Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's nothing to do with Netflix the show airs weekly on AMC in America and Netflix have the rights for the rest of the world to air it the day after it airs in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's true for many other shows (as well as the other streaming services like Disney+ and Amazon Prime who might release 1-2 episodes at first before switching to weekly), however Better Call Saul is on an American channel called AMC. They have the main say in terms of when it airs. Netflix just have a deal for the episodes to be on Netflix a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Here I come, ever the devil's advocate....🤣

I have a lot of sympathy for Howard. I believe that all Howard's apparent machinations against Jimmy and Kim, were directed by Chuck (or As I call him , Chuck The B4strd). Howard always deferred to Chuck, until Chuck threatened to destroy HHM.

I never thought him creepy or weird, but he is always a stickler for detail, even down to his dress sense. Always look and behave professional. I said in a previous post that I didn't think the current attack him by Jimmy and Kim is born out of animosity, but simply as a way to force the hand on the Sandpiper deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

why did jimmy ring kim?

he should have left it, whether he could organise a cast for their actor or not.... or whether he was never fully on-board and welcomed the opportunity to not go-ahead, he still shouldnt have rang kim and put her off her dream opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭RickBlaine

The only time I can remember that Howard was genuinely an asshole was when he kept Kim in doc review after winning the Mesa Verde account. But even that can be justified by Howard feeling let down and even betrayed by Kim. In any case, he definitely doesn't deserve what Kim and Jimmy are planning.

Really interesting to note that Kim is in the driving seat with this. There have been a couple of times this season where Jimmy suggested ending it and walking away but Kim kept pushing to proceed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Omaha mentioned couple of times - I know Omaha Beach and Omaha, Nebraska are completely different places before anyone points it out 😊

The reg plate on Kim’s mother’s car was a Nebraska one.

”Gene” gets sent to Omaha by vacuum repair guy.

Reading the above theories about the coffee and think there’s something to it - focussed twice on it and usually no coincidences in this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Oh those videos I posted ‘Will Howard Fight’ - ‘Kim Jail’ . Were just fan theories. There was no new spoilers all before s6 e5 - analysis of previous episodes . The Kim one in particular was analysis of potential hidden tells or teasers that could predict her fate. Nothing concrete.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

In the driving seat literally and metaphorically when she chose the other road. Cleverly shot I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

When Jimmy was in the vet did he take some of the drug or just buy some for later (possibly for use on Howard)?

What was Kim seeing in his appearance that she made him look in mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I've said it before about Kim craving punishment/discipline. She keeps edging towards the line but she still hasn't crossed it yet, at least not to the point that other people know what she is really like. I think she's screwed up because of her upbringing where there were no consequences for her actions. Her mother laughed off her shoplifting in the flashback, and in a previous flashback we saw Kim refusing to get in the car with her mother, who she believed had been drinking, and walking a long way home, so she is also very stubborn. Combining these traits explains her determination to continue down this destructive path, despite everybody thinking so highly of her. She'll keep going until she really crosses the line and then the punishment will be severe, but I think Jimmy will get her out with a new identity from the vacuum guy. Hell, she could be living with Jimmy in the post-BB timeline. Didn't the events of BB take place over only a year or so? Jimmy might have packed Kim off to keep her safe, but maintained contact with her, knowing that one day he would catch up with her when he himself needed a vacuum service.

There's no way Lalo is getting out of this alive. His scenes, and Gus and Mike's scenes are kind of drag for me now. We know where everybody ends up so I hope they kill him off soon, and take the last few episodes to focus on things we don't already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Presumably to be used as a follow up to the baggy in the golf club......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Not only that, they've been doing this since the beginning of 'Better Call Saul' and with the final season of 'Breaking Bad'. Nothing new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

What a goddamn episode - well well this is a cliff hanger that I didnt expect to see this soon - but then does this mean we have a good chance next episode might be another cliff hanger???🤣

Epi6: nothing to say except - tell me what's going on alreadyyy!

