Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Video of garda pulling him over is out on the internet, looks like a regular speeding situation in daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MakersMark

How does McGregor continue to get visas to fight in the US?

He's close to double digit convictions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The number of times he got pulled over in his fancy car for breaking the law. The number of old men he floored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Homelander

I am OK with people hating McGregor because he's well earned that hate.

However nonsense like the above, "he was never good" and creating all sorts of utter drivel to justify that opinion just because you hate him is just ridiculous.

I mean seriously, Aldo was "on the decline"....even though he hadn't lost a fight in 10 years and was on an almost 20 fight win streak. Even though it's now 2022 and Aldo is still fighting successfully at elite level.

One or two excuses you can maybe overlook, in terms of lucky punches, declines, whatever. But to argue someone amassed a record of 21-3 up to the Alvarez fight, including 4 belts in 2 weight classes with a near 100% KO rate, was "never good", is just comical.

Conor wasn't just good, in his prime he was excellent. He had an insane KO rate and his technical striking was incredible. Obviously he's declined now but that's of no relevance of his performances up until 2015.

As I said, hating McGregor is fine. He is a total bell-end the last 6 or 7 odd years. But channeling that hate into attempts to create alternative history is kinda pathetic and I'm not sure why people need to do it.

Surely just calling it as it is is good enough - he's past it and became an unlikable ass-wipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭I Blame Sheeple

you could literally just /thread and close this up with this comment.

You hit the Brazilian right on the jaw.....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Napoleon was average height. It's a myth that he was a shortarse.

He's from the same "rough northside suburb" as Jedward ffs. And Lucan is South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,008 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Did he not go to a Gaelscoil out there?

Wasn't that mentioned the time the Dagestani lad (who later battered him) was slagging him about not being able to speak Irish and the best he could come out with "an bhfuil cead agam dul amach go dti an leithreas"

Gaelscoileanna are usually biased towards relatively well-to-do people, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Same stomping ground as the other famous Lucan Gansters Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Captain cabbage

Tis a real angry leper caun

Why hasn't he condemned the war in Ukraine? especially after his fawning all over Putin a few years ago at the world cup. Some Russians probably look up to him so why doesn't he do his part and speak up against the war?

His father is a clown but this latest stunt really takes the biscuit, what an embarrassment.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/6/1/23149853/conor-mcgregor-dad-president-zelensky-vladimir-putin-russia-ukraine-mma-news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

He grew up in Crumlin and Lucan, neither of which are in the Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Motivator

The McGregor family make me uneasy. The father is one of the greasiest, creepiest fellas going. Conor himself has obviously done seriously well and his team have absolutely maxed out his limited window of fame so much so that his family are set for generations so long as he doesn’t bollocks it all up and blow the whole lot. I’m sure his team and advisors have literally hidden (or spent) the vast majority of his money. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s living on an allowance to protect what he has.

Do I like him? No I don’t. Do I respect what he’s been able to do and achieve in 10 years? Absolutely. Only a moron couldn’t appreciate how far he’s come. Now obviously he’s been exploited and rammed down our throats by Dana White and the UFC in that time. He’s nothing more than a seriously valuable asset to the powers that be. I actually admire them more than I do McGregor himself. They saw an opportunity to bring the UFC brand to the next level and make a fortune off the back of this clown by flogging him to the gullibles with too much money and no sense that follow him.

Regarding his legacy, I don’t follow the UFC so I’ve absolutely no idea what kind of legacy he has as a fighter. I think it’s irrelevant anyway because only the die hard UFC fans will care. The McGregor fans won’t give a **** what his UFC legacy is. The only thing they’ll focus on is how much money he’s made out of his career. Little do they realise is that the only reason he has so much money is because the UFC essentially created him. He’s like a test tube baby for all the world. They spotted an opportunity to exploit him and they took it and it paid off. Did he sully the name of an already dodgy enough looking organisation? No he didn’t. McGregor changed the game for the UFC and made White, Rogan and all the others even wealthier than they already were. He took the UFC from essentially no page to front page and he did it the world over. His fight record and legacy as a fighter are totally irrelevant. McGregor himself couldn’t care less, I’ve seen countless clips of him saying the UFC was his shot at “getting off the streets” and making money. Mission accomplished.

Aside from his fanboys, nobody else really cares about him or his family. But his fanboys will continue to support him no matter what. If McGregor announced tomorrow that he would be selling dogshit in Centra’s across Ireland and 7/11s in America, they'd start queuing today. Making an absolute fortune by essentially being a performing monkey for the suits and brains who run the show for him is what I’ll remember him and his career for. But he’s made more money than I can dream of so in a weird way I say fair play and good luck to him.

Imagine a nobody like Tony fcuking mcgregor trying to put an inspirational leader like Zelensky in his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Imagine an inspirational leader like zelenski vying for Conor’s attention. Where does that place him on the pecking stakes

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MakersMark

I like McGregor,even though he curses a lot and hits old people.

I often wonder though if he'll be our Prince Andrew.

An embarrassment to our Country? he already is.

• Advertisement

In your head he may be vying for McGregor's attention. He was right to call him out and McGregors silence on the matter shows you what he is all about. me me me me me.

McWigger recently donated a sizeable sum to a local lad who acquired a serious brain injury. His heart is in the right place.

I would be wary of people who have to announce themselves giving money to charity.

It was the annunciation of getting money; from his partner to a brother that only brought it to my attention the only announcement on Conor’s part was a video message of wishing him well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

McGregor would be much more violent in his assaults, both common and sexual.

The tide is turning…

Granted he’s a foighter; not royalty. Just as a politicians job to come off as polite it is as much his to be not quite right on the night - where a bang on thee ed may be tantamount to another in the bed it’s a crude world; the fighting game where trophies are much taken as earned -

and all the while that one man is laughing as his stock somehow doth rise. To the envy, and detriment, of us all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Oh, sorry, I wasn’t referring to his “exploits” in the ring.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,240 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wonder who they will even match him up with if he decides to fight again, time waits for no man and its doubtful he would be able for the younger guys now.

The public likes someone who puts on a show and when he was on his winning streak he made a fortune for both the UFC and himself and in a short period of time he went from being an unknown to one of the most recognisable faces on the planet but in the last few years his only victory was a washed up fighter looking for a retirement pay day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

It’s weird to hear people saying that McGregor dragged himself out of the gutter to get where he is. His family lived in decent areas when he grew up, they were hardly howyas. It’s incredible the amount of his guff some morons still swallow.

Seeing his father’s posts about Zelenskyy actually makes me feel a little bit sorry for McGregor, it was such a tacky disrespectful remark from a complete mongoloid. A family of cretins.

• Advertisement

They definitely are a shower of howyas, did you not hear his sisters voicemail that she left for her dog groomer?

Not sure why you would feel sorry for McGregor regarding his stupid fathers comments on Zelensky, Conor is just as bad for not condemning the Russian invasion,not showing any support for Ukraine or addressing his trip to the world cup in Russia and his ar$e licking of Putin at the time.

Advertisement