Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Well done on being successful, it's great to have financial security and basically not have to eat GMO ****, have a good life through hard work and the right decisions.

I suppose you want her to leave and you'll wait for the next conspiracy theorist to enter the foyer, then go at them asking them what their other accounts are, complaining about rereggs and rinse and repeat.

That's your style isn't it Tao. You like doing that, you dirty fecker....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

Its not odd at all. It is a basic premise that the pharma companies are not to be trusted. They are not in the business of public health. Their business is to make money and sell vaccines. The pandemic has been manna for those companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Do you have a personal gripe with me from one of your other accounts? Take it up with a mod if you do. If your don’t, then stop being petty

Snowcat, whatever the gender has posted In support of a conspiracy theory they don’t believe in. It’s a little odd. Asking why is not chasing them away.

They are in the business to keep people alive because dead people are no longer customers. So it is odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

Thanks. Yes i have a highly successful business and a supplementary organic farm where i try and make environmental and social acceptable decisions. I abosolutely despise GMO and when i heard the mRNA vaccines were going that route that was me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

No they're not, they're assumptoins based on known behaviours and similar behaviours with other vaccines and medicines hence scientists not creating a new branch of biology into investigating the behavior.

Now, as you seem to be willfully ignoring, time after time, in a controlled environment with testing, fewer vaccinated test positive then unvaccinated.

I am fully aware of the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of farming, but name your one organically used product and we'll see if it's a chemical or not rather than running away and strawmanning.

You are also highly privelaged to be in the position where you can afford to pay extra for organically grown food, or use your land at a lower productivity rate when farming, most of the world is not as lucky to be in that position and never will.

mRNA vaccines are not GMO, but go on in repeating some early anti-vax misnformation from the pandemic.

Vaccines are a low profit business, hence not many new ones being produced and most being funded by research efforts such as oxford or startups. Pharma companies much prefer to sell a treatment than a vaccine 50 euro for a vaccine course vs. 600 euro for a COVID treatment course.

No gripe with you whatsoever, but you're insinuating that any new account is a rereg or someone's other account including mine. It's a message board, mostly banter here. You hardly think our post's are important in the outside world. Is there influential people here looking for potential talent or something.

Or are you afraid of anonymity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Oop. Page 199 and still no conspiracy theory being posted.

The only person who admits to being a conspiracy theorist is just posting waffling nonsense to waste time cause they are in a pissy mood.

The rest have intermittently told us that they aren't anti-vax, aren't conspiracy theorists, aren't saying there's a conspiracy and aren't interested in discussion conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭hometruths

• People who are fully vaccinated and people who are unvaccinated may behave differently, particularly with regard to social interactions and therefore may have differing levels of exposure to COVID-19.

This sort of covers all bases of known behaviour though doesn't it? They may behave differently and therefore may have differing levels of exposure to COVID-19.

I presume to find this a credible explanation for higher case rates in the vaccinated, it means you'd have to believe the unvaccinated are more cautious and anxious about exposing themselves Covid and thus would make greater effort to avoid such exposure - i.e reduced social interactions?

Would you acknowledge that?

Yet, I wonder which side flat earthers are on when it comes to vaccines...

Every account? You seem to be prone to exaggeration. If I recall, those who I have called out have turned out to be exactly as I said. CT’ists are very predictable.

It's based on people who are infected and then go and get tested so case numbers are fully down to human behaviour. It also turns out that those who refuse to get vaccinated are also less likely to get tested, unless they get severely sick, which they did in much higher %'s than the vaccinated.

Again, this was expected as the vaccine rollout went from everyone rushing to get vaccinated to everyone being vaccinated who wanted one, hence no one (bar conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers) was surprised by the numbers.

That you're still pushing this angle so many months later across 2 different accounts is your singular failure to understand, not anyone elses.

It's also been months since this data came out. So surely since then there must be other indications that the vaccine is causing more infections.

Or will he fall back to the conspiracy standard of claiming all evidence being covered up?

