Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,238 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€17-18k is the going rate for a JC 126660, you can get the earlier model for a few grand less. It's about 25% over retail, which is less than most steel sport Rolex, so I don't think mad is the word for it at all. A boggo sub for 25% over retail would make it €11k, you can't get one (current model) for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭scwazrh

You’d be doing well to get a newish sub for €11k. At €18k though I’d be spending it on a Batman or Starbucks but JC is a higher retail so I don’t know anymore .Until prices calm down I’ve given up on Rolex .

That's my point. You won't get a new model sub for €11k, which is 25% over retail. The same as a €17.5k JC current model is.

In my view paying 25% over retail for a boggo no date sub is slightly more mad than paying 25% over retail for a far more interesting and less common Rolex sports watch 😀

But yeah I agree, I wouldn't be so sure if there is only one way from here, come a massive recession and I can see the values of even relatively well grey priced Rolex sports come down. The GMT Master II are all overpriced imho at far more than 25% over retail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

There was a new model one on TZ for 15.5k euro this week. Not sure of sold or if he has wiggle room but you always assume there is 500 quid to be had off.

100 percent charging dealer prices and there is zero comeback really.

seen that bluesy. Suspect there is a lot of two tone and date just owners a little nervous having a lot of them bought watches they didn’t want as they though they were building a relationship etc. But who knows. Stock does seem to still be moving.

• Advertisement

It was GBP13.5k (almost €16k) and it sold immediately (on a Sunday morning!) - no doubt for full price. It was a typical TZ case of someone "selling back into the forum for what I paid for it". He could have asked for a good bit more and it would also have sold within days.

Lol. Nothing like a lad trigger about his watch dropping in value.

There is ones on C24 for 17-17.5k from dealers In Europe. So if you think a private sale is also 17-18k then well.

15-16k on an very good day private sale.

On the below phase we are at the “unease” phase 😅

https://medium.com/@CGaSotelo/boom-bust-cycles-3f8946caa2c3

one thing Thomas on adverts isnt is cheap .He seems to set his sell prices by Chrono 24 and set his buy prices on the basis of the seller must be desperate .Going by some of the instagram watch traders I follow €15k seems to be a realistic price for the JC .

selling back into the forum for what I paid for it

@893bet unlike a certain moonwatch from not too long ago …..

Oh no I realise full well that all Rolex steel sports have dropped in value in the last month or two. Not being defensive about that at all. Not nearly as much as our pension funds / stock market portfolios and crypto though 🤣

Looks like we haven't seen the end of it either.

BTW either of you have any proof of a JC 126660 selling for €15k recently or are you both just making that up? Cheapest one for sale in the EU last time I looked was €17.5k on chrono, there is simply no way you could get €2.5k off that.

@893bet - "15-16k on an very good day private sale." OK go on then, you buy one for €15k in the next day or two, I'll give you €15.5k for it. Instant €500 profit for you for nothing. I dare you.

Oh wait, you can't manage to do that? Thought as much. You're not doing much for your credibility.

• Advertisement

Yeah seems to be the earlier model all right around €15k no way I’d pay €3k more for a slightly updated model though , doubt many people are .

there’s a good few 1266600 for around €17k on Chrono and less the 6/7% for buying direct brings you near €16k , so closer to the €15k than €18k

Ooooh triggered! My credibility is pretty intact.

C24 prices are fantasy. 17-18k are fantasy for private sale. We have just seen one selling for 15.7 on TZ and you are arguing about the range. Though I do understand you don’t consider watch condition when buying from what I have seen.

Sadly my wrist is not 1/4 of an inch above average so I can’t pull this off. Stick yours up for 17.5k so and watch it languish.

@scwazrh thsts is the older version in fairness

Post edited by 893bet on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Thank you, that is a fabulous watch.

Any idea on the commission that would be applied on top of the same price 10-15%?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I see a few reports going around of a number of Oisin's fans sending him their watches to review and him not sending them back!

https://youtu.be/FNNFBapDvBk

This is mental. Has to be the end of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,712 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone following the worrying allegations coming out about The Timeless Watch Channel?

Just saw this pop up on reddit/watches

Quite the rabbit hole to go down, thread over on the Omega forums too:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

My biggest observation from that is Nico needs to up his nail hygiene

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He had a career? 😁 A few of us called him out for the chancer he is ages ago. Maybe because unlike Americans and others who fall for the blarney in Venice speil that doesn't work on other Irish people?

I suspect a fair number of dodgy types will scurry away from the light when the rock of the current watch hype is lifted.

If it's anything like the softening of the vintage end of watches the "bust" when it comes will be a quiet enough affair. Fewer offerings for sale, prices high, but nobody buying and sales that are happening are more direct person to person sales on insta, discord, forums for much lower prices. And the mainstream moves onto some other fashion or "investment".

The main difference being that the vintage end never went fully mainstream. It stayed prety niche. It didn't attract nearly so many new(or young) people into the hobby and those that it did were far more likely to be burnt, or simply lost interest when their vintage watch was too small, delicate and didn't have the insta flex of the new stuff. A lot fewer dealers got involved too and the dealer to dealer sales we see in the new Rolex/PP/AP stuff didn't really happen until near the crest of the peak.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,712 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Didn't see this posted - Christ! comes across as quite unhinged

• Registered Users Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭micks_address

Interesting conversation alright in that video.. reminded me of the lines in In the name of my Father.. we don't make threats we just carry out orders :) probably got that quote wrong..

Just another week in the watch soap opera. What the actually **** 😅😅😅😅

Wtf is going on ? Was there a reason he didn’t give nico the money? I assume it was payment for a watch .Actually enjoyed his recent Tudor bb pro video but no denying now that he’s just a di*head , Seems to think he’s a hard man now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

t'is nearly better than an episode of Eastenders at this point. was waiting for the "doof, doof, doof, doof, doof, doof, doof, doof, doof".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can all those folks who were on the Óisin is a dickhead bus please raise their ✋

As I said recently, I don't look at watch YT apart from our in house lads here 😉 I had watched a couple of Óisin's vids and the schtick of ostentatious asshole just did nothing for me. Similar vibe from Nico's vids too tbh very much all show.

That the Venetian man of leisure is being a wanker is no surprise, its his character after all.

I do hope that he is held to account, particularly for lad with the Bogarde watch. We as watch buyers tend to put a lot of faith in other folk when selling and trading in the hope that it's reciprocated. When it goes wrong? The sense of betrayal is huge, as is the self doubt.

I think timeless and some of the other channels are pretty much on the same level as wrestling. Entertainment for men and it seems to be morphing into a soap opera at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I dont know what the context of this is at all....But a few of us (and WIbbs often to great comic effect) have been calling this for ages. I spotted him as a chancer early enough, and at the start I though he was a cool dude. I was actually feeling maybe I was being harsh on him, but yet again the Fitz radar proves accurate....its the old story I would guess of money troubles, fake it till you make it and borrowing from peter to pay paul. I am surprised honestly with that vid, he got so nasty. Nico you can say what you want about him but i have had dealing with him and his business and always a stand up guy. I know Nico is trying to buy a house at the moment and is trying to get all the money he can for a deposit, so I am sure this money he is owed is needed.

Edit...looks like we will get told a yarn later this evening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4086sih8Uw

• Advertisement

A good chance to make a few bob pick off the Super Chats!

Advertisement