Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rang Gamestop and they don't know where the shipment is, trying to get update and will call me back. Checking their site, you can't choose store collection for the game but it is available to order online but i read some people who ordered online didn't receive it either. Not only that but Smyths are out of stock in most stores when they showed 15+ in each store on Thursday, very strange.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Again: a company that is really going out of its way to emphasise it is in rude health.

Just called me, don't know where it is, might be in Monday, might be Tuesday. What a balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

For gamestop just get credit for playstaion or xbox and buy digital of you don't mind having no disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Have you paid for it already? You're well past gimme my money back at this stage.

• Advertisement

I traded in a game for 37 euro and that was my deposit on it so i imagine i could get that in credit and buy on ps store but i wanted a physical copy of this, also tenner cheaper than the psn store version so I'll wait. Absolutely going no where near Gamestop again.

Smyths Navan have a load of copies if you really want it, might be a bit of a trek for you depending on where you're living in Dublin though.. Looking at like a 40min drive from Dublin city centre..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero lives in Limerick, but hey, he can always go on a road trip.

Oh sh!t haha, im sure he'd be better off going somewhere closer 🤣

Ha, will tell the missus to hold the baby, I'm off on a roadtrip :D Will just wait and HOPE it comes in next week and curse GS for the next few days.

• Advertisement

Picked up my copy. I'm gonna play the game drinking coffee from my Resident Evil 2 mug. That coffee might become an Irish coffee.

So at least some stores are getting it, enjoy man, hopefully that means mine isn't far behind.

Thanks bro. Hopefully you will get yours next week.

So Gamestop updated their site to show that the game is available in stores now but looks like their courier circled around Limerick :D I wouldn't blame him tbh, tempted to get them to move my pre-order to Ennis...... actually, nah, I'm not THAT desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Funny they rang me on Thursday and said that they would not have it in store in my local store on Friday (SWORDS) as held up in the UK. I had traded in a few games against it. Think 35 paid off it. She said would ring me again if instore and they would give me ten euro off of it as saying sorry for delay on it. No call, I checked website it's in stock but will be Monday before I can get there now.

I have 10 euro discount for GS pro that they said would stand. They mentioned the 10 euro discount to me and i asked if that was a further 10 euro off and they oh that would cover the 10 euro off offer but they didn't know. Would be handy if i got 20 off but highly doubt it.

I'm gonna ring them this morning just to check. Maybe they are showing out of stock at only have copies for preorders. I woke up in a positive mood :D

I only got around to playing this tonight, playing on the Series X. Wearing a surround sound headset really adds to the tension. That and a dark room.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished Chapter 7. The game has a really great mix of action and tense horror. Just enough ammo is provided that you'll rarely run short unless you're being very reckless/inaccurate (though it will often require switching to weapons which aren't always the best until you find just that little bit more gunpowder to craft ammo you need).

I do wish there were maybe a few more chances for a stealth approach, as often you can maybe take out one, but after that you're just going to be spotted no matter what you do. But ultimately it is an action game first and foremost, so it's not that big a deal.

Cruising along nicely, almost finished Chapter 2. I just need to focus on my shooting though.

I'm having awesome fun with this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

I’m midway through chapter 3, really enjoying it so far. They’re sprinkling a few surprises here and there which I really like.

I also like the changes they’ve made to the treasure / jewellery system.

Bit of a nitpick here but I have to say, a little disappointed with the Merchant’s voice acting. Seems to be lacking a certain something vs the original. Also correct me if I’m wrong but they seem to have made him cockney / British? Wasn’t he Australian?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Never played the original RE4 (never actually played any Resident Evil games until 7, and then played remakes 2/3 and Village since also), and have no knowledge of the game outside of a couple of names and locations which are often talked about - so, having enjoyed the other remakes, I was really looking forward to this with how people raved about the original and the glowing reviews of this version.

And I'm having an absolute blast with it so far. Still has the creepy vibe of 2 but with more action - between Leon's roundhouse kicks and one liners, it'd remind you of a cheesy action movie at times, in the best kind of way. I'm around chapter 9 now, having alot of fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Similar to Game in 2012 - had Kingdoms of Amalur preordered on PS3 in their Cruises Street store, but no show at launch in Feb 2012 (they blamed the snow). A month later was when they announced the closing of their Irish stores.

Maaaan i loved Game in Cruises Street! I remember like it was yesterday walking in to a group of people huddled around a giant tv, must have been at least 24" :D and the staff was playing a new game, Resident Evil 1 on the PS1. I could not believe what I was looking at, I just knew I had to have it. We were all asking for a go but not a chance he was handing over the controller. Worth it though as we got to watch the window dog scare the shyte out of him.

Anyway, my local just rang me, copy waiting for me in the store, i can't bloody wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Glad they made this remake, played the original not long ago and it felt clunky, the lake section I thought they made easier than the original, felt the running in it was feeling clunky and was finding it hard to evade attacks till I went to change it to a button control and realised the default is toggle so changed it to hold and its much better.

Just picked up my copy, they gave me 10 euro discount for my GS Pro benefit and another 10 euro off for the delay so just paid 12 euro along with trading Gotham Knights, not too shabby.

Oh man, the memories of the OG alongside the RE Engine of the remakes, just fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

On chapter 4, absolutely loving it. Looks great and really happy with the changes they have made. The bolt gun is a brilliant way to conserve ammo.

I spend way too long staring at the merchant trying to figure out what to buy/upgrade before I eventually leave with nothing and hope I can decide next time I see him.

Also #ForKendo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Merchant is a decent fellow. He gives great prices if you want to sell a weapon you've already upgraded, which is probably near enough to all you've spent on it anyway. Means you can easily switch to a new model of shotgun etc rather than feel forced to stick to one you've been upgrading due to sunk cost.

I'm most of the way through I think Chapter 9. I'll say one thing about Ashley though, she needs to learn to stay the f*ck behind me when I'm shooting at someone rather than crouch-run back and forth in front of me. Missed so many shots/chances and took some hits because she needlessly gets in the way. No wonder she got kidnapped at the start of the game. She probably ran back and forth in front of the Secret Service agents and they couldn't shoot.

Advertisement