Ok, we can come at it from the likely to get tested angle too if you prefer.

So you think this is credible - the unvaccinated who are less likely to get tested because they are less health conscious than the vaccinated, are also more likely to have lower exposure to Covid than the vaccinated due to avoiding riskier social interactions, even though they are less health conscious?

Can you explain why they are likely to be less health conscious re getting tested but more health conscious about exposure? That is totally counterintuitive?

Do you have any other evidence that indicates the vaccine is causing more infections?

Or is it still only just that one figure you're interpreting?

Or will he fall back to the conspiracy standard of claiming all evidence being covered up?

Oddly enough they have stopped publishing the data in such detail.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The unvaccinated are down the rabbit hole online seeking out conspiracies. Their biggest risk at this stage is vitamin d deficiency

OK. Going full on conspiracy theory to avoid acknowledging a lack of any evidence.

Why have they stopped publishing the data exactly?

Are they also covering up all the other evidence the vaccine is increasing infections?

• Advertisement

Why have they stopped publishing the data exactly?

Because too many people were questioning the plausibility of the disclaimer, eg similiar to the question I asked @astrofool :

Can you explain why they are likely to be less health conscious re getting tested but more health conscious about exposure? That is totally counterintuitive?

Rather than explain the disclaimer better, they chose to label anybody who questioned it an antivaxxer with an agenda who just didn't understand, and they said that publishing the data was just encouraging antivaxxers to spread misinformation. The obvious danger of this was an undermining in public confidence in the vaccines.

One would have thought the best way to increase public confidence in the vaccines would be more openness and transparency, not less.

Given that you find the disclaimer credible can you explain why the unvaccinated are likely to be less health conscious re getting tested but more health conscious about exposure?

Well, the thing is we did have a weirdly aggressive account that accused posters of being NPCs and soya boys.... Now we've got another poster with an incredibly similar posting style...

Their exposure is indeterminate and likely the same or more , as we see by hospitalisations, unvaccinated make up proportionately more of those with COVID.

You are (now solely) focusing on numbers from a voluntary testing and report system outside of a control environment.

Again, your understanding of the numbers is the issue here, or we have discovered a new branch of medicine (we haven't).

You say that the disclaimer is based on known behaviours of the vaccinated vs the unvaccinated but you also say of the unvaccinated: "Their exposure is indeterminate and likely the same or more"

Yet the disclaimer says:

• "People who are fully vaccinated and people who are unvaccinated may behave differently, particularly with regard to social interactions and therefore may have differing levels of exposure to COVID-19.

You are directly contradicting the reasons we are given to explain why there are higher case rates in the vaccinated versus the unvaccinated.

I actually agree with you that "Their exposure is indeterminate and likely the same or more", but that is not what the disclaimer says which is I why I don't find it credible.

You are (now solely) focusing on numbers from a voluntary testing and report system outside of a control environment.

Yes, I am focussing on the real world data of what is actually happening in the real world outside of a control environment.

Cool. Can you quote where they said that was the reason they stopped providing that data?

Or is that more of you assuming things and trying to present it as fact?

You do that a lot then run away when you're challenged on it. So I think that's what's happening here.

And no mate, I have no particular motivation to answer your question about it when you have completely ignored the questions I asked you about it first.

I have asked you to show where the people putting the data have suggested (directly and not your personal interpretation) that the vaccine might be increasing infections. You failed to do so.

I've asked you to provide other evidence and statements from the intervening months that show that the vaccines are causing more infections. You failed to do this.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how open and transparent they make things because we have folks like you and your grifters who will dishonestly twist things to support an anti-vaxx agenda.

Seriously, wow they're very bold if they're trying to come back again. Are you going to run to the moderators about the similarities ?

Shocking, absolutely shocking should someone try to join boards under a different account. Mind you there's a lot of similarities between yourself and a few more than come in here.

Maybe you are trying to deflect your own issues.

So you're playing moderator now, well done. Hopefully you'll be upgraded to a higher status.

Cool. Can you quote where they said that was the reason they stopped providing that data?

