Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

Anyone know when recheck results come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EM95

Has anyone heard anything about refunds I have emailed and haven’t heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 krafter7

The timetable for September - October sittings is up on the Law Society Website:

Criminal Law; Tuesday 27 September 2022

Company Law; Wednesday 28 September 2022

Law of Torts; Thursday 29 September 2022

Law of Property; Friday 30 September 2022

Equity; Tuesday 04 October 2022

Constitutional Law; Wednesday 05 October 2022

Law of Contract; Thursday 06 October 2022

Law of the European Union; Friday 07 October 2022 

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fe1 2020

Hi all,

Just wondering when people received their FE-1 results letter, did they receive one for each sitting, or a simple letter confirming that they passed them all?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Can anyone recommend a prep course for company law?

I started city colleges and I don’t want to judge too soon but I’m not enjoying this lecturers teaching style. 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Is the lecturer still Mark Curran?

No it’s not - it’s a new person. I loved Mark for Equity, which is why I chose city colleges again 😭

No it’s not - it’s a new person. I loved Mark for Equity, which is why I chose city colleges again 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Can anyone planning to start the Hybrid in January 2023 shed some light on the fees?

I thought it was €8,300 for PPC1 and €4,500 for PPC2.

But I see on the application form (aside from the €840 application fee) it asks for a Hybrid fee of €10,500... is this just for PPC 1??

I am paying my fees myself and slightly freaking out.

Can anyone advise please?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe1user2022

Im feeling the exact same. I registered for city because I thought Mark was the lecturer. Trying to give it a chance 😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

As far as I’m aware, €10,500 is for the whole of the PPC Hybrid and it has to be paid by November if you’re starting it this year!

Thanks for clarifying.

I suppose on one hand it's great its a reduced fee - not so great its all due at once though 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7 law2021

I’m in the same boat! I thought Mark was brilliant for equity and not finding company as easy to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fe1234

Planning on sitting equity, tort, contract and company in autumn. Just finished my law degree so I don’t plan on doing any of the prep courses. Does anyone have any materials for these subjects? Past exam papers/ sample answers etc. going to try get the recent manuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Hi everyone,

For company, would anyone know where you might get a second hand copy of Courtney’s book or have people passed without using it?

Also, is it necessary to have any other legislation other than the Companies Act?

Thanks a mil!!

The library at the ILAC has a reference copy of it and the Keane on Company Law.

Only the Companies Act is needed legislation wise. €100 to buy. I passed first time and have my copy to hand. I don't want any money for it (will settle for good karma) and the postage paid! So if you need it DM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Morning,

Does anyone have a copy of a Criminal manual they are willing to share. Ideally soft copy. I can buy or swop. I have manuals and materials for Company, EU, Property, Tort, Equity and Constitutional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stressystressy

Does anyone know when the rechecks will be available? I can't get answer from the LS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

If you PM me your email I can send on the e-manual

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

Hi guys,

If you re taking Equity and Trust, this might interest you. I recommend to know Charitable Trust well. Please subscribe. Good luck

• Advertisement

I got an email asking for feedback today - seems like there might have been a few complaints because I’ve not been asked for feedback for any others 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Would anyone have an up-to-date criminal grid? I have other materials to swap! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe1user2022

saw this actually today in my emails. How are you finding her a few weeks in?

No better really. I watch them from home and I can’t engage. My homework feedback hasn’t been great either, the lack of grading or actual criticism has me worried.

What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mulroche

Selling tort, criminal, property, equity, contract and eu city colleges manuals together with legislation for all of them which is tabbed for the exam, will include Google drive with grids, exam qs and reports also

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SJ108

Hi folks, has anyone done the Company Prep Course with LawSchool? What is the consensus on Elizabeth-Ann Kirwan BL?

I did my first set with City, but the above posts on the absence of Mark Curran have me concerned.

Any input from anyone doing/having done Company with LawSchool is much appreciated. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi folks, does anyone know when rechecks are out?

I sat Company with Mark Curran and passed and my friend sat Company via Elizabeth-Ann Kirwan BL and failed - said she did not find her very good and she just read verbatim from the book and gave no analysis on how to tackle the exam other than studying everything.

That being said, (with the exception of Company) I have used Law School for all my exams and have found their manuals really good and their Revision Guides priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 law2021

I'm the same. Getting quite concerned at this stage that I can't follow along, especially since this exam is meant to be quite tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SJ108

Cheers, thanks a million for your input. It would be ideal if Courtney himself did a prep course just talking about himself and his publications as it seems a sure-fire way of passing. Might just default to past exam questions and pick up his book. A real shame about Mark Curran.

Additionally, in response to your above post Re: Recheck Results - when I submitted mine, it said that the "results of recheck applications are provisionally scheduled during the week beginning Monday, 28th June. As soon as the date for the publication of results has been finalised, [they] will email candidates with this information". I took a screenshot of it at the time, as we all know the Law Society can leave it be.

Advertisement