Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Unknown117

don’t play with my head i’ve been refreshing my emails for ages 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Si_zx10r

No, I think if there was an issue you would have heard by now. They contacted the ones there wad issues with already so if you've heard nothing then you're probably all good 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Newsoph3

From my understanding of the last email with our scores.. Tomorrow we only receive word back about our right to work checks.. Then they send the merit list to the psni... I didnt think we get out merit list tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Yeah I was thinking that too! I don’t think we’re getting our merit number at all for a small while I think tomorrow is an email just to confirm our right to work documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Newsoph3

Yeah from what I am reading Deloitte will send the list to the PSNI then inform us when it has been sent and the PSNI will contact us with our merit list and next stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Skyhook44

I have thought that to ref the merit list on Friday, it’s only passed to PSNI at this stage. Can anyone from previous campaigns confirm if PSNI or Deloitte give you the merit list position?

I’m pretty sure the PSNI recruitment team email you to congratulate you etc and give you the Merit List number

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

1710 and 1810 campaigns right to work checks were done at the AC at the start.

PSNI informed us of our ML position.

Myself and a handful of others from both campaigns were "fast tracked" so we progressed to PCA prior to AC results being released.

I got my ML number the same day as my PCA

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭crazyfire999

No - just was beginning to get concerned. As I think it’s by close of play tomorrow. Though they usually have been in touch before the deadlines….

Be grand - re results. I got an A - but I’m pretty sure A,B,C doesn’t make a difference - A pass is a pass I imagine….

• Advertisement

Yeah so they’ll be in touch tomorrow though only to make us aware of our right to work and thst the merit list has been sent off to psni recruitment. We will then get an email from psni recruitment team to congratulate us so far and then give us our merit position followed by PCA

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hypomnesia

Well that’s depressed me now 😂 Wander how long it’ll take for PSNI to forward the merit list to us?

will deloitte not inform us of our merit list position tomorrow, pass it to the PSNI then they will inform us of our next stages? that’s how i’ve understood but i could be terribly wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

Only time will tell my friend haha! Hopefully we aren't left in limbo at the weekend... But at least we know we passed thats the main thing

That was always my perception, but going by the email it states they will communicate that the merit list has been passed over and that’s it.. I assume the email will basically mention the fact that they would be in touch with your merit list number at a later stage and also confirm your approval for right to work docs..

i have been told by a friend that the PSNI team congratulate you via email with your merit number. This could obviously be different now but that’s how it was in 17’

I read it again and they actually advise that its not confirmed yet when merit list will be passed to psni, tomorrow is just to confirm our right to work thing lol that's not to say it won't be passed across tomorrow but wouldn't build hopes on getting merit number

Yeah the 7th paragraph from the top mentions this. It’ll be a later stage when the psni team contact us we’ll get the merit list..

Great job ! We will get there yet,,..

Just got email confirming right to work. They are passing the ML to the PSNI next week.

Interesting read that, glad of it.

• Advertisement

Yeah merit list next week.. knew it was just a confirmation

So possibly another 2 weeks before we'll know our merit ranking?

Deloitte will pass it to PSNI by the end of next week, then guessing the following week PSNI will make contact with us?

Still it's great reasurrance to know you are now 100% on the merit list :)

Yeah it could be the following week we will receive it. Depends on when they send it over to recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rouge_one

Be intresting to know if anyone actually fails the right to work part. Surely if you have applied you kind of already know if you are eligible. Same with the substance misuse stage of the campaign?

You’d be surprised haha! People can fail at any stage. I was suspecting people not uploading it on time

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Seeing as some folk are interested in the merit list positions, I thought I would share some interesting merit list figures from the 2018 campaign.

Grade A* = 2 candidates.

Grade A = 103 candidates.

Grade B = 354 candidates.

Grade C = 620 candidates.

For some reason that gives 1079 merit list number but the join psni website states 1053 for 2018 campaign, but close enough to give you an idea.

Edit* Further to this, 252 candidates were fast tracked before the results were issued. So high grade B and upwards would have achieved the fast track in that campaign.

Thanks for that, just goes to show how strict the scoring system is. Well done to all the A and B scorers, smart @rses 🤣🤣 jokes. I wonder if pca's will begin before July time. Imagine we will get vetting forms next which will take us into the middle of June at least and then once they receive those then pca's will be arranged

I used to think it looked pretty easy getting an officer role. But between the assessments and the amount of patience you need, I have alot of respect for anyone who’s went through this process. And that’s not even talking about GV

We’re in for a long wait. I’m genuinely crapping myself about GV..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

Try not to worry about GV And just enjoy and make the most of the experience! I've previously been in the forces And absolutely loved my phase training. It was hectic but such an experience. I'm sure when you get in there will be people around to help you achieve what you need to. Everyone will be looking out for each other I'm sure

Advertisement