Sure. https://www.thenational.scot/news/19931745.covid-data-will-not-published-concerns-misrepresented-anti-vaxxers/

The PHS official told The Scotsman: “What is happening is people are looking at those simple data and trying to make inferences about the vaccination, whether the vaccines work, inappropriately and sometimes wilfully.

"There are so many caveats and they just pull certain figures out that should not be used.

"What we are going to do is do a lot more on the vaccine effectiveness side and try and make people understand how effective the vaccine is.

“For example we know it is 50 per cent effective against getting infected, but that it is much higher effectiveness against hospitalisations and deaths which is the key thing really as that’s what we want to prevent.”

And no mate, I have no particular motivation to answer your question about it when you have completely ignored the questions I asked you about it first.

I have asked you to show where the people putting the data have suggested (directly and not your personal interpretation) that the vaccine might be increasing infections. You failed to do so.

I've asked you to provide other evidence and statements from the intervening months that show that the vaccines are causing more infections. You failed to do this.

You are putting words into my mouth. I have not said there is definitive evidence of vaccines increasing the susceptibility of infections. What I said exactly in reply when you first told I was doing this was:

Yes, but in that post you are making the analogy that the vaccines actually increase the chances of being infected.

I don't know if that is happening or not. I believe it is possible but I have no idea if it is actually happening.

The data showed repeatedly that the vaccinated were consistently contracting covid at a higher rate than the unvaccinated.

I have no idea why that is happening. Precisely because I have seen no credible explanation for it. That is my point.

I am not qualified to tell you why or how the vaccinated could be consistently infected at higher rates than the unvaccinated and do not claim to be.

I am qualified to tell you that the explanation that the unvaccinated are likely to be less health conscious re getting tested but more health conscious about exposure is totally illogical.

If I am wrong, and if you in fact believe that is a totally credible and logical explanation, then please do explain it to me.

What I said and what the report says are not contradictory, outside of a controlled environment (which still shows the same effectiveness of vaccines of reducing cases by 50% in vaccinated populations) each impact has a likelihood of probability. What your saying is the most likely thing that has happened is something that has never happened before (vaccination makes infection more likely) and is contradicted by all other data from the weekly reports (latest one here: COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report: week 19 (publishing.service.gov.uk)).

That report contains the real world data, go and read it.

Now, what's interesting is whether you are going on a weird solo run with this (despite being proven wrong over and over, I mean seriously, for your own mental health this can't be good) or you are getting this information from another website, which is it?

And this is blatantly untrue, the exact opposite was seen until the antibody rate was near 99.8% in the UK (and you realise that the unvaccinated also include those who were previously infected thus would have some level of immunity depending on the variant at play):

The data showed repeatedly that the vaccinated were consistently contracting covid at a higher rate than the unvaccinated.

Look at that. Yet again the quote you provide doesn't actually say what you said.

No where does it say anything about them not publishing the data because "people are questioning the disclaimer."

That's something you made up.

What he describes is the exact tactic you are using here and in specific with those exact words.

It's an amazing display of lack of self awareness.

So you aren't claiming that the vaccines are increasing infections. Cool.

You agree that the people who published the data don't put that forward as a possibility.

You agree that there's been no other indication that the vaccines are doing that.

So we can safely exclude that as a possibility.

So perhaps the reason rest solely with you not being able or willing to understand the explanation offered by the people who provided you the data.

As dohnjoe points out this is a pure conspiracy theorist tactic.

We can't possibly explain it to you because you're not willing to accept any explanation that isn't an antivaxx one. You will simply keep denying things until you run away to the next point you don't understand.

• Advertisement

You said the unvaccinated are likely to have the same exposure or more to Covid. One of the official explanations for why the rates are higher in the vaccinated is that they're likely to have less exposure.

That is contradictory.

And this is blatantly untrue, the exact opposite was seen until the antibody rate was near 99.8% in the UK

Can you provide source for a what point the antibody rate was near 99.8%?

Advertisement