So ya we got a big hint that things will go south:

the champagne bottle thingy we have seen during flash forward of Jimmy's mansion - we though/knew that is from Kim (she took it previously from office). Presumably in this epi6 Jimmy was going to buy a new bottle for celebration later, but he didn't - likely they didnt get to celebrate eventually i.e. failed. So ya this whole is going to blow up for sure, likely on Kim...

Yes good spot really. I think they have been hinting that for awhile, like Howard's legs shaking previous episode before his speech. Something something made Howard gets caught while 'high' in a court house etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just learned something I completely missed s6 e6

I was wondering why Casper said ‘do I know you?’ When he saw Lalo approach in the woods. It turns out that Casper previously saw Lalo from a distance.

Ages ago When Fring was making up the cover story so Lalo would not know about the lab. Casper saw Lalo from a distance.

Which is why he recognised Lalo from a distance in the last episode.

Brilliant attention to detail and continuity!

I thought he did buy the bottle? Was in queue with it when he saw judge in sling. I assumed that the cap he kept was from that bottle?

There was a shot of the bottle in the box left on the shelf where Saul was standing, showing that Saul left the bottle and ran out to call Kim (or also avoid being seen by the guy).

Presumably the bottle will be purchased again later.

That is a good theory on Kim’s motivation. I was just thinking she enjoys the thrill. Was even disappointed on missing D day as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I'm struggling to care anymore about the Lalo v Gus story and that's no slight on the character or Dalton's performance both of which are fantastic. But Lalo's character is essentially a dead-end (no pun intended) from a story perspective given what we know of Gus in BB. It feels like it's eating up too much screen time simply to clear up a mystery about a single line of dialogue from BB : "Did Lalo send you?".

I still care about the Lalo V Gus story even just to see how it ends, how Mike and Gus beat Lalo and how Lalo ties in with Saul like you say. The only thing dragging it down at the minute is that Lalo is too far separated from Gus/Mike at the moment to the point where Gus/Mike are just left waiting, and we're spending so much time watching Lalo trying to get evidence about something we already know, and that Lalo already suspects enough that it feels pointless going to these lengths.

Hopefully next week being the mid-season finale means it'll properly kick into gear.

It was last seen that Kim took the bottle cap from her previous office (there is a drawer scene, forgot what season now, or i remember wrong lol). Thats why I am saying that presumably if the cap we saw in the flashforward at the mansion is the same one Kim took from office - that means no new bottle was bought.

Yeah that's a fair point too, I'd forgotten that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Can't believe we're already at the mid season break next week. Feels like a lot of setting up is being done and all hell will break loose from Ep8 on.

Such a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Watching the episode lsat night I was thinking this show could almost be a graphic novel wth the way the shots are framed. There were so many interesting framing choices in just the first scene with Howard. I assume only now with such small cameras available can shows now look like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I assume with the first half of the final season devoted to Jimmy & Kim vs Howard that we're not really going to see much of Saul in his post Breaking Bad life? I'm not invested in their scam on Howard and tbh it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either in motivation or execution.

They have teased a lot of "Gene" in previous seasons and now it seems that they've dropped the Gene version of Saul completely. That's a disappointment.

They certainly haven't dropped Gene. They used to have small Gene scenes at the start and maybe end of each season to give hints about Saul's future. Given that this is the final season, they're spending more time now completing the story of his past and setting things up and providing the info we will now need for the rest of Gene's story.

The show is about how he became Saul. Whatever happens to him post-Breaking Bad is more a bookend of his story as a whole, so it'll probably only be an episode or so at most. But the show has always been more about his pre-Breaking Bad life as well as the other characters like Kim, Mike, Gus etc. I think things like how they're going after Howard are still just yet to play out fully so it's hard to properly determine their motivations for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I think Gus or Mike will kill Lalo in the underground lab and Gus's story in BCS will end with him visiting Hector to gloat about Lalo's death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I presumed that's why Gus hid the gun in the lab the previous episode. Lalo will meet his end there and was more than likely buried there during the whole of Breaking Bad.

Advertisement