Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

Thanks! Did that on day of results and still no reply- lol typical law soc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 krafter7

I downloaded pdf exam scripts through the law society website on the "Download Your Exam Script" section. I had been hoping that marks for each completed question would be included but apparently not.

Edit: The Criminal law script included marks but Company and EU did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

Would anyone out there have a Equity script from the last sitting that they passed that they would not mind sharing. I have a failed equity paper and just not seeing where it all went wrong. Thanks ✌

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

SAME!! could I ask what you answered question 4 on? I did charitable trusts and just got 4 marks on it. I am weighing up if i should get it rechecked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I passed Equity first time (55%) but it was in the October sitting - but can share my script if of any use - (noting charitable and trustees always comes up).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 soc124124

I was in the exact same position after the sitting in November. Had 7 passed but failed Company in the March 21 sitting, repeated it on its own in October and failed by more. Finally in March 22 I passed it. I've attached a link with all the noted I used along with some successful scripts and sample answers. The key I used was creating sample answers to common questions using the Examiner reports the LS sell.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lvQ71CYTJJ-QGhXuHMf-arC7vhWxJJyX?usp=sharing

People can feel free to DM me if they are looking hardcopy notes & books

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Thabk you so much, I have attached the pic of the question I'm confused about, I answered it on charititable trust, I only git 4 marks and had loads of case law so I wanna know if it's a different topic all together

Can i ask if you remembered to include all the relevant sections of the Charities Act 2009? I know the Equity Examiner is always going on about people forgetting to mention it. (Section 3 in particular and S3(2)(a)).

I haven't looked at Equity since passing last year and my Charitable question had a poor relations slant.

But off the top of my head I would have quickly touched on, Relief of poverty/advancement of religion/and concentrated on other purpose of benefit to the community as reflected in S3(11) and perhaps argued the cases re sport being an advancement of education

Consider whether Cy-pres is of relevancy re "General Charitable Intention" - if it was impossible / impractical to apply the trust property 

And certainly touching on purpose trusts and relevant cases and made an overall conclusion.

Sorry very very quick and vague synopsis whilst at work so apologies if that makes things no clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Hi guys,

Would anyone who passed Company Law March 2022 be able to send me their script please and marks you got for each question.

Started preparing for Company October 2022 - have to pass it its my last one.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clarendone

Quick question, I have a set of FE1 manuals for all eight topics from a friend of mine but they're from 2019. Which subjects do you think I would need to get up to date manuals for and are there any that I would be fine to continue using the 2019 ones? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

all bar constitutional

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

Hey does anyone know what the timetable is for PPC, is it 9-5 Monday to Friday? I know obviously you have to study outside class times but I’m just curious if the classes themselves are 9-5.

Could someone please tell me what came up in the last Constitutional exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SFarrepl

selling 2021-2022 Independent College manuals for Equity, Criminal and EU as well as other materials such as exam papers, reports, sample answers, etc. PM for more details 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Does anyone know when the timetable for October will be available?

It is anyone's guess. I would say no later than June/July though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daniilmedvedev

I have one FE1 left to do and that is company law. Just wondering how long

people would study for one exam before sitting it? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Legal case

Hi, could anyone share their script if they passed their company law exam in the recent Fe-1 sitting. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Legal case

I have independent colleges manuals and study materials for contract, equity and criminal. Would anyone be interested in swapping them for company law, tort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kenco953

Hi folks

I am planning to sit two FE1s in October (Tort and Contract). I have Law Hero notes and subject manuals from Griffith Colleges through someone I know (although they sat their FE1s in 2018 I presume the content hasn’t changed).

Does anyone have more recent exam grids for one or both of those subjects? DM me if so please.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pumpkinspice

Hi all - wondering what peoples advice is on subject combinations? I have previously freaked myself out taking too many on at a time but am thinking of taking two or three at a time. Any recommendations?

I have found 6-8 weeks more than long enough when only studying for one. but as I don't come from a law background, I prefer starting with the prep courses (i.e June) and taking it at a more leisurely pace.

I think with Company there is a lot of content. I sat and passed it first time in the last sitting but he definitely didn't adhere to exam grid predictions so as much prep as possible and pulling a good few quotes from Courtney's book won't go a miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FE1recs

Hi guys! Does anyone have any tips and/or suggested focus areas for Contract that they're willing to share? I have to pass both Contract and Company (my final two FE1s) this year or I will lose my hybrid training contract :( Pretty stressed out already!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Hi all. Looking for a bit of advice. I have 4 FE1s left to sit in Autumn - Tort, Contract, Constitutional and Equity. If I pass I will hopefully start a TC in the new year. I failed Constitutional in March but haven’t sat any of the others yet.

Now I’m wondering how best to prepare for these coming exams as I know I will be under a fair bit of pressure to pass. Does anyone have any experience with the prep courses and if so, which do ye believe to be the best and most cost efficient. And which subjects would ye say that the prep courses are best for (if I could only use them for 2/3 subjects). It is quite expensive!!!

I’ve never sat 4 together before and really don’t know how I’ll get on

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

Hi guys,

I will give away my notes to people who subscribe to my YouTube channel. In order to get my notes, please DM me, name the subject you need the notes. Once I confirm I have them, you will subscribe and I will e-mail you the notes. Simple and easy.

Who is interested, please DM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

I have few videos on those. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel. If you have any other questions, DM me. Happy to help.

• Advertisement

Contract overlaps with equity so it will not be completely new to you.

Are you doing any prep courses? I did a prep course for both Contract and Company and probably still have stuff I can send you.

(I have constitutional left and also hoping to start the hybrid in January).

For Contract i focused on:-

Agreement/ Consideration

Consumer Protection

Remedies

Discharge of a Contract

Exemption Clauses

Contractual Terms.

I gave medium weight to

Promissory estoppel

Mistake/ Misrep

illegal contracts

I learned off privity and capacity as both easy to learn and handy to have.

Advertisement