Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Interesting theory that Jimmy inadvertently ends up killing Howard.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Good analysis and reasoning that Kim might end up in some form of prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Kim either dies or ends up in Witness Protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Giancarlo Esposito directing this week's episode

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Same actress playing Kim's mother ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

wow, was convinced ... the voice, the eyes ... just thought she had a prosthetic nose..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Howok

I hate spoilers

Well the thread title warns you there will be spoilers so that is on you for entering the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow I honestlty thought that was Rhea Seehorn playing the mother as well that was some casting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I think I'm gonna step back from BCS for three months until I can binge the rest of the season. I much prefer to watch a show at my own pace rather than being forced into weekly episodes especially if episodes ends on cliffhangers. I find myself enjoying episodes less when I have to wait weekly.

I am the opposite. I like thinking about possible plot twists. Or look for bits I missed. The weekly episode thing is how telly used to be. When you could look forward to the next episode and had to be patient. Builds the anticipation.

Yeah I did for a second as well. Even the young girl was believable as Kim.

I ignore this thread until the new episode is out and I have seen it.

I even ignore the previews of the next episode. Keeps the surprise and suspense.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

I think Kim is definitely set for a fall s6 e6. Surely the PI would have tracked Jimmy and Kim and saw them at ‘Omaha beach’?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I think Kim will end up disbarred or possibly in prison. I can only see her being killed by the cartel and it doesn't seem likely her story will cross paths with Lalo again.

I saw a theory on Reddit that the drug they are planning on slipping to Howard might actually trigger a serious medical emergency. In this week's episode, the vet said that the drug's effects depends on the person's tolerance to caffeine, and Howard made coffee only for his wife but not himself. He might be under doctor's orders to avoid caffeine. Just a theory at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Watched the latest episode. It's still building slowly. Lalo is a nasty violent guy.

Next week could be very tasty.

Good spot they zoomed in on the coffee in their house for a good while.

Also cliff was very deliberately drinking coffee (didn’t like taste) when he was asking Kim what she thinks of Howard. Could be another editorial hint/foreshadowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Kim gets a vacuum is now much more likely for me why she needs it is what I'm looking forward to finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm thinking the same thing. Finding the business card for the vacuum guy, and a lot of hints at possible dangers (the coffee, the vet's drug, the sharp bottletop).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

OK, haven't read any of this week's posts yet, was late seeing E5, and have just finished E6.

Looking backwards at the episode, Kim's on the way to something REALLY important, but Jimmy rings her to tell her about something unexpected about which, on the face of it, they can do nothing. Why ring her? By all accounts, Eisenhower didn't have to be on Omaha Beach, so , what's the deal? Obviously it has to happen to make the plot line work next week, but....

And, we have seen the vacuum cleaner guy's business card - in KIM's hand. Suggestive of anything, I wonder?

Thought the episode worked well enough this week. Lalo's appearance was well done, especially how he turned the situation around in the barn. Was that Kai? The Kai I think we're not supposed to like? Why is Kai hiding? Is he afraid that someone from USA will come looking for him? If I was Kai, I'd have swung that axe twice. I suspect he's going to regret his restraint/curiosity. Yep, Lalo is one well drawn character. I wonder how much havoc he's going to create, before he's ultimately destroyed - an outcome I can't see him avoiding.

Remember all the chat about the 'going after Howard' scenario, and how odd it seemed. Well not anymore. NOW they're going after a retired Judge for crying out loud. How can that NOT blow up in their faces. Speaking of Howard, I didn't realise he was the butler at home. "duly noted", hahaha, who talks to their husband like that, and smiling too. I know, Howard did mention her being a bit short on conversation....

Does anyone else think that with this episode being directed by Gus, somehow it seems to make Howard's attention to detail as he makes the lovely coffee for his wife, well, isn't it very Gus-like?

Finally, I'll go back later and look at the trailers/teasers you guys are posting here. For now I'm too afraid of seeing something that gives the game away 🤣. Also, if my speculations are wrong, I like to find out in the episodes. I often go back to see what/why /how I've missed something after seeing a reveal (do that when reading whodunnits as well, nerdy or what! ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭cmac2009

As a fellow latte art enthuasist, I felt for Howard when his work went completely unacknowledged. Been there.

Kim was on the way to the meeting Cliff set up with that non-profit organization that would have set up her Pro Bono work up for her career. But as you could see something deep inside made her do thr U-Turn I feel that's a bad sign for Kim, hard to know. Also interesting what that Vet medication will do to Howard. Lalo is one charming and sadistic killer. Can't wait for next week's mid season finale I can sense that the finale scene will fade to black and we will be in shock of whatever happens.

Btw a good summary of the things you might have missed below

Yeah here's hoping for a "Hank goes for a sh*t" type of cliffhanger, and I mean that in all sincerity!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

There was something business-like about Howard's interaction with his wife, no? Down to her 'duly noted'.

Interesting contrast from Kim's youth to her near linear path to recklessness, with glimmers of hope in between.

Lol yeah that was a fantastic cliffhanger they sure know how to do them.

I just can't see anything to bad happen with Kim as I think that would break Jimmy and he wouldn't recover I'm hoping she gets her vacuum repaired I suppose she could end up in prison but surely Jimmy would be sent down as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Just saw this after posting my own thoughts. Hmmm, as I said above, not watching any online thoughts or hints (other than those in here, ), so not sure what was in that jail video you posted - and don't tell me😁. That might seem inconsistent because I watched your other video "Will Howard fight?" but I didn't think that was going to give too much away.

Vacuum cleaner guy surely has to make an appearance (despite the original actor having sadly passed away), and where better than whisking Kim away. Downsides? She can never be Kim again, but if she's going to be done for something (and would it be certain to be deserving of actual jail?), well, that's her career down the toilet anyway. So, she gets done for something, gets a non custodial conviction so, off to I don't know, New Hampshire? Pity she's not in Omaha. Gene could get her a job. I say non-custodial, as presumably she wouldn't be on a wanted poster by then.

I'd say Howard's wife is likely also a lawyer and they both have that kind of demeanor. Either way, I'd be pretty sure they're going through significant marriage troubles but are currently still living together. Howard seems like he's trying to work things out with her but she seems uninterested. Would also explain why Howard is seeing a therapist, a possibly why he's had a change in character over the last few seasons. Maybe how he dealt with Chuck's death and his troubles with his wife are somehow linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Howard is obviously sleeping in the pool house, broken marriage where they debate about even appearing in public together and seemingly have divided up the friends already too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Netflix subscriber numbers have taken a hit so this is a new tactic from Netflix to keep you subscribed for longer.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement