Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Holy F*ckerony. He comes across as totally bonkers. The cinematograhy drew me in at the start, especially with Seamaster in Trieste video as I know the place well, and even left my appendix in its hospital a few years ago. But then, it went downhill, especially with the chats, which I can't watch. It's all very shallow, which is a shame as I like my little watch world, and to think this stuff goes on is a bit of a bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Nico just posted this on omega forums . I would hazard a guess that Oisin simply doesn’t have the cash to repay the debt , weve said it here before that most likely he’s a man of limited finances and what you see is all he’s got.And like a lot of flash Harry’s when they get corned they say and do anything except be honest and say I’ve no money .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭893bet

So it it 17k or 11k?

link to thread on omega forum?

Going live at 9! Could be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Going to crack open a lovely barolo and watch the guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Me too, this is going to be a moment. My guess for the excuses are....

1. Its all Nicos fault.
    2. Cancel culture is out to get him.
    3. He was actually trying to protect people by not giving them back their watches cause Oisin is real smart like.
    4. He was busy getting sucked off by Travis.
    5. Everyone is getting excited over nothing.

I bet this won’t stay up on YouTube afterwards either.

Hopefully he is two bottle deep but I think he will be sober. I predict lots of grandstanding about nothing while avoiding the issue that he actually owes the money.

Paul T must be scratching his head.

He does indeed. I can't believe I'm sitting here watching this. Good job I've the (French) wine to hand.

He could have sent the watches back in the same time he’s taken to get to the point…

There isnt enough Aperol in the world for this ****

He keeps referring to this watch as a Zineeth. I've not been following closely enough to work out what watch it is.

Thats what Zenith sounds like with the echo from your head up your own hole.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Then you're not drinking enough Aperol Fitz! 😁 Though I'm not sure Italy produces enough on an annual basis...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I wonder how people can watch this guy for more than 10 seconds and not realise what an insufferable fake prick he is. The mystery is how anyone watches his channel. I hope he gets his comeuppance, at least he's getting called out here

3.He was actually trying to protect people by not giving them back their watches cause Oisin is real smart like. --- You were spot on.

The omega forum thread has someone in claiming to be the French girl

Hello ! I haven't been reading the whole thread, but got sent a link to it! I just wanted to say it is a delight to see O'Malley being dragged and whimper on a livestream as I write. I am the French girl from the infamous French girl video and I wanted to confirm it to you: O'Malley has issues and is a sad character; in the few things I read and listened to here, he used the same arguments (often the same exact words) to try to intimidate me. I have an ongoing case against him but indeed, the Italian legal system is very very slow. I am sorry you got robbed and it is very satisfying to see you all uniting against him !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

To give some idea how shít can stick; in the WUS thread on this nasally fúcknugget tosspot a poster mentioned the French lass in passing and described her as a "prostitute". A description that the aforementioned nasally fúcknugget tosspot was the origin of in his adolescent back and forth meltdown regarding her. I corrected the poster on that score*.

*she may or not be, but if that narcissist had any class, or basic manners, he wouldn't have gone there, or had a teenaged meltdown in the first place.

Japers lads, that was fascinating and cringingly awful at the same time. Thankfully I had some vin rouge to help me and lots of little jobs to do at the same time.

Whatever about the details of who said what etc. (playground stuff), I was amazed how he seemed to blithely trot out factually inaccurate statements, for example around customs and duties etc.

This has opened a whole new circle of YouTube hell for me.

Sounds like the post on omega forum is her, she followed up this.

met him in Venice on a party night as I was living there, had a few drinks and a lunch with him in the following months thinking he was a bit of a loser but a friendly one, so I accepted to do this video with him which was not to my liking but whatever. Later he asks me to make another one, I politely refuse, he starts getting angry and tries to intimidate me referring as my past as a sex worker, threatens to out me to the world, then it escalated to the point where he did out me, posted my full name, address, and all kind of harassment and defamatory content. I'm wondering why he used the same techniques with me when there was nothing for him to win: I was simply asking him to not link my full name to his trashy content. I think he truly feels like the victim in any of these situations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

So I’m interested in this but not enough to actually watch his full spin video . Did he accept any blame ? Is nico’s version of events correct?

Nico had some argument with watch Eric or watch Tim( not sure of the name) recently about none payment to Archie , then all the TPG drama and now this. The declining market and loss of interest in watch hype will surely be putting pressure on dealer & YouTubers so no doubt more drama will be ahead.

I for one will be glad when all the watch hype is dead , prices come back to reality and any watch based YouTube channels will focus on watch content.

No blame. He is the victim helping everybody.

His mask is well and truly off.

