call. Itching to play this.

• Advertisement

Yeah I googled for tips because I was struggling and felt I was missing something. Straight away it said to use your rifle and take out the person to the left etc etc. I'd forgotten all about buying new weapons and spent my money repairing my knife and upgrading the knife and gun.

Though once I did clear the Valley, got enough coinage to go back to the merchant and buy the rifle now anyway.

Advertisement