So I’m interested in this but not enough to actually watch his full spin video . Did he accept any blame ? Is nico’s version of events correct?

Like everyone else here I couldn't suffer through more than a couple of minutes of it, but from what I gather from comments made by braver souls than me, no he accepted no blame, showed the disputed Seikos and apparently offered them for sale. No sign of the disputed vintage Gruen that may have belonged to Humphrey Bogart. That it's all because he's a nice guy who was bullied in school(apparently Dublin schools in the 1980's were like Afghanistan in the 1980's) and because he's so nice he got taken advantage of. Full bore narcissist stuff. With wine on top.

I for one will be glad when all the watch hype is dead , prices come back to reality and any watch based YouTube channels will focus on watch content.

Prices are softening, sales are slowing outside the "signature pieces", a large percentage of watch sales are between dealers and flippers(Nico has alluded to this more than once), big name auction house sales are still bouyant, but auction fever and money laundering plays a big part in that(it was the same just before the various vintage car booms deflated. Prices are softening there too). Stuff like this guy in Venice gaining traction and attention on social media won't help. I'd even consider the Moonswatch hype as a last kick before the end. If you can get the same dopamine hit and "investment" over a 250quid watch that looks like 100, why bother fellating some salesman in an AD in the hope of getting on some list for a watch that costs 50 times that.

Last night I had a look at a couple of vintage dealers and watches where I'd have a fair idea of "values" and prices are down by at least a third compared to a even two years ago. And that's dealer prices. On forum type sales it's a similar story and watches take longer to sell even at the lower prices. I reckon it'll go the same in the wider market. No dramatic slump, just a quiet declining interest in higher prices and the hype.

I watched the streams....I feel assaulted. It was a lesson in narcissism, and people of limited mental capacity thinking their are smart. Simple facts are.

1. TTWC has held guys watches for far too long - reason his lengthy artistic process and that he is trying to avoid customs charges for them (despite no charges being due). That he has kept them too long is not in dispute.
    2. TTWC owes nico money and wont/cant pay. - Nico has gone a atomic about this. That money is owed is not in dispute.

Other thing read between the lines

1. TTWC runs in a financially precarious way far from the image he portrays.
    2. Both lads love the sound of their own voice but by god TTWC would lick himself if he was an ice lolly.
    3. TTWC loves to slander and slag lads off, he is a bully and like all woke bullies claims he himself is being bullied.

This reminds me of the early days of the TPG stuff. Once the trolls get the scent its only a matter of time before TTWC is gone. The saccharine positivity and ass licking he is used to on his channel will be replaced with venom and bile, and that will degrade his ego over time to the point where he gives up. This seems to be a common thread in TTWC life where he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory and sabotages his own life. Its a literal study in textbook narcissism. Nico is like a Duracell bunny, I dont know that its the best way for him to get what he wants but he seems to have the moral highroad here.

I do love the drama but its just pathetic at this stage.

Very difficult to watch his excuse video. If you listen to Nico's phone call, just imagine the Oisin part without any reply dragged out over 2 hours. I feel sorry for anyone that got involved with him, as fitz said, a narcissistic manipulative arsehole who is playing the victim card.

Seems like 3 people have legit complaints and I assume more will come out of the woodwork.

I listened to the phone call to Nico on speaker and the wife listened in, she said the same thing. Reminds me of every manipulative arséhole I've ever met over the years.

Anyway, I reported his channel as a scam, hopefully more people do and he's deplatformed

He could have had a nice little side earner for a while, pimping Franklin Mint watches and views of Venice, but blew that with his daftness. Then again it could be argued that this type of "personality" driven youtube content is made with fragile egos and narcissists in mind and that type of mind tends to self destruct.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,047 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I watched just the phone call and the full TTWC livestream last night. I don't think I've ever seen a livestream in full from any watch channel before. Unfortunately this time also without alcohol 😂

While O'Malley is as arrogant as they come and a totally lazy bollix and it seems all these deals made were at best unprofessional as no clear terms were agreed. One thing needs clarification. If you sold one or more Rolex steel sports watches for an agreed amount last year, but you didn't get paid for several months, that would be the end of the contract / deal / arrangement for me. The watches would have gone up by thousands during that time. If that was the case, I can understand why he didn't really want to send the watches anymore. He should have said "no deal, you paid too late" and promptly repaid the money though. I don't buy any of the excuses about stuff like having difficulty shipping the watches - "it's a long trip on the train to my dodgy shipping agent, you know" / having COVID / not being able to say "no"

But that's just the one deal gone awkward. What is far more worrying are the allegations from O'Malley about others that they doxxed him and that they have a standard business practice of doing a deal on a watch (in an upward market) but then not paying for months

We haven't heard